The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content

Cyprus Rally March

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Postby Main_Source » Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:10 pm

I bet if it were Pakistani Muslims, the police would have bent over backward to let them march wherever they wanted.
Main_Source
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby demetriou_74 » Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:23 am

Main_Source wrote:I bet if it were Pakistani Muslims, the police would have bent over backward to let them march wherever they wanted.

sadly because of this politically corret nation we live in you are right. if we had said it was a pro-muslim peace march we would of had the police serving us drinks while we were walking.
demetriou_74
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby cannedmoose » Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:32 am

Unfortunately I agree that this would also have been the case. Although I reject any accusations of racism on this issue as it's all too easy to accuse, I think that political correctness in the UK has reached an extreme, where it became impossible to criticise the minority of radical muslim leaders preaching hate in their mosques for fear of being labelled a racist. The extent of PC became clear when Abbu Hamza (the radical cleric with a hook instead of a hand) was still allowed to preach his messages of hate in the street when he was kicked out of his mosque by his own community. Having once lived in Luton and seen groups like Al-Mahajaroun (not sure on spelling there) preaching in the street and recruiting members for the fight in Afghanistan, also having known that as a white man I could not safely enter a section of the town because of the number of extremists known to be living there, that's when it hit me that maybe we'd lost the balance on this issue. I'm certainly not advocating a wholesale clamp down on muslims, because 99% want nothing to do with these people, but in the case of the extreme elements who preach hate against this country and encourage their followers to go to Pakistan for 'religious training', it's those that hand-in-hand with mainstream muslim society we need to flush out and expose for the charlatans that they are.
cannedmoose
Main Contributor
Main Contributor

Postby demetriou_74 » Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:35 am

just making a new thread so this one does not go off topic.
demetriou_74
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby 2fan » Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:05 am

demetriou_74 wrote:let me set the record straight.

the thing thing that annoyed me was that GREEK CYPRIOTS could fill up southgate when GREECE won the Euro 2004 and they are not from Greece. But when it comes to the march they can only turn out 100 people and it is related to their own country, CYPRUS.

Perhaps this is an indication of how the Greek population as opposed to Greek politicians feel about the subject. You guys just don't seem to get it!!!!! Get rid of all dinosaur politicians be they Greek or Turk and 75% of our problems would go away. We need new, progressive leaders.
2fan
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Gonch » Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:13 am

new leaders who bow down to Texas' no.1 George W Bush?
Gonch

Postby 2fan » Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:26 am

Gonch wrote:new leaders who bow down to Texas' no.1 George W Bush?

You crack me up with your cheap shot!
Just because I'm from Texas you irresponsibly assume that I am a conservative Republican who wants to dominate the world. I am a first generation Turkish immigrant to this country (USA). I love The USA but I also love Turkey and Greece and would be elated if we found a way to solve our problems. We need Greeks and Turks that bow to no one.
2fan
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Main_Source » Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:30 am

not a cheap shot...I just dont trust Americans with any politics.
Main_Source
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby 2fan » Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:33 am

Main_Source wrote:not a cheap shot...I just dont trust Americans with any politics.

Explain!
2fan
Contributor
Contributor

Postby 2fan » Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:35 am

2fan wrote:
Main_Source wrote:not a cheap shot...I just dont trust Americans with any politics.

Explain!

And what makes you think I'm a politician?
2fan
Contributor
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat