The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content

The living Cypriot culture

How can we solve it? (keep it civilized)

Postby miltiades » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:15 pm

LONG LIVE THE N A T I O N OF CYPRUS !
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Postby The Cypriot » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:17 pm

Byron wrote:

YES CYPRUS is CYPRIOT , happy now !!!

I am, Byron. Truly. More than you'll ever know.

Byron wrote: Problem with people like you is that you do not discuss or debate you dictate just like " I FASCI " .

Don't spoil it.

Byron wrote:
On the subject of Byron, unfortunately he is not alive today, so we do not know whether your assertions would prove to be correct. Certainly, if their is no Hellenism in Cyprus, I guess he would prefer to stay in the pub instead of fighting for your freedom.

Not if I'd have anything to do about it, Byron. I'm in London remember! I'd be down that pub saying.... "You helped free Greece! Come and help CYPRUS!!!!"
The Cypriot
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby boomerang » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:22 pm

miltiades wrote:LONG LIVE THE N A T I O N OF CYPRUS !

Total agreement with you on this one Milti...

Keep the best piss of the rest... :lol:

I long for the day when our homeland is "Clingon"[/u] free... :lol:
boomerang
Main Contributor
Main Contributor

Postby Byron » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:32 pm

boomerang wrote:
Byron wrote:I dont know the answer to Australia perhaps you can enlighten us with the answer.

It's called evolution with maturity Byron...

If you were to call an Aussie, enlglishman you will get a thumbing...

So you are an AUSSIE and not a CYPRIOT.
Byron
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Byron » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:33 pm

The Cypriot wrote:
Byron wrote:

YES CYPRUS is CYPRIOT , happy now !!!

I am, Byron. Truly. More than you'll ever know.

Byron wrote: Problem with people like you is that you do not discuss or debate you dictate just like " I FASCI " .

Don't spoil it.

Byron wrote:
On the subject of Byron, unfortunately he is not alive today, so we do not know whether your assertions would prove to be correct. Certainly, if their is no Hellenism in Cyprus, I guess he would prefer to stay in the pub instead of fighting for your freedom.

Not if I'd have anything to do about it, Byron. I'm in London remember! I'd be down that pub saying.... "You helped free Greece! Come and help CYPRUS!!!!"

Why would a PRO HELLENE like BYRON help a CYPRIOT ?
Byron
Contributor
Contributor

Postby michalis5354 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:37 pm

The Ancient History of Cyprus -

1. Assyrian Period
The first written source shows Cyprus under Assyrian rule. A stela found in 1845 in Kition commemorates the victory of king Sargon II (721-705 BC) in 709 over the seven kings in the land of Ia', in the district of Iadnana or Atnana. The former is supposedly the Assyrian name of the island, while some authors take the latter to mean Greece (the Islands of the Danaans). There are other inscriptions referring to Ia' in Sargon's palace at Khorsabad. The ten kingdoms listed by an inscription of Esarhaddon in 673/2 BC have been identified as Soloi, Salamis, Paphos, Kourion, Amathus and Kition on the coast, and Tamassos, Ledrai, Idalion and Chytroi in the interior. Later inscriptions add Marion, Lapithos and Kerynia (Kyrenia). The city-kingdoms began to strike their own coins around 500 BC, using the Persian weight system.

2. The City-Kingdoms

Cyprus gained independence around 669/663. Cemeteries of this period are chiefly rock-cut tombs. They have been found, among others, at Tamassos, Soloi, Patriki and Trachonas. The rock-cut 'Royal' tombs at Tamassos, built ca. 600 BC imitate wooden houses. The pillars show Phoenician influence. Some graves contain remains of horses and chariots.

The main deity on the Island was the Great Goddess, Phoenician Astarte, later known under the Greek name of Aphrodite, who was called 'the Cypriote' by Homer. Paphian inscriptions call her the Queen. Pictures of Aphrodite appear on coins of Salamis as well, demonstrating that her cult was of more than local importance. The king of Paphos was high Priest of Aphrodite as well. Other Gods venerated were the Phoenician Anat, Baal, Eshmun, Reshef, Mikal and Melkart and the Egyptian Hathor, Thoeris, Bes and Ptah, as attested by amulets. Animal sacrifices are attested by terracotta-votives. The Sanctuary of Ayia Irini contained over 2000 figurines.

Cyprus was independent since ancient times . Foreign immigrants (including Greeks from greece) settle in the island to take advantage of its location and exploit its rich resources like copper.
michalis5354
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby boomerang » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:40 pm

Byron wrote:
boomerang wrote:
Byron wrote:I dont know the answer to Australia perhaps you can enlighten us with the answer.

I am a fully paid up Cypriot pretty boy...I was born in Cyprus...and that makes me a Cypriot as what my aussie passport indicates, place of birth Cyprus...

Now did you get that you will get a thumbing if you call an aussie, english?

And I bet you wish your passport said, place of birth, greece...because you are greek right... :lol:
boomerang
Main Contributor
Main Contributor

Postby Byron » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:44 pm

boomerang wrote:
Byron wrote:
boomerang wrote:

I am a fully paid up Cypriot pretty boy...I was born in Cyprus...and that makes me a Cypriot as what my aussie passport indicates, place of birth Cyprus...

And I bet you wish your passport said, place of birth, greece...because you are greek right... :lol:

If as you say you are a Cypriot why are you holding an AUSSIE PASSPORT ? Have you renounced your nationality?

On
Don't know what you are talking about ?

And I bet you wish your passport said, place of birth, greece...because you are greek right... :lol:[/quote] .... what are you trying to say ?
Byron
Contributor
Contributor

Postby The Cypriot » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:49 pm

Byron wrote:

Because this Cypriot has got strong powers of persuasion. :wink:
The Cypriot
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby Byron » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:51 pm

The Cypriot wrote:
Byron wrote:

Because this Cypriot has got strong powers of persuasion. :wink:

GOOD LUCK !
Byron
Contributor
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus Problem