The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content

Upcoming Changes to the Forum - Read this before you post

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Upcoming Changes to the Forum - Read this before you post

Postby Admin » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:32 am

Hello,

I am planning an upgrade to the forum design and software by the end of this year or beginning of the next.

Along with the visual and functional changes I will also implement some changes in the management of this forum which will have as an aim to help the forum become more friendly and helpful.

Our forum allows people to freely and anonymously express their opinion and debate issues on a wide variety of subjects. This freedom has unfortunately been misused and abused by certain members and the result is posts that contain racist remarks, personal attacks, trolling or just plain nonsense. We also see political and Cyprus problem related issues appearing in just about every thread in the forum and eventually ruining it. Another issue seems to be the personal vendettas that certain members have between them.

My time is extremely limited and I do not have the luxury to have a conversation with each member separately to try to explain him/her my position. Very clear guidelines and rules will be published when the forum is upgraded. Meanwhile please follow the rules that are already in place, do not post anything relating to politics or the Cyprus problem in the general sections of the forum and cooperate with me when I ask you to change something in your behavior in the forum.

This thread will be locked. Please do not start another thread about this issue. If you have any suggestions or constructive criticism feel free to contact me with a PM (I do not promise that I will reply to all). If you disagree with everything I said or do in the forum then it would be a better idea if you stopped visiting this website.

Thank you
Admin
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Return to General Chat