The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content

VIEW

How can we solve it? (keep it civilized)

VIEW

Postby Ghandi » Sat May 12, 2007 4:24 pm

i have been doing some reasearch and am coming to an opinion on the Problem in Cyprus.

In about 1960 some GC started beleiving in Enosis.This led to some TC being treated as second rate.This gradually got worse and there were problems or fights that were created by both sides.In 1974 at its peak there was genocide and the CT were in grave danger.Turkey came and stopped this murder.They may have done crimes of there own.

The TC HAVE LIVED on what is GREEk land and vise versa the TC got the better half of the Island and to much land compare to their population.The GC is not happy although they are a big part of why the land is occupied.

The CT now wants to live ther life and sell land to the English even if its not theres.This has effected the Integrity of a peacful existence.There are also financial reasons as to why they do this

I
Ghandi

Postby RichardB » Sat May 12, 2007 4:26 pm

Genius pure genius!!!
RichardB
Main Contributor
Main Contributor

Postby pitsilos » Sat May 12, 2007 4:30 pm

In 1974 at its peak there was genocide

curry boy, your private dick abilities never cease to amaze me...
Last edited by pitsilos on Sat May 12, 2007 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pitsilos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby kafenes » Sat May 12, 2007 4:32 pm

Ghandi, onoma je prama.
kafenes
Main Contributor
Main Contributor

Re: VIEW

Postby Get Real! » Sat May 12, 2007 5:12 pm

Ghandi wrote:i have been doing some reasearch and am coming to an opinion on the Problem in Cyprus.

I have a different theory...

Cyprus is actually Atlantis which sunk killing all the indigenous people before anyone could find out anything about them and the island re-emerged sometime in the 1500s.

Turkey and Greece then saw the opportunity and rushed to claim the new island so they jumped in their boats and headed for what was now called "Cyprus".

The Greeks used speed boats so got there first and built a church whereas the Turks used rowing boats so were late by a few years but managed to build a mosque although a little late.

The Greeks got angry so they killed off all the Turks and then the Turks got angry so they killed off all the Greeks.

So there you go... the Cyprus problem all wrapped up in a paragraph!
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Sarcasim is the lowest form of wit

Postby Ghandi » Sun May 13, 2007 1:08 pm

So is my view way off the mark ?

If so could someone give me some different arguements and reasons instead of silly comments.

I have tried to take into account what i have read and heard from both sides.Can someone give me a short summary of what the problem is and how it started.

At the moment i think that the GC have been a big reason as to why the land is occupied or became occupied and the CT are a big reason why there has not be a solution in the past 30 years.
Ghandi

Re: Sarcasim is the lowest form of wit

Postby DT. » Sun May 13, 2007 1:23 pm

Ghandi wrote:So is my view way off the mark ?

If so could someone give me some different arguements and reasons instead of silly comments.

I have tried to take into account what i have read and heard from both sides.Can someone give me a short summary of what the problem is and how it started.

At the moment i think that the GC have been a big reason as to why the land is occupied or became occupied and the CT are a big reason why there has not be a solution in the past 30 years.

the problem with solving the cyprus issue is two-fold. One is demographic and the other is political.

1) Demographic. In Cyprus you will find the following people 1)Greek Greeks, 2)Greek cypriots, 3)greek Cypriots and 4)Cypriot Cypriots. The same on the turkish side.
2)Political: x)We want land they want government. y)They took the land and don't want to give it back and z)we are 80% of the population and don't seem to want to split power.

Depending on which end of the scale you are on point No1 will define how flexible you are on point No 2.

So

the variables are 1.2.3.4 x,y,z

Can someone put the math formula together that will solve this problem?

Voila.
DT.
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Postby Piratis » Sun May 13, 2007 2:26 pm

So is my view way off the mark ?

There are two things: 1) Historical facts and 2) Interpretation of those facts and your opinion about them.

Some of your basic facts are wrong. for example you say "In about 1960 some GC started beleiving in Enosis." This totally wrong. A whole straggle against the British and colonialism and for the union of Cyprus with Greece happened from 1955 until 1959. Before that there was a referendum where the 96% of Greek Cypriots voted for Enosis. Even before that (since the 1930s I believe) there were demonstrations of GCs against the British demanding enosis. However the first time GCs tried to revolt for an independent Greek state was at the same time the rest of Greeks did:

During the Greek War of Independence in 1821, the Ottoman authorities feared that Greek Cypriots would rebel again. Archbishop Kyprianos, a powerful leader who worked to improve the education of Greek Cypriot children, was accused of plotting against the government. Kyprianos, his bishops, and hundreds of priests and important laymen were arrested and summarily hanged or decapitated on July 9, 1821.

Another thing you said that is totally wrong is this: "In 1974 at its peak there was genocide and the CT were in grave danger.Turkey came and stopped this murder."

In 1974 there was a coup. No Turkish Cypriot was touched by the coupists. The coupists were fighting against the government, not against TCs. However Turkey found that as an excuse to invade Cyprus and in their invasion they killed 6000 Greek Cypriots. After the Turkish invasion had started some GCs retaliated by killing a total of about 200 Turkish Cypriots in 3-4 villages. You can confirm this by going into one of the several Turkish propaganda sites that list online each end every casualty TCs had. You will see that the TC casualties in 1974 are long after 20th of July that the Turkish invasion had started.
Piratis

Postby cypezokyli » Sun May 13, 2007 3:07 pm

Ghandi wrote:i have been doing some reasearch and am coming to an opinion on the Problem in Cyprus.

i almost disagree with every sentence you wrote :P

so let me start with this : what did your research include ?

thanks
cypezokyli
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby Kifeas » Sun May 13, 2007 3:27 pm

Ghandi wrote: In 1974 at its peak there was genocide and the CT were in grave danger.Turkey came and stopped this murder.They may have done crimes of there own.

Ghandi, how about this other story that I have researched my self and I came to an opinion, namely that Ghanti was a traitor that sided with the British in order to annihilate the people of India so that the country will remain a British colony for ever?

Don’t you like my “research” and my “opinion?” I have made it while defecating in the toilet room of my house, pretty much in the same way that you most likely have made your own "research" and formed your own "opinion," as above!
Kifeas
Main Contributor
Main Contributor

Next

Return to Cyprus Problem