The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content

OXI

How can we solve it? (keep it civilized)

Postby YFred » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:38 am

Paphitis wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
Paphitis wrote:If only the Cypriots mounted a valiant defence of their motherland in 1974 just like the Greeks did in 1940, then things may have been different.

It seems Cypriots have much to learn from the Greeks, and even the Turks before they start mouthing off with GR's bravado... :lol:

This must be your dumbest post ever! :lol:

Have you ever heard of the Greek coup against Cyprus? :?

Yes I have heard of the Greek Coup against Cyprus.

You are the one mouthing off about Greece and Turkey, when all along both have proven their gallantry in WW1, WW2 and Korea while Cypriots have done nothing of the sought anywhere with the exception of a few EOKA fighters!

This is where you make yourself look stupid. You just make things up as you go along.
Fact1: Turkey did not join the WW2.
Fact2: I know personally people who joined the British Army and fought in WW2.

I do wish you would keep your posts to the facts that you know and stop making a fool of yourself, amusing that it is, does nothing for your credibility old chap.

So shud up a your face
:lol:
Last edited by YFred on Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
YFred
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Postby Get Real! » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:46 am

Paphitis wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
Paphitis wrote:If only the Cypriots mounted a valiant defence of their motherland in 1974 just like the Greeks did in 1940, then things may have been different.

It seems Cypriots have much to learn from the Greeks, and even the Turks before they start mouthing off with GR's bravado... :lol:

You are the one mouthing off about Greece and Turkey, when all along both have proven their gallantry in WW1, WW2 and Korea while Cypriots have done nothing of the sought anywhere with the exception of a few EOKA fighters!

CYPRUS VETERANS ASSOCIATION WWII

http://www.cyprusveterans.com.cy/list-passed-away.php

Sleep tight Paphitis...
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Get Real! » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:49 am

yialousa1971 wrote:
Get Real! wrote:

But your post is just as dumb, the invasion of Cyprus was pre planned by NWO (Jews, Anglos and Americans). All of the evidence proves this, Anglos supplying Turks with arms, Kissinger with his anti Hellenic crap etc.

Yaloser, not only have you rewritten history in your head but you've even reinvented your forum status... :lol:
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Paphitis » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:02 pm

Get Real! wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
Get Real! wrote:

Sleep tight Paphitis...

Casualties of the Cyprus Regiment and the Cyprus Volunteer Force during the Second World War 1939-1945 (from the database of the Commonwealth War Graves Commission)

They were part of the British Forces....

Asta la Vista baby.... :lol:

Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Postby Get Real! » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:06 pm

Paphitis wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
Get Real! wrote:

Sleep tight Paphitis...

Casualties of the Cyprus Regiment and the Cyprus Volunteer Force during the Second World War 1939-1945 (from the database of the Commonwealth War Graves Commission)

"Rock a bye baby on the tree top,
When the wind blows the cradle will rock,
When the bough breaks the cradle will fall,
And down will come baby, cradle and all."
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Paphitis » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:08 pm

YFred wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
Get Real! wrote:

This is where you make yourself look stupid. You just make things up as you go along.

I do wish you would keep your posts to the facts that you know and stop making a fool of yourself, amusing that it is, does nothing for your credibility old chap.

So shud up a your face

Y-Jocks, I would have assumed I didn't need to mention the bleeding obvious but I keep forgetting we have orangutans such as you amongst us.

It was Greece that fought valiantly in WW2, and this is well documented.
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Postby Paphitis » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:15 pm

Get Real! wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
Get Real! wrote:

Sleep tight Paphitis...

"Rock a bye baby on the tree top,
When the wind blows the cradle will rock,
When the bough breaks the cradle will fall,
And down will come baby, cradle and all."

They were led by British Officers, had British training and discipline. So how were they Cypriot soldiers? :lol:

Agousou moro mou, agouso... :lol:

Here, stick this in your mouth mana mou... :lol:

To all other forumers my apologies. I needed to do that in order to practice my fatherhood and parenting abilities on the biggest baby of them all (GR!). :lol:
Last edited by Paphitis on Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Postby YFred » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:15 pm

Paphitis wrote:
YFred wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
Get Real! wrote:

So shud up a your face

Y-Jocks, I would have assumed I didn't need to mention the bleeding obvious but I keep forgetting we have orangutans such as you amongst us.

It was Greece that fought valiantly in WW2, and this is well documented.

Have you no shame? there is only one thing which is bleedin obvious and that is you are full of crap. :lol: :lol: :lol:
YFred
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Postby denizaksulu » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:37 pm

YFred wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
Get Real! wrote:

So shud up a your face

As I mentioned a few years back, in the Muslim Cemetery in Woking, next to the Graves of the Ottoman Royals, there are the graves of Turkish Airforce pilots killed in the WWII. Thoug Turkey did not enter the war - in spite of Churchills threat to raze Istanbul to the ground - pilots were sent to fight against the Germans unofficially under the guise of 'training'.
denizaksulu
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Paphitis » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:54 pm

Bananiot wrote:I think you do not have a clue paphitis, sorry. You make, it seems, a quick internet search and you come up with the best that fits your stereotypical view of the world.

Aviation is my life Bananiot. This is all I ever new from the age of 17, and was fortunate enough to receive the best training available.

Naturally, military and aviation history interest me deeply. There is no other job I am capable of doing, apart from fly. I have been blessed to have the best occupation in the world as far as I'm concerned.

The PZL P.24, the main Greek fighter in the Greco-Italian War (1940, WWII).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_o ... _Air_Force

Here is a picture of the PZL P.24:

The PZL P24 was a Polish fighter that first flew in 1933. It was absolutely no match for the Italian Air Force or the Luftwaffe and was considered obsolete by 1940 when up against the German War Machine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PZL_P.24

In this case you came up with the spitfires but you gave up quickly. I am sure you can find the official site of the Greek Air Force that will shed ample light on the planes purchased just prior to the Italian attack. You may also encounter another fact. The size of the Greek army that faced the Italians was bigger, especially after mobilisation.

Why don't you post some evidence of the aircraft purchased by Greece?

Be my guest Bananiot, and then I will explain why these PZL P24 aircraft were inferior to anything the Italians had.

The size of the military force itself does not guarantee any military success Bananiot. Throughout history, much larger armies have been defeated in battle by 'inferior' forces. Even the US has been defeated many times and that is with all the sophistication it possess within its arsenal.

An army will fight valiantly as long as it has a very good reason to fight, and is led by good officers that inspire and motivate their men. In Vietnam, the average American soldier did not have as much reason to fight as the Vietnamese did, and this is why the US was made to heel over time. It was a war of attrition.

Of course, you would rather believe that the Greeks won that contest, besides being fewer and ill equipped, fighting against all odds etc, etc, relying solely on courage and Greek "leventia" but these are football terms used by morons and I have no time for them.

I don't believe in leventia Bananiot. All soldiers, no matter what their origins begin as normal innocent people before they become soldiers. They are initially young boys who could not hurt a fly, let alone kill another man. It is the training that turns these young boys into fighting men. And it is the training that turns them into a 'superior' fighting force, along with their units leadership and discipline. Their equipment also plays an important role, because their equipment can determine their effectiveness as a fighting force, but this is by no means is the determining factor. If they have a reason to fight, then they will be determined to do so, no matter what.

Throughout history, there are numerous examples of amazing military victories from many nations. The Greeks defeating the Italians in 1940 is just one example of many, and this amazing victory is well documented and acknowledged by many nations and their former leaders. It is only you who plays this down, whereas, even the Russians, Americans, Australians, Germans and Italians acknowledge Greece's victory as quite a remarkable and surprising accomplishment.
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus Problem