The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content

New invasion by Turkey!

How can we solve it? (keep it civilized)

Postby Piratis » Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:41 pm

I didn't say anything about "old" and "new" history. I simply said that it is natural and correct that Bulgaria with a big Turkish minority would not present Turks in a bad way in its own textbooks since this could create division among its people. The Bulgarian state needs this unity and historical precision comes, correctly, second. In the case of Greece though not only they can say what they really think but they can also keep some nationalism and exaggerations in their textbooks without any such problems. And since Turks make up over 10% of Bulgaria and they participate in the government that prepares these books, then the nationalism and exaggerations against Greece naturally increase.

I believe what I say here is common sense. The same would/should happen in Cyprus in case of reunification.
Piratis

Postby Main_Source » Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:48 pm

Zan, you keep on typing the crap you learnt in Turkish school yeah lol.

Tell me this though...who started a political movement called 'Cyprus is Turkish' and when? Who helped the British arrest GC freedeom fighters as well as ordinary innoenct GC's? Who killed several innoenct GC in a TC village in 1958, way before intercommunal violance occurred?

By the way, Makarios was not a part of EOKA B and was actually wanted dead by them...also, it was not our God given right to join with Greece but our democratic one, which was taken away from us. You fools still think Turkey invaded to save TC...yest they still wont let you run your own pseudo state.

As for BG Turk! lol...this guy is a first class ARSE! lol He has the nerve to call us nationalist Greeks....but then argues that Greece should vertually be under Ottoman Turkish rule still lol.

Get real you knuckleheads.
Main_Source
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby bg_turk » Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:55 pm

Main_Source wrote:As for BG Turk! lol...this guy is a first class ARSE! lol He has the nerve to call us nationalist Greeks....but then argues that Greece should vertually be under Ottoman Turkish rule still lol.

I have the nerve to call you the most sickeningly nationalistically shauvinistic person I have ever encountered in my entire life, whose only defense is to insult others, and for that reason I do not think your post even deserves an appropriate reply. It is way below my level.
Feel free to insult me. I will be honoured!
bg_turk
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby Main_Source » Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:57 pm

lol...does the truth hurt that bad?
Main_Source
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby Piratis » Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:57 pm

It was Makarios, Grivas,Samson and the murdering EOKA that violated human rights.

How did Makarios violated your human rights? As far as Samson and Grivas goes they have indeed committed crimes. Samson was jailed for this. Grivas died before that. We do not deny our share of blame. However you deny your share, which is 100 times more. In your case we are not talking about events that happened in 1 decade, we are talking about centuries of oppression and three decades of illegal occupation based on ethnic cleansing of the majority of the population from the land they have been living for 3500 years.

So tell us of what really happened and the "balance". So far the only thing you do is to to shout about 1 decade in history forgetting all the much worst crimes you have done in the rest of history before and after that decade.
Start from 1571 (or earlier if you wish) and come until 2005, and lets see your "balanced" history.

Zans history: Some unrelated things happened in Cyprus until 1955 and then ... (follows 50 pages of blaming and accusing the Greek Cypriots)... and in 1974 history ends and everything after that and until the end of the universe is excused because the GCs were so bad in that 1 decade.

Thats how your "balanced" history is?? Erasing the 100 times more and worst crimes that you committed against us, and remembering only that one decade? (in which decade you were not innocent either with your TMT terrorists etc)
Piratis

Postby bg_turk » Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:01 pm

World Press Photo Award of 1964:

Ghaziveram, Cyprus, April 1964. A Turkish woman mourns her dead husband, victim of the Greek-Turkish civil war.
by
Donald McCullin, UK, for The Observer, Quick, Life

McCullin said that he hated carrying cameras, instead preferring to carry a
conscience. He felt guilty that he took pictures with the eyes of a photographer, and not with the concern of a social worker. According to him, his moody, dramatic pictures reflected his pessimistic view that there's not much hope for a better society in the future.

Awards from other years can be found HERE
bg_turk
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby Main_Source » Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:05 pm

As for calling me false names such as 'nationalist', you can carry on doing so if it makes you feel better. If I WAS a nationalist, I would be promoting Alexander the Great's conquering as something positive (which Turks do about the Ottoman invaders), or claiming Greeks created human civilisation or wanting Cyprus rid of TC altogether.

What I DO promote is for all Cypriots to be equal and none to have special treatment over the other.

If you DO want to label me as nationalist to feel comfertable, then carry on doing so...you truly live in a Fools Paradise, as with a lot of the Turks on this website.
Main_Source
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby 2fan » Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:06 pm

2fan
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Main_Source » Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:08 pm

Yeah right...and there are NO photo's showing GC suffering. I find it funny how you have such quick access to photo's unless they were in your favourites folder or something.

BG Turk, you have true racial prejudices againsts Greeks, which make your posts even less credible.
Main_Source
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby Piratis » Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:12 pm

Ghaziveram, Cyprus, April 1964. A Turkish woman mourns her dead husband,

Thats sad. Imagine the Greek Cypriot women who lost many times more relatives. TCs and GCs had about the same casualties (some 100s) during the intercommunal conflict that lasted several years. However during the invasion GCs lost 6000 people in just days.
Piratis

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus Problem