The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


SUGGESTION!

Do you have any suggestions on how we can improve our forums?

Moderator: Admin

SUGGESTION!

Postby T_C » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:34 pm

Could the admin please think about updating the forum in some way?

It's getting really boring in here, apparently you can modify these forums to enable more interactivity, options, smileys..etc etc...could something like this be done? Even a new template would be nice, or at least have a few which users can pick to save their preffered choice.

Also enabling youtube codes would be good for people to post their favorite clips, this site just needs some more activities and fun for the members. It would also attract a lot more people to join...please at least think about it:?::?::?::?::?:
User avatar
T_C
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3501
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:16 am
Location: London

Postby Get Real! » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:58 pm

I just voted for you TC... lucky boy!
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40429
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Postby T_C » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:01 pm

Appreciated! If I hadn't of voted already I would of returned the favour :D
User avatar
T_C
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3501
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:16 am
Location: London

Postby Get Real! » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:03 pm

turkish_cypriot wrote:Appreciated! If I hadn't of voted already I would of returned the favour :D


Hello? I'm not in that list! :)
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40429
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Postby T_C » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:11 pm

Get Real! wrote:
turkish_cypriot wrote:Appreciated! If I hadn't of voted already I would of returned the favour :D


Hello? I'm not in that list! :)


:lol: O! :? I didn't even realise...oh well I owe you one then...next month I'll vote for you mister!
User avatar
T_C
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3501
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:16 am
Location: London

Postby Admin » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:51 pm

Thank you for your suggestions turkish_cypriot.

Personally I would prefer to have more quality content rather than lots of smilies and animations flashing all around the forum.

Since you asked for it I will add some more emoticons as they can sometimes be useful for expressing the mood of a post. However I do not feel the same about images, especially animated ones, that are posted along every post of a member in his/her signature as these I believe add no value to the content and can be destructive.

The template we are using is modified. Adding a second one would mean additional maintenance time. At some point the look of the forum will change again but this is not a priority at the moment.

I will follow your suggestion and add the bbcodes necessary to embed youtube videos in a post.

I hope you are satisfied that most of your suggestions will be implemented :) Thanks again.
User avatar
Admin
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
 
Posts: 350
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2002 7:21 pm
Location: Cyprus

Postby T_C » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:58 pm

Admin wrote:Thank you for your suggestions turkish_cypriot.

Personally I would prefer to have more quality content rather than lots of smilies and animations flashing all around the forum.

Since you asked for it I will add some more emoticons as they can sometimes be useful for expressing the mood of a post. However I do not feel the same about images, especially animated ones, that are posted along every post of a member in his/her signature as these I believe add no value to the content and can be destructive.

The template we are using is modified. Adding a second one would mean additional maintenance time. At some point the look of the forum will change again but this is not a priority at the moment.

I will follow your suggestion and add the bbcodes necessary to embed youtube videos in a post.

I hope you are satisfied that most of your suggestions will be implemented :) Thanks again.


YAY! Ok kool the youtube videos alone would be great. Thanks a lot Admin..:D
User avatar
T_C
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3501
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:16 am
Location: London

Postby Admin » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:05 pm

Thank you for your suggestions :)
User avatar
Admin
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
 
Posts: 350
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2002 7:21 pm
Location: Cyprus

Postby Niki » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:13 pm

I agree about the animated avatars - very annoying!
User avatar
Niki
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2441
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:02 pm
Location: UK

Postby devil » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:41 am

Admin wrote:
Personally I would prefer to have more quality content rather than lots of smilies and animations flashing all around the forum.


Absolutely. Quality lacks in 95% of the posts, even in this board (e.g., large red sigs slanging others are awful!)
devil
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1536
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:33 pm

Next

Return to Suggestions and Feedback

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests