The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content

the solution is to make 2 states

Propose and discuss specific solutions to aspects of the Cyprus Problem

Postby Kifeas » Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:18 pm

Kifeas wrote: If you want more information on this subject, read the TC newspaper “Yeni Duzen” (http://www.yeniduzengazetesi.com) of the 31/12/2005, (I am not sure of the author’s name) in which he explains all the above EVKAF issues in a rather humoristic way, but nevertheless a very informative one.

This is a correction of the above paragraph in my previous posting.
The article in Yeni Duzen was published on the 24 July 2005 and not on the 31/12/2005. Here is the full link of the article.

http://www.yeniduzengazetesi.com/?newsid=6940&category=

This is a quotation from the article.

1960’a gelindiğinde, Kıbrıs Cumhuriyeti kurulurken, kuruluş andlaşması eklerine ilave edilen bir belgede, o zamanki Evkaf Yüksek Konseyi Başkanı Dr. Fazıl Küçük ile toplum lideri Rauf Denktaş’ın, İngiliz Sömürge Yönetimi ile bir anlaşma yaptıkları ve 1.5milyon sterlin karşılığında evkafla ilgili olarak, ne İngiltere ve ne de yeni kurulacak olan devlete karşı herhangi bir iddia ileri sürmemeyi, deruhte ettikleri yazılır. Bu da uluslararası bir andlaşmanın eki olması bakımından, o andlaşmayı imzalayan herkesi bağlayan, bir nitelik kazanır.

and the translation in english.

When the Republic of Cyprus was established in 1960, Denktas and Dr. Kucuk ( who was responsible about Evkaf) made an agreement with British colonial goverment and accepted that they won't claim any right about Evkaf against England or any states which may be established later at the cost of £1.500.000. Since this is an additional agreement to the international constitition of Republic of Cyprus, everyone who signed this agreement has to obey it.
Kifeas
Main Contributor
Main Contributor

Postby Rude Gal » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:59 pm

Kifeas wrote: Rude gal ...how little you know about the Cyprus problem indeed!

PS: can you provite the internet link of Stavrinides book and the quotation of what he says on this subject?

Thanks for your illuminating response - I am always open to new learnings about Cyprus - and look forward to discussing the points you raised with TCs more knowledgable than I.

I'll send you details of Stavrinides book as soon as I have them.

Peace.
Rude Gal

Postby Lala_Mustafa_Pasha » Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:24 am

AusBroker
that is it final
greeks dont want to live with turks
and turks with greeks

case closed
build a large wall
give the tc the north
and the gc can have the south

no border crossing, nothing to do with eachother.... nice and simple

im quite happy to sign a petition
and let us move on please!

:D

Exactly man, jeeez I dont know why there's such a big fuss

I think you took it a bit extreme Aus hehe, we can be civil and engage in mature diplomatic/trade relations for example.

However I totally agree, were incapable of living with each other, you ask a Turk they say oooh the EOKA Terrorists burnt and slaughtered unarmed Turks.

You talk to Greek Cypriots and its oooh those Turk barbarians, comming over with their army and fighting.

Blah, blah, blah like a bunch of old woman we sit bickering.

Well its clear as Aus said, we have a Country in the North you have a country in the South.

Aus
in the end is all crap. we cant live together....
so as i said the solution is simple.let em have what they have and let us keep what we have.

coming from a gc refugee family, i dont see what the big deal is about the gcs getting there home and land back
my dad has a house and land, and he says let em keep it, its just rubbish anyway.

its true. in my opinion the south side has been turned into an awesome place, with great clubs cafes and shops and a great lifestyle....
what does the north have? jack shit, so why would we want to mix for?

Exactly, I mean you all love the South so keep it as it is.

Believe me, you wont like to see groups of TURKS :D walking about now will you and be honest. All your hard work, bars, clubs, tourist resorts will be run by TURKS, we have a tendancy to move into places and just spread un-controllably, have huge families with strict codes and just cluster and spread and spread and then mainland Turks and Turks from Azerbaycan and Central Asia will think hey, look Cyprus is now a place Turks and Greeks can live together and go and migrate there. :lol:

Do you want this and be honest.

What is the alternative? North Cyprus is Turkish, South is Greek, what do you intend to do, try and remove all Turks from the Island again and prompt another war and have to start all over again.

Turks arnt going anywhere neither are Greeks, WE SHOULD GET USED TO IT, remember the more you claim the whole of Cyprus the more Turks will do exactly the same please realise this and be open-minded.

Well said Aus, at least your honest and I respect that in a man, South Cyprus is yours ENJOY IT, lifes to short.
Lala_Mustafa_Pasha

Postby Iran Forever » Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:06 am

[quote="Lala_Mustafa_Pasha"][quote]AusBroker
that is it final
greeks dont want to live with turks
and turks with greeks

case closed
build a large wall
give the tc the north
and the gc can have the south

no border crossing, nothing to do with eachother.... nice and simple

im quite happy to sign a petition
and let us move on please![/quote]

:D

Exactly man, jeeez I dont know why there's such a big fuss

I think you took it a bit extreme Aus hehe, we can be civil and engage in mature diplomatic/trade relations for example.

However I totally agree, were incapable of living with each other, you ask a Turk they say oooh the EOKA Terrorists burnt and slaughtered unarmed Turks.

You talk to Greek Cypriots and its oooh those Turk barbarians, comming over with their army and fighting.

Blah, blah, blah like a bunch of old woman we sit bickering.

Well its clear as Aus said, we have a Country in the North you have a country in the South.

[quote]Aus
in the end is all crap. we cant live together....
so as i said the solution is simple.let em have what they have and let us keep what we have.

coming from a gc refugee family, i dont see what the big deal is about the gcs getting there home and land back
my dad has a house and land, and he says let em keep it, its just rubbish anyway.

its true. in my opinion the south side has been turned into an awesome place, with great clubs cafes and shops and a great lifestyle....
what does the north have? jack shit, so why would we want to mix for?[/quote]

Exactly, I mean you all love the South so keep it as it is.

Believe me, you wont like to see groups of TURKS :D walking about now will you and be honest. All your hard work, bars, clubs, tourist resorts will be run by TURKS, we have a tendancy to move into places and just spread un-controllably, have huge families with strict codes and just cluster and spread and spread and then mainland Turks and Turks from Azerbaycan and Central Asia will think hey, look Cyprus is now a place Turks and Greeks can live together and go and migrate there. :lol:

Do you want this and be honest.

What is the alternative? North Cyprus is Turkish, South is Greek, what do you intend to do, try and remove all Turks from the Island again and prompt another war and have to start all over again.

Turks arnt going anywhere neither are Greeks, WE SHOULD GET USED TO IT, remember the more you claim the whole of Cyprus the more Turks will do exactly the same please realise this and be open-minded.

Well said Aus, at least your honest and I respect that in a man, South Cyprus is yours ENJOY IT, lifes to short.[/quote]

Correction, Lala, Kibris Rumdur, Rum Kalacak.
Iran Forever

Postby sajica58 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:27 pm

Too small to have 2 states?
read your history books! at one time there were 7 kingdoms in cyprus!!!
sajica58

Postby Piratis » Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:03 pm

sajica58 wrote:Too small to have 2 states?
read your history books! at one time there were 7 kingdoms in cyprus!!!

So in how many parts should we brake England or Turkey then? If Cyprus is big enough for 7 states then England should be big enough for 77 and Turkey for 777.
Piratis

Postby sajica58 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:30 am

piratis,
Why get so defensive?
Did i say that cyprus is big enough for 7 states? i mentioned a fact of history that there were once 7 kingdoms in cyprus.
Any way , although England is a country , it is part of a greater entity called ,The united kingom .Made up of scotland, wales,northern ireland and england.Also the isle of man and the channel islands (guernsey,jersey and sark) All of which have their own sense of national identity.
not quite the 77 you suggested but i think you get my drift,,,
sajica58

Postby Piratis » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:59 am

Any way , although England is a country , it is part of a greater entity called ,The united kingom .Made up of scotland, wales,northern ireland and england.Also the isle of man and the channel islands (guernsey,jersey and sark) All of which have their own sense of national identity.
not quite the 77 you suggested but i think you get my drift,,,

Scots own Scotland, and the Welsh own Wales, they didn't steal their land from the English, did they?
In contrast TCs do not own any separate part of Cyprus. Greek Cypriots are the majority in all parts. Turkey has illegally ethnically cleansed the majority of the population from northern part of Republic of Cyprus in order to create their pseudo puppet state.

So don't confuse Scotland and Wales with the illegal puppet state of Turkey in Cyprus that was created by means of invasion on a sovereign country (Republic of Cyprus) and the ethnic cleansing of the majority of the population and it is illegally maintained only by means of brute force by the illegal Turkish occupation force.
Piratis

Postby sajica58 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:36 pm

[Scots own Scotland, and the Welsh own Wales, they didn't steal their land from the English, did they? quote]

piratis,

scots don't own scotland and the welsh dont own wales,
they are governed by parliament which is in london ENGLAND!

We are all living on the bones of someone elses ancestors
Read your history books, there are no pure races anymore.
Cyprus is probably the biggest melting pot in the world
Arabs,assyrians, persians egyptians, babylonians,venitians, romans
greeks , geeks, turks, burks you name it they all had a piece of this beautiful little diamond in the med. So don't go all high and mighty about who you are......

[/quote]
sajica58

ausbroker i dont know where you are from mate

Postby my_cyprus » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:50 pm

but the simple truth is that Cyprus people like to live together you seem to be speaking for those fuckers who are called traitors who commit treason daily by brainwashing the youth of Cyprus regardless what language they speak to wave Greek and Turkish flags what we need to do is simply break off all links to so called mother land make a few simple changes and become an independent self determining island without armies without minority complex and majority complex......... we have been slaves for the past seven thousand years to so called empires of the past we do not have an identity and here's you shouting your mouth off that don't help the situation try to promote some kind of vision into the problem try and inspire those around you to be proud to be a Cypriot instead of classing yourself as Turkish and Greek by the simple fact of using such words are Turkish or Greek you divide us up we have nothing to do with those countries our only association with them is the language we speak if your not satisfied with these answer then you better go to Brazil and tell nearly 200 million people they are portoghese because that's the language they speak or go to south America and tell 250 million people they are Spanish because they speak the language
my_cyprus

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus Problem Solution Proposals