The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content

the illicit antiquities trade through Cyprus

How can we solve it? (keep it civilized)

Re: the illicit antiquities trade through Cyprus

Postby miltiades » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:55 am

samarkeolog wrote:I've been doing some work on smuggling of antiquities through Cyprus (rather than the smuggling of Cypriot antiquities, although I do mention a few examples of it). I'm still working on it, but I've got up a few posts, exploring: the nature of the illicit antiquities trade itself, the movement of artefacts from source through transit to market countries, etc.; the background of the Cypriot deep states that are involved in the trade (though I think that will only help non-Cypriots who don't already know the rezili/rezalet situation everything happens in); the conflicts between the Turkish Army and the PKK, between Turkish Hizbullah and the PKK, between the Kosovo Liberation Army and the PKK and between the Grey Wolves and the PKK; and the illicit antiquities trade through Cyprus, from the expected role of the Grey Wolves and the PKK, to the involvement of the Russian mafia, Lebanese Hizbullah and others.

Obviously, any corrections, comments, etc. are most welcome.

I find this very interesting and well presented . There are many links but are worth following through. There are , as far as I can see , no prejudiced views but an honest effort to present a well balanced historical
study. Will read further .
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Postby Oracle » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:05 am

miltiades wrote:
samarkeolog wrote:I've been doing some work on smuggling of antiquities through Cyprus (rather than the smuggling of Cypriot antiquities, although I do mention a few examples of it). I'm still working on it, but I've got up a few posts, exploring: the nature of the illicit antiquities trade itself, the movement of artefacts from source through transit to market countries, etc.; the background of the Cypriot deep states that are involved in the trade (though I think that will only help non-Cypriots who don't already know the rezili/rezalet situation everything happens in); the conflicts between the Turkish Army and the PKK, between Turkish Hizbullah and the PKK, between the Kosovo Liberation Army and the PKK and between the Grey Wolves and the PKK; and the illicit antiquities trade through Cyprus, from the expected role of the Grey Wolves and the PKK, to the involvement of the Russian mafia, Lebanese Hizbullah and others.

I find this very interesting and well presented . There are many links but are worth following through. There are , as far as I can see , no prejudiced views but an honest effort to present a well balanced historical

Reading should precede concluding.
Oracle
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Postby miltiades » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:25 am

Oracle wrote:
miltiades wrote:

So go on O , READ before shooting from the hips !!!
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Postby Eliko » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:39 am

miltiades NEVER reads, (or if he does cannot understand the content) he just voices the opinions of those that lead him by the nose. :lol: :wink:
Eliko
Main Contributor
Main Contributor

Postby Oracle » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:47 am

miltiades wrote:
Oracle wrote:
miltiades wrote:

If you look on page 1 .... you will see I have read and quoted ... and languished, yesterday evening, watching this thread lie undisturbed; until I couldn't wait any longer and posted my opinion ... formulated after reading the material I commented upon.

I did not announce that I was intending to read it :roll: and especially as you have done, form an opinion indeed, before even reading the material. :roll:
Oracle
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Postby halil » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:25 am

Good job samarkeolog ,
great effort by you ! i was reading your page before you put it here !
halil
Main Contributor
Main Contributor

Postby Oracle » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:31 am

Halil's approval seals my suspicions and everything I said.

Turkish propaganda through and through. :lol:
Oracle
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Postby miltiades » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:38 am

Eliko wrote:miltiades NEVER reads, (or if he does cannot understand the content) he just voices the opinions of those that lead him by the nose. :lol: :wink:

Eliko , I can not take you seriously , is the unaesthetic avatar you use indicative of your cranky ideas ?
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Postby miltiades » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:39 am

Oracle wrote:
miltiades wrote:
Oracle wrote:
miltiades wrote:

If you look on page 1 .... you will see I have read and quoted ... and languished, yesterday evening, watching this thread lie undisturbed; until I couldn't wait any longer and posted my opinion ... formulated after reading the material I commented upon.

I did not announce that I was intending to read it :roll: and especially as you have done, form an opinion indeed, before even reading the material. :roll:

Let me study it a bit more O and will then come to a conclusion.
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Postby halil » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:00 am

Oracle wrote:Halil's approval seals my suspicions and everything I said.

Turkish propaganda through and through. :lol:

it should say ....T..... are ..... than you will be happy mother ! :lol:

by the way a Turkish Cypriot man is after you ? he is asking where about Paphos you are .... He lives in Paphos since 2002 . He says he likes the wowan with anger and hate .... he is a married man ... his wife stays in Paphos too ...
halil
Main Contributor
Main Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus Problem