The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content

GC prisoners of war were killed with a sword bayonet

How can we solve it? (keep it civilized)

GC prisoners of war were killed with a sword bayonet

Postby Lit » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:15 pm

A Turkish Cypriot response to Turkish paper allegations that the Greek Cypriot prisoners of war were executed by Turkish Cypriots

Turkish Cypriot daily Afrika newspaper (31.08.09) in its front page and under the title “The prisoners of war were killed with a sword bayonet” reports on a testimony which a Turkish Cypriot gave to the reporter of the paper Ali Osman regarding the assassinations of Greek Cypriot prisoners of war by Turkish soldiers on the beach were the Turkish troops landed during 1974. The paper writes that the person who gave the testimony was a fighter witness of the events which took place during that day and adds that he narrated the events to the paper on condition of unanimity and his picture to be taken from the back. The paper also reports that the unknown person spoke to the paper as a response to the reports published the previous weeks in Turkish newspapers which allege that the Greek Cypriots who were killed during the period of the war in Cyprus were killed mostly by Turkish Cypriots.

The witness explained to Ali Osman that during the period of 1974 when the Turkish invasion started he was on duty in Milia division. The commanders of their division were from Turkey and their names were Mehmet Ali Aydinoz and Terzi Yusuf. The Turkish Cypriot witness said also that the prisoners of war who were approximately 40 persons in each bus were taken into eight buses. Together with the prisoners of war, into the buses there were the driver, one policeman and one fighter. He then said that the prisoners of war were taken to the beach were the Turkish troops landed and that a vessel came there so that it would take the prisoners of war and carry them to Turkey.

He then explained that after the Greek Cypriot prisoners of war were embarked on the vessels, the Turkish soldiers killed them not with bullets but with sword bayonets. “The water of the sea became red”, he said adding that afterwards they entered into a bus and returned to their divisions since they handed over the prisoners of war.

Regarding those who were killed, he said that from what they heard, they were thrown to a place near the Mare Monte hotel. He also explained that this bloodshed took place at the end of August, or at the beginning of September…..
(AK)
Lit
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby Lit » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:29 pm

http://www.cyprusweekly.com.cy/main/92, ... 2555-.aspx

New mass execution revealed

NICOSIA - Another mass execution of Greek Cypriot POWs by the Turkish army comes to light 35 years after it took place during the Turkish invasion of the island in 1974.

The Turkish Cypriot daily “Afrika” quotes an eye witness, who kept his anonymity, that eight busloads of POWs were bayoneted and hacked to death as they waited to be shipped to Turkey.

The massacre took place towards the end of August 1974 when about 320 Greek Cypriot POWs were driven in buses to the Kyrenia coast to board a ship for their transport to Turkey.

According to the eye witness, as they waited new Turkish recruitments that had just landed attacked them and killed them all using their fixed bayonets or knives.

The eyewitness said the massacred Greek Cypriot may have been buried near the Mare Monte Hotel, not far from where they were killed.
Lit
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby Dr J » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:37 pm

All hail the Turkish Peace Operation
Dr J
Contributor
Contributor

Postby DT. » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:45 pm

320 People?

If nothing is done about this report either,
If this govt does not hire out the entire human rights legal team from Clifford Chance and drag Turkeys ass through every court and every newspaper and Cable news channel then we deserve what we get.

If this report of slaughtering 320 POW's with bayonnets is brushed under the carpet then he shouldn't be surprised if he sees

χριστοφια προδοτη καταδοτη

written on the Presidential Palace wall.
DT.
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Postby Paphitis » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:07 pm

DT. wrote:320 People?

If this govt does not hire out the entire human rights legal team from Clifford Chance and drag Turkeys ass through every court and every newspaper and Cable news channel then we deserve what we get.

If this report of slaughtering 320 POW's with bayonnets is brushed under the carpet then he shouldn't be surprised if he sees

Sadly DT, the RoC Government will just let Turkey get away with every War Crime and Human Rights abuse on he island. They seem to think that this will assist them in solving the Cyprus Problem, and that Turkey would be more flexible. Well , they now have egg on their faces because the rhetoric from the "trnc" is getting stronger and stronger. They will not compromise on any issue which jeopardises Turkey's interests in Cyprus... :roll:

Sorry, but sometimes I think your politicians are a joke.... :roll:
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Postby DT. » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:16 pm

Paphitis wrote:

Sadly DT, the RoC Government will just let Turkey get away with every War Crime and Human Rights abuse on he island. They seem to think that this will assist them in solving the Cyprus Problem, and that Turkey would be more flexible. Well , they now have egg on their faces because the rhetoric from the "trnc" is getting stronger and stronger. They will not compromise on any issue which jeopardises Turkey's interests in Cyprus... :roll:

Paphiti, make up your mind. Are you Ozzie or Cypriot. It can't be MY island and YOUR politicians.

Anyway I agree, OUR politicians are a joke.
DT.
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Postby Get Real! » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:18 pm

DT. wrote:Paphiti, make up your mind. Are you Ozzie or Cypriot. It can't be MY island and YOUR politicians.

He feels more secure sitting on the fence... :lol:
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Paphitis » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:21 pm

DT. wrote:
Paphitis wrote:

Paphiti, make up your mind. Are you Ozzie or Cypriot. It can't be MY island and YOUR politicians.

They are your politicians because they represent you as a person that permanently lives in Cyprus.

They do not represent me because I don't live in Cyprus and am not even allowed to vote, despite being a citizen...And the most sickening injustice is that if there is a future referendum, some 200,000 illegal Turkish Settlers will have the right to determine the island's future, whilst RoC citizens living abroad, some as an after effect of the invasion, don't have this right.

The mind boggles when there are RoC citizens who were part of the CNG defending Cyprus, and were captured and also taken by bus to Kyrenia to board a Turkish vessel for Adana, are not even allowed to vote. These people could have easily had the same fate as the other 320 GCs who were slaughtered, but didn't out of sheer luck...:roll:

There is something so wrong about your politicians DT. Personally, I wouldn't spit on them if they were on fire...:(

So much for diekditiki politiki DT!
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Postby RAFAELLA » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:44 pm

Turkish history repeats itself... turks did what they know best...no wonder why the Tr flag is red - coloured from the blood of their victims.
I don't blame them though, it's in their DNA.

I do not trust Christofias.
I won't be surprised if he says once again that for the sake of the talks we shouldn't take any action. Rubbish!

The crimes Tr committed against Gc pow's and Gcs in general should be known around the world. As DT said we should drag Turkeys ass through every court now.
The CyR should come in contact with the witness and take the appropriate measures to sue Tr.
RAFAELLA
Contributor
Contributor

Postby wallace » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:54 pm

Paphitis said:

They are your politicians because they represent you as a person that permanently lives in Cyprus.

They do not represent me because I don't live in Cyprus and am not even allowed to vote, despite being a citizen

How do you mean you're not allowed to vote? Do you have a Cypriot passport?
wallace
Contributor
Contributor

Next

Return to Cyprus Problem