The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content

The inter-communal apologies thread…

How can we solve it? (keep it civilized)

Postby Get Real! » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:25 pm

It would be a shame to see such an effort get buried in a large irrelevant thread so I created this one… lest we forget! :wink:

BirKibrisli wrote:I would like to personally apologise to all those innocent Cypriot brothers and sisters who who were killed,injured,or otherwise traumatised by the actions of the Turkish Army during the July-August,1974 operations...I feel special empathy and compasson for the innocent children whose lives were turned upside down,their childhood ruined and stolen by the mindless civil war and the subsequent armed Turkish intervention which has turned into a long occupation...for the part the Turkish Cypriots and the Turkish Army played in this sorry saga, I am deeply sorry... :cry: :cry: :cry:

insan wrote:I too repeat what Bir said above and wish all TCs, Turks do the same wholeheartedly...

Besides, I appologize for all the wrongs and mistakes of my ancestors/members of my community had done to people of Cyprus throughout their rule, later during the British rule and afterwards 1960.

halil wrote:Me too .

beside same respect i accept from GC's too.

DTA wrote:Me to.

DT. wrote:Speaking for myself, I would like to personally apologise to all those innocent Cypriot brothers and sisters who who were killed,injured,or otherwise traumatised by the actions of any millitia, fanatics or fascist groups that belonged to my community...I feel special empathy and compasson for the innocent children whose lives were turned upside down,their childhood ruined and stolen by the mindless civil war for the part the Greek Cypriots played in this sorry saga, I am deeply sorry.

Lack of originality but Bir's was good enough for me.

repulsewarrior wrote:cheers guys (and gals if any of you are of this gender)

i too will say the shame i feel: as a Greek, i am ashamed for the compatriots who displayed Ignorance, and who put their personal interests above the qualities we all share as Humans. for them and myself i ask forgiveness from the murdered, disappeared, displaced, and the families who suffered this horror.

thanks Bir, (again). thanks to those who have the courage to stand up and join those who have this courage.

Get Real! wrote:Unkie GR appreciates Bir’s, Insan’s, Halil’s, and DTA’s apologies to our people, and on behalf of myself and my Choirokitian ancestors hereby extend my apologies to all Turkish Cypriots for all the past stupidities and wrongdoings coming from our people.

However, if we can’t agree to a one-person-one-vote system under a modern democracy then in future we should do it properly with an all-out war! :D

denizaksulu wrote:I wish to come back and join it with Bir's sincere apology to all our Cypriot brothers(and sisters) Only those who have been on the forum long enough will appreciate Birs sincerity. Additionally I would like to apologise for the Armenians killed in Cyprus by the fanatic TMT in Kiosklu Chiftlik/Köşklü Çiftlik(December 1963); watching helplessly their lifeless bodies during the gunfights will forever be in my nightmares. Like these people, all innocents RIP.

kafenes wrote:Since TC's have appologised, now myself, as a ROC citizen, promise that in case of a united Cyprus, I will not murder any TCs and consider them as equal citizens. Come on GCs, let's hear your promise.

Paphitis wrote:I also promise.

Malapapa wrote:I apologise for every wrongdoing that's ever been perpetrated in Cyprus on behalf of every Cypriot responsible, and promise not to murder anyone, anywhere, ever in a united Cyprus (if I come over on holiday). Amen.

Keep 'em coming boys & girls...
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Get Real! » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:28 pm

Maybe Admin should make it a sticky... :?
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby wyoming cowboy » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:02 pm

WOW!!!! WOW!!!! where did all this compassion and love come from?? Being a kid and growing up in my village in Kyrenia, i would remember the look of fear in my Tc compatriots whenever Gc's would be around, I would like to apologize for my ethnic group instilling that fear, through illegal paramilitary groups such as eoka B...which we as GC were also terrorized by.
wyoming cowboy
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby Oracle » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:46 pm

What a lot of bad people! :lol:

Personally, I have nothing to apologise for as I was 5 years old when the Turks bombed and Napalmed my village and surrounding GC inhabited areas ...

I just want the Turks, who completed this invasion attempt in 1974, to leave and take any opportunistic colonisers with them.
Oracle
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Postby humanist » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:47 pm

am with Oracles ;)
humanist
Main Contributor
Main Contributor

Postby Piratis » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:56 pm

There is nothing to apologize unless you personally did something wrong (and in that case just an apology might not be enough).

What everybody needs to do is to acknowledge the WHOLE truth about our troubled history without selectively choosing only the bits and pieces that suit his own side.

Most importantly people should not try to use history as an excuse in order to continue today and in the future to commit crimes and human rights violations against innocent people. It is very hypocritical to "apologize" for the suffering caused in the past, and at the same time support the continuation of human rights violations of innocent people today and demand that one side should be made to "pay the price" for everything that happened in the past.

Personally I acknowledge the suffering of the TCs in the past and I condemn the crimes committed against innocent TCs during the conflict.

What I support for the present and the future is the human and democratic rights for all Cypriots without any kind of racist discrimination.
Piratis

Postby humanist » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:26 pm

Piratis
Most importantly people should not try to use history as an excuse in order to continue today and in the future to commit crimes and human rights violations against innocent people. It is very hypocritical to "apologize" for the suffering caused in the past, and at the same time support the continuation of human rights violations of innocent people today and demand that one side should be made to "pay the price" for everything that happened in the past.

Piratis I agree with you, that is very well said. Thank you for reminding us that, Turkey and the TC's are violating the human rights of at 150,000 people.
humanist
Main Contributor
Main Contributor

Postby bill cobbett » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:48 am

Well perhaps those who can't apologise may wish to at least accept that mistakes were made and maybe express regrets for past little incidents, which is what am about to do.....

Can't really apologise cos have always lived at a distance as a sort of Englishman, but can certainly express my regrets, but having said that am still happy to apologise as a sort of member of one of the communities if it's of any value, but as am a sort of pseudo-CY it may not be of worth to some.

One last thing >>>> Where is Deniz???? ....here we are with love and peace breaking out on CF, with many bums in the air, and Deniz buggers off!!!! Always suspected he was a trouble-maker.
bill cobbett
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Location: Embargoed from Kyrenia by Jurkish Army and Genocided (many times) by Thieving, Brain-Washed Lordo

Postby repulsewarrior » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:11 am

YFred has a good excuse, but he should be buttonholed when he get's back.

...lol i'd like to see VP tell us that "Turks" share in this shame, where none are left blameless.

Nationalism has no right to the respect we give to History.
repulsewarrior
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Postby BirKibrisli » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:07 am

I disagree with those who believe they are only responsible for things they have done personally...In national and communal issues everyone is responsible for everything that is done in their name...Otherwise people will get away with murder,as many have done in Cyprus,because of those who remain silent or absolve themselves of any guilt, because they were not involved personally...

Our mind,heart, and conscience are big enough to feel sorry for, or to rejoice in, all that have been done in our name,good and evil...This of course is largely symbolic,but symbols are very important when we are dealing with people and history...
BirKibrisli
Main Contributor
Main Contributor

Next

Return to Cyprus Problem