The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content

Kill Turks

How can we solve it? (keep it civilized)

Postby CopperLine » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:25 pm

Kifeas,
I forgot to add : yur last post seemd to suggest that insofar as you were making estimates if not to say calculations of population growth rates (normally a task which challenges the combined efforts of the finest university departments and the collective resources of the UN Population Programme) in the absence of current census figures, then we might reasonably conclude that you are in fact the source of your population figures - at least for the present day. Tell me I'm wrong on that.
CopperLine
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby Kikapu » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:30 pm

CopperLine,

I need to ask you a direct question.

Were you by any chance the legal adviser to Bill Clinton during his Impeachment times. If you remember, Clinton used the phrase what the definition of "is" is. Then he said, "I did not have sex with that woman, Miss Lewinsky", then turns out, she gave him a "blow job", in which Clinton said " I was not having sex with her, instead she was having sex with me". His logic being of course was, she was doing it to him, therefore it was her who was having sex with him. (I'm innocent your honour). Then later on, it was the cigar that was having sex with Lewinsky, since it was the cigar that was put inside her and not any parts from Clinton. Foreplay was not considered sex either ....That man could weasel out of anything. No wonder he was called the "Teflon Man" because what ever was thrown at him, nothing stuck.

The reason I ask is, you are using similar explanations to various questions to the Cyprus issues. For example, the definitions of Military Occupation,...... definition of Guarantor Powers,... what is a reliable census account, ......was it more reliable back in 1960, 1974, or 2004. Don't you think people knew how to count in those "medieval" times of the 1960's. Ever since I was a kid, and later in life, we TC's always accepted our population to be 4:1 ratio to the GC's in the 60's. Damn it CL, man went to the Moon in the late 60's, so stands the reason, we were able to count also.

I was very impressed with you when you first came on to the Forum, but you have slowly but surely have lost some credibility with me. So much that, I even made you one of us...a Cypriot in my recent post.

http://www.cyprus-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=13198

I did not attach a ethnicity on you yet, but I'm sure it will be coming soon.
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Postby paliometoxo » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:33 pm

when i was going into town where the turkish flags are where the turks can stand and look over into the south... one day i was going along and there was two turkish boys screaming abuse at two people who seemed to be speaking in turkish or arabic these kids looked about 16/17 yrs old
paliometoxo
Main Contributor
Main Contributor

Postby Kifeas » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:33 pm

CopperLine wrote:Kifeas,
It is a really simple question : what is the source of your figures and do they cover the period up to 2007 ?

I'm not insinuating anything. I'm not taking the 'TC' figures as true. I'm just asking what the source is.

When people say "it's common knowledge' or "everyone knows X" it usually means that it's nothing of the sort and it's 'knowledge' that can't be corroborated.

If you haven't got a source, fine, no problem. You did have a source for the land claim, you said it was the RoC Land Registry. Fine, excellent. All I'm asking is for the source of the population figures.

CopperLine, I can provide you the sources of the RoC censuses, including those before 1960 (since 1900!) For the north, there are "TRNC" websites that published the results of the last couple of censuses, which indicated that the de facto population in the north is some 264,000, if I am not mistaken. The sources of my numbers regarding how many are indigenous or legitimate TCs (135,000) out of those 264,000, are actually from the most optimizing ones from those of TC private annalists and journalists! Unfortunately, I do not have them at hand at this moment! It will take me time! There are some TC sources that put them down to even below 100,000! The official RoC sources claim that they may even be as low as 80,000, but I personally do not accept these figures, as i believe they are done deliberately, due to the fact that the "TRNc authorities" do not allow international monitoring and the conducting of the census on the basis of who is a TC and who is a settler!
Kifeas
Main Contributor
Main Contributor

Postby Kifeas » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:40 pm

I forgot to add : yur last post seemd to suggest that insofar as you were making estimates if not to say calculations of population growth rates (normally a task which challenges the combined efforts of the finest university departments and the collective resources of the UN Population Programme) in the absence of current census figures, then we might reasonably conclude that you are in fact the source of your population figures - at least for the present day. Tell me I'm wrong on that.

Whatever ...copperLine! :lol:

You are wrong, but I do not care convincing you!

Here is a source for you:
http://www.virtualict.com/~erpicorg/ima ... 0Draft.doc

Here is another one for you:
http://www.mof.gov.cy/mof/cystat/statis ... penElement

print pages 27-35 and study them!

You can purchase one here, from PACE (CoE) if you wish!
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_g ... i_n7196893

A recap of the above report, without paying!
http://assembly.coe.int/Documents/Worki ... OC9799.htm

another one for you:
http://www.moi.gov.cy/moi/pio/pio.nsf/A ... penElement
Last edited by Kifeas on Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kifeas
Main Contributor
Main Contributor

Postby CopperLine » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:06 pm

Kifeas,
Many thanks, that's all I was asking for (although on the basis of asking for sources on population statistics it now provokes in another in this forum the question as to whether I was Bill Clinton's advisor !!! This is just bizarre)

Anyway, thanks. I'll have a good look at the sources.
CopperLine
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby CopperLine » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:11 pm

Kikapu,
I thought your report was brilliant, and I feel honoured to have been named. Someone already mentioned it, but the ability to carciature and include the different forum posters was both funny and accurate. But I'm at a loss as to how you leap the Bill Clinton bit !
CopperLine
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby Kifeas » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:14 pm

Many thanks, that's all I was asking for (although on the basis of asking for sources on population statistics it now provokes in another in this forum the question as to whether I was Bill Clinton's advisor !!! This is just bizarre)

Anyway, thanks. I'll have a good look at the sources.

Another one, from the CoE, based onthe above Cuco report!
http://assembly.coe.int/Main.asp?link=/ ... EC1197.htm

Another one from the CoE, based on the above Laakso report!
http://www.moi.gov.cy/moi/pio/pio.nsf/A ... 08%20(2003).doc?OpenElement
Kifeas
Main Contributor
Main Contributor

Postby Kikapu » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:31 pm

CopperLine wrote:Kikapu,
I thought your report was brilliant, and I feel honoured to have been named. Someone already mentioned it, but the ability to carciature and include the different forum posters was both funny and accurate. But I'm at a loss as to how you leap the Bill Clinton bit !

CopperLine,

Stop trying to get on my good side with all your wonderful compliments CopperLine ...(don't stop)... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I meant what I said by listing you with all the smart ones in that report, so try not to let me down. :lol:

Bill Clinton part has to do with your constant attempts to define and then re define what a word or a phrase means or does not mean, what ever the case may be..

I think you may have spent too much time in court rooms. :wink: :wink:
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Postby Viewpoint » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:36 pm

Like we believe anything the "RoC" produces, and feeds the EU..come on you inflated the figures to suit your goals, do they include 40.000 Pontians?

Have you made allowances for the land stolen from TCs during the 1930s 40s 50s?????
Viewpoint
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus Problem