The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content

TRNC/KKTC Flag

Do you have any suggestions on how we can improve our forums?

Moderator: Admin

TRNC/KKTC Flag

Postby zan » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:21 am

ADMIN

Please can you explain why there is no option for us to use the TRNC/KKTC flag as an Avatar. If you are going to tell me it is illegal then can you please post the relevant laws that say it is for my information. Please refrain from using association to the TRNC/KKTC being illegal so the flag must be...If you have not seen the post I made of the driving license issue I will be more than happy to tell it again.
Thank you
zan
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Postby Admin » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:03 am

Hello Zan,

The flag is not included in the avatar list because I have chosen not to include symbols that promote division among Cypriots. The symbol of EOKA was turned down for the same reason.

Thank you
Admin
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby zan » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:36 am

Admin wrote:Hello Zan,

The flag is not included in the avatar list because I have chosen not to include symbols that promote division among Cypriots. The symbol of EOKA was turned down for the same reason.

Thank you

I did not ask for the symbol of the TMT. The TRNC/KKTC flag represents the Turkish Cypriots and you are not allowing for their representation. Are there any laws in the "RoC" that prevent the flying of such a flag???This site is registered in the USA...There are no laws there that say the flag cannot be flown there. Perhaps banning me is an option for you as well...I don't exactly promote harmony now do I. I don't think Piratis calling the island a Greek island does either and his position on this forum is official. Your reasons are personal and does not satisfy.
zan
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Postby miltiades » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:09 am

The ROC does not by definition require inverted commas , the usage of which is totally absurd .You may also use inverted commas when referring to the European Union since the ROC is a full member of this Union.If inverted commas are used to promote this ridiculous assumption held by Turkey and some of the T/Cs then they should also use them , inverted commas , in referring to the EU , since if one member is not recognised then the entire association must not.
The flag used by the "TRNC" is not recognised anywhere in the world and the usage of it in Cyprus would be to accept the division of our nation.
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Postby zan » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:17 am

miltiades wrote:The ROC does not by definition require inverted commas , the usage of which is totally absurd .You may also use inverted commas when referring to the European Union since the ROC is a full member of this Union.If inverted commas are used to promote this ridiculous assumption held by Turkey and some of the T/Cs then they should also use them , inverted commas , in referring to the EU , since if one member is not recognised then the entire association must not.
The flag used by the "TRNC" is not recognised anywhere in the world and the usage of it in Cyprus would be to accept the division of our nation.

It is a personal choice and will continue. The acceptance of the fait acompli of the "RoC" by yourself is also promoting division so perhaps a middle ground approach by you would also be in order. I presume you also support squatter laws and will not protest at them occupying your home.....The "RoC" is doing just that but you have no objections...
zan
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Postby Admin » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:40 am

Hello Zan,

I can only repeat what I said earlier. I have chosen not to include symbols that promote division among Cypriots. You asked me why a specific avatar is not included and I believe I gave you a very specific answer.

I am making no claims about legalities or illegalities as this is not my job.

Thank you
Admin
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby phoenix » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:01 pm

Zan is showing extreme insensitivity in making such a request. He is effectively endorsing the ethnic cleansing of the 200,000 Cypriots for whom efforts are in progress to establish conditions for the safe return to their rightful homes.

By recognising such a flag, Zan might as well declare he is not interested in one of the prime purposes of this forum which is to promote exchange of ideas and to find methods for accomplishing the resolution of the Cyprus problem.

Zan can effectively participate in the funnies and generals if he has fulfilled his criteria and met his agenda of recognising such an illegal symbol of the crime the rest of us are trying to bring to justice ....
phoenix
Main Contributor
Main Contributor

Postby halil » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:41 pm

miltiades wrote:The ROC does not by definition require inverted commas , the usage of which is totally absurd .You may also use inverted commas when referring to the European Union since the ROC is a full member of this Union.If inverted commas are used to promote this ridiculous assumption held by Turkey and some of the T/Cs then they should also use them , inverted commas , in referring to the EU , since if one member is not recognised then the entire association must not.

Dear friend miltiades,
for most of the Turkish Cypriots , ROC is only name . Turkish Cypriots believes they only used to part of it before 63. Since 64 Turkish Cypriots had they are own govern system. It is a personal choice between Turkish Cypriots .Some of them doesn't care using its name . Some of them does.As long as no solution we can see this kind of the arguments .
see below envelope .Some people doesn't care to write TRNC and gets true from post office's in this envelope we did get technical report from Finland that they were listening Bayrak International broadcasting from SW. Rest of the people in the world also doesn't care about inverted comas or names.They only cares that GC's and TC's are existing in this little island and they need solutions.
Also they don't care about flags or symbols. You should be tolerated for symbols also .
TRNC flag only shows , this is the sembol of the Turkish Cypriots. Honestly thats what i believe my friend and nothing is wrong with it .It is the only one way that we can show the world TC's are excisting in this island and they can questione.It doesn't mean that we don't want solution.

halil
Main Contributor
Main Contributor

Postby Gabira » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:15 pm

Admin wrote:Hello Zan,

I can only repeat what I said earlier. I have chosen not to include symbols that promote division among Cypriots. You asked me why a specific avatar is not included and I believe I gave you a very specific answer.

I am making no claims about legalities or illegalities as this is not my job.

Thank you

:lol: Hilarious

You had better get rid of the ROC flag too then if you choose not to promote division amongst Cypriots.
Gabira
Contributor
Contributor

Postby miltiades » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:43 pm

halil wrote:

Dear friend miltiades,
for most of the Turkish Cypriots , ROC is only name . Turkish Cypriots believes they only used to part of it before 63. Since 64 Turkish Cypriots had they are own govern system. It is a personal choice between Turkish Cypriots .Some of them doesn't care using its name . Some of them does.As long as no solution we can see this kind of the arguments .
see below envelope .Some people doesn't care to write TRNC and gets true from post office's in this envelope we did get technical report from Finland that they were listening Bayrak International broadcasting from SW. Rest of the people in the world also doesn't care about inverted comas or names.They only cares that GC's and TC's are existing in this little island and they need solutions.
Also they don't care about flags or symbols. You should be tolerated for symbols also .
TRNC flag only shows , this is the sembol of the Turkish Cypriots. Honestly thats what i believe my friend and nothing is wrong with it .It is the only one way that we can show the world TC's are excisting in this island and they can questione.It doesn't mean that we don't want solution.

[url=http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aV1G3z_r][img]http://www.

postimage.org/aV1G3z_r.jpg[/img][/url]

My dear Halil , as you know my views quite well I wont go on and on but suffice to state once again my position that has not deviated one millimeter.
Cyprus belongs to its people the G/Cs , T/Cs Armenians , Maronites etc etc.It does not consist of two , three , four or more states but one only state the nation of Cyprus.The T/Cs are my compatriots and I will never accept that they are anything but Cypriots. There are many grave mistakes committed by the politicians of Cyprus , not least the continuing promotion of Cyprus as a Hellenic state , and the naming of the occupied part as Turkish Republic which indicates that both sides are fatally wrong in their aspirations have met embraced and respected and call my friends many T/Cs including your self but I will never see you as anything other than a T/C my compatriot , whose children and mine are interrelated by the virtue of us being Cypriots.
You also know my views on the display of the Greek flag in Cyprus.
I'm convinced that if the political will was there and if preconceived notions of motherland connections were discarded , or at least put aside , our people can live happily next to each other , just as I see the goodness in the T/Cs so will you and everyone else recognise the goodness in all.
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Next

Return to Suggestions and Feedback