The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content

TCs ain't no German Jews!

How can we solve it? (keep it civilized)

Postby Oracle » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:39 pm

Acikgoz wrote: First GCs find the courage to stop persecuting TCs.

Talisker ... This is how the GCs "persecute" the TCs ... we dare to trespass into our country, unarmed ... these two youths, cousins, protesting at the occupation were brutally beaten by Turk-TCs with stones, batons, kicks and bullets .... This is what the TCs call "persecution" we dare to invade the occupied territory, unarmed, to "persecute" them until we are dead at their hands!

Oracle
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Postby FragnaticDeath » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:52 pm

Den ksexno NEVER WILL
FragnaticDeath
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby Acikgoz » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:57 pm

Perfect rebuttal, unless you are insane.... As many on this forum appear to be.
If you want to draw a comparison to make a point, ensure your comparison is valid.
You are far far from it.
Acikgoz
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby Talisker » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:25 pm

Acikgoz wrote:Perfect rebuttal, unless you are insane.... As many on this forum appear to be.
If you want to draw a comparison to make a point, ensure your comparison is valid.
You are far far from it.

If you read the thread from the start you will see a number of valid comparisons have been made. Jews, who really did have attempted genocide against them, having the courage to live within Germany once again. And more recently the courage of people in Northern Ireland to break down sectarian barriers and become an integrated community. I pointed out that TCs continue to argue they need special protection within a reunified Cyprus. In my opinion this is not a justified stance, and I can only conclude that TCs are hiding behind the facade of persecution by GCs in order to maintain their current illegal status. You didn't provide a counter argument.
Talisker
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby Oracle » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:57 pm

Talisker wrote:
Acikgoz wrote:Perfect rebuttal, unless you are insane.... As many on this forum appear to be.
You are far far from it.

If you read the thread from the start you will see a number of valid comparisons have been made. Jews, who really did have attempted genocide against them, having the courage to live within Germany once again. And more recently the courage of people in Northern Ireland to break down sectarian barriers and become an integrated community. I pointed out that TCs continue to argue they need special protection within a reunified Cyprus. In my opinion this is not a justified stance, and I can only conclude that TCs are hiding behind the facade of persecution by GCs in order to maintain their current illegal status. You didn't provide a counter argument.

He has none. They still live in the dark ages thinking they can fool people with words. He calls "lame" photographic evidence of Turk-TCs persecuting unarmed GCs to death! ... Evidence which was ample proof to provide conviction against the Turks in the ECHR, a persecution witnessed by hundreds and condemned by all civilised people except Acingoloz , verywetty and Viewpointless.

So you see Talisker, nothing has changed. For over 400 years this is how the Turk-TCs have treated us and they have the audacity to claim victimisation, this tyrannous Nazi-simulating minority which holds our country, our rights and GC properties to ransom ... on the basis of counterfeit words!
Oracle
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Postby BirKibrisli » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:03 am

You are making a big mistake approaching this issue from political and economic point of view,Talisker...The reasons why the average Tc will not trust the mechanism of ROC democracy is emotional...And the key to that is found in the TC experience during the dark years of 1960 to 74...

If the GCs are not willing to come to terms with this period,if they keep sweeping it under the carpet,if they keep addressing Cyprus problem simply as one side trying to rob the other of property and illegal gains,we will NEVER get anywhere...This is the conclusion I have come to after long and careful consideration...The GC are in total denial as to the root cause of the TC mistrust...They can only see the pain and sufering of their own after 74,turning a blind eye to the TC pain and suffering before that time...
Please try to get them to take a hard look at themselves,find the courage to admit their part in this mess,then we might get somewhere...
Jews are happy to return to Germany now because they feel perfectly safe...The German people have disowned and repudiated Hitler and his Nazi regime..They have acknowledged the wrongs done,provided compensation,and swore never such attrocities would take place...What steps has the ROC taken to foster trust and understanding between the communities? What steps to ease the fear and mistrust?The person who was the archenemy,the symbol for oppression for the TCs (for his role in the Akritas plan etc) was President of the ROC for over 5 years...What message do you think that gave to the TCs...???? No amount of logical or economical or political appeal or coersion will equal one simple emotional appeal backed by tangible measures to increase the respect and trust between communities...Only then will the TCs consider walking in the sun without a hat and sunscreen...This is not what I want,but it is what I see. Time for all to get out of their comfortable bunkers and face the realities in Cyprus...Throwing insults like "cowards,thieves,whatever..." will only work to drive the TCs further away... Trying to goad or shame the TCs to give up what they see is their hard won protection of Turkey will only backfire...I am suprised people intelligent enough to use this forum cannot see this simple fact... :( :(
BirKibrisli
Main Contributor
Main Contributor

Postby Jimski999 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:35 am

Talisker

Numerous Turkish Cypriots have bitten the bullet and moved South and live and work in the local community around Paphos. I imagine these people will be classed as traitors by some from the North though no doubt they are here. They mingle with the locals in the shops, supermarkets, restaurants and Taverna’s. I can’t say I’ve seen a lynching in the streets or vigilantes hunting them down though unbelievable as it may seem to some from the North; they appear to be treated the same way as everyone else here. I only know they are Turkish Cypriots because my wife is Turkic and often comments about Turkish being spoken. To me the men look like Greek Cypriots (not like the Turkish people I work with) and it is very difficult to differentiate between the two; the give away for the Turkish Cypriot ladies is that they tend to wear Headscarves. Maybe these ladies and gentlemen are made of sterner stuff than some of our contributors?

Jimski999
Jimski999

Postby Piratis » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:52 am

Bir, partition (= the annihilation of GCs from half of their homeland and their replacement with TCs and Turkish Settlers) was the official aim of Turkey since the 50s. You can not excuse this aim (and the actions that Turkey/TCs used to achieve it) with events that happened in the 60s since such a claim can be easily falsified by the sequence of events.
Piratis

Postby Oracle » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:32 am

BirKibrisli wrote: .. Jews are happy to return to Germany now because they feel perfectly safe...The German people have disowned and repudiated Hitler and his Nazi regime.. (

Have you disowned and repudiated Turkey who slaughtered GCs by the thousands and ethnically cleansed nearly a third of the GC population?
Oracle
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Postby BirKibrisli » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:50 pm

Oracle wrote:
BirKibrisli wrote: .. Jews are happy to return to Germany now because they feel perfectly safe...The German people have disowned and repudiated Hitler and his Nazi regime.. (

Have you disowned and repudiated Turkey who slaughtered GCs by the thousands and ethnically cleansed nearly a third of the GC population?

I was just pointing out one of the differences faced by the Jews in Germany and TCs in Cyprus,Oracle...My thoughts about the events of 74 are well known...Turkey was justified in the original intervention. As a guarantor of the independence of the Republic of Cyprus they had the right and duty to come in order to restore Cyprus's independence...They should have done it back in 1963...But,once they had stored the offically agreed government,as stipulated by the 1960 agreements they should have left...By staying they have become invaders...
BirKibrisli
Main Contributor
Main Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus Problem