The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content

redeem yourself here...

How can we solve it? (keep it civilized)

redeem yourself here...

Postby repulsewarrior » Sat May 10, 2008 5:14 am

i am opening this thread with the hope that it will be made a sticky by the administration of the forum.

this is the place where we can make our restitution for speaking too harshly or unthinkingly, and it is a place to vent when this behaviour gets to you. i hope it will get used as an arena, when forum members are challenged to meet here and to argue for their credibility, when they call a person a murderer, a racist, a traitor, etc.

i am a man who believes one is greater when they suffer their own humility. i am not afraid to say, i am sorry, because i learned from my mistakes and i govern my life accordingly; to be giving and to stay calm. I have failed my self rarely, and the one time that the admin removed my post i was sorry because it was a fine insult; point being there are limits, and we have no place to reflect on our own behaviour when it goes 'too far'.

look at your own writings. there must be something where you learned something, that in you, you had to improve, or deny bettering yourself.
...tell us.

and when you are insulted, or brought into intimidation: challenge the author to meet here, to bat it out so that the forum can make their own evaluation of your personal dilemas, without encumbering threads with more malaise.
...be for non-violence, act (and express yourself) accordingly, here, and make a bigger statement.

most of all i hope that it will provide for us a venue which shows us beyond the bitterness, the courage we have within ourselves to overcome our fears, there is our compassion, and the desire to have Grace. otherwise i have popcorn, and if anyone does use the thread, for other reasons more base, it will be ready.
repulsewarrior
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Re: redeem yourself here...

Postby BirKibrisli » Sat May 10, 2008 2:14 pm

repulsewarrior wrote:i am opening this thread with the hope that it will be made a sticky by the administration of the forum.

this is the place where we can make our restitution for speaking too harshly or unthinkingly, and it is a place to vent when this behaviour gets to you. i hope it will get used as an arena, when forum members are challenged to meet here and to argue for their credibility, when they call a person a murderer, a racist, a traitor, etc.

i am a man who believes one is greater when they suffer their own humility. i am not afraid to say, i am sorry, because i learned from my mistakes and i govern my life accordingly; to be giving and to stay calm. I have failed my self rarely, and the one time that the admin removed my post i was sorry because it was a fine insult; point being there are limits, and we have no place to reflect on our own behaviour when it goes 'too far'.

look at your own writings. there must be something where you learned something, that in you, you had to improve, or deny bettering yourself.
...tell us.

and when you are insulted, or brought into intimidation: challenge the author to meet here, to bat it out so that the forum can make their own evaluation of your personal dilemas, without encumbering threads with more malaise.
...be for non-violence, act (and express yourself) accordingly, here, and make a bigger statement.

most of all i hope that it will provide for us a venue which shows us beyond the bitterness, the courage we have within ourselves to overcome our fears, there is our compassion, and the desire to have Grace. otherwise i have popcorn, and if anyone does use the thread, for other reasons more base, it will be ready.

:lol: :lol:

Popcorn???? dear RW...Is it some quaint Canadian custom,to shower people you are annoyed with with popcorn????

Don't hold your breath waiting for people to rush to redeem themselves...

People who are ready to redeem themselves rarely have the need to do so... :( :( :(
BirKibrisli
Main Contributor
Main Contributor

Postby repulsewarrior » Sat May 10, 2008 6:05 pm

...no, actually I thought popcorn is an Ozzie preferance like depurple, for eating, he's always making popcorn. on the other hand like GR, who enjoy a long match most creatively, they might make their own joyful expressions during the game by throwing it, as well as eating it, with finesse... and since popcorn are not stones, this might be a good idea too.

no one will use this place, i know, ...but I do what has to be done, i don't need accolades to do the right thing and i/I choose to confront my fears.

thanks bir for stopping by...
of all the posts you find this one
and are the first to add your post.

:lol:
repulsewarrior
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Postby umit07 » Sat May 10, 2008 8:46 pm

Don't let it get to you RW, most people don't remember what they posted a few hours back. A lot of hot air going around. Especially with GR and Bafidi today, I guess they had a lot of fasulye ! GR could probably fill a gas canister with every fart he lets go today.
umit07
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby Get Real! » Sat May 10, 2008 11:34 pm

umit07 wrote:Don't let it get to you RW, most people don't remember what they posted a few hours back. A lot of hot air going around. Especially with GR and Bafidi today, I guess they had a lot of fasulye ! GR could probably fill a gas canister with every fart he lets go today.

Umit, I’ll explain to you the difference between HOT AIR and factual statements by example:

First we’ll start with Umit’s HOT AIR:

"The TAF, with a combined troop strength of 1,054,750 soldiers[3], is the second largest standing force in the NATO (after the United States)."

…and now GR’s fact:

…and finally, Unit emits even more HOT AIR:

GR that number is probably the number of profesional soldiers, what about the ones doing there military service which is at least a few hundred thousand since near 700,000 men reach military service age every year. They used the nonprofesional soliders in Iraq and in Cyprus in 74. THat means in a case of war you would be facing a armed force of a million even before the issuing a call of conscription.

If I can fill a gas canister Umit, then you must definitely make the GoodYear airship explode! :lol:
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Oracle » Sun May 11, 2008 6:28 am

I don't see words as anything more than fleeting indicators of thoughts and ideas. It's the way to exercise the thoughts and ideas to make them healthy and fit before they turn into beliefs. Also a way to air and refresh long-held beliefs to see if they have stood the test of time.

Like exercise, there is no pain without gain and so long as we are only wounded by words, they would surely have helped us grow stronger and "wiser". Like bitter medicine they might do some good; but if they are not helping you should stop taking the medicine and find an alternative.

Of course the pharmacist can help with dishing out different ones, with fewer side-effects .......

Enough.
Oracle
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Return to Cyprus Problem