The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content

Talat = the new Denktash

How can we solve it? (keep it civilized)

Is Talat the new Denktash?

Yes
33%
No
67%

Total votes : 21

Postby fi » Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:38 pm

I think President of Cyprus Mr. Papadopoulos and the political parties would be much more positive to a meeting if Mr. Talat wasn't Ankara's puppet.

However I don't think a social meeting would do any harm.
fi

Postby fi » Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:58 pm

post removed by ez

please do not post your personal suggestions for moderation in public. Not in the thread concenred and not anywhere. If you want a moderator to consider taking a specific action then such should be done via PM and only via PM. Thank you
fi

Postby MicAtCyp » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:10 pm

brother wrote: Is Tassos and Denktas junior plotting partition of the island when they have their secret meetings at Tassos's house?

But if I am not mistaken Talat had a representative there too? I beleive it was Soyer.And the reson was not to agree on partition but to postpone the referendum.

Anyway for me the distinction is clear.Denktas wanted 2 completely separate states.Talat is cleverer.He understood that this can never happen moreover with Cyprus in the EU and Turkey heading towards the EU the TCs could eventually end up to a minority status.So Talat wants the Anan Plan or disguised partition. Until that proves eventually another impossibility, we will possibly in the end have a new TC leader that will do what was obvious all along.Return to the 1960 constitution with some changes i.e a bizonal Unitary state.

NOTICE:Various irrelevant posts on double personalities and references to relegion on page 1&2 deleted/edited

ALSO: Number of settlers posts moved to new topic
Post of Gabaston for sharing the shame moved to new topic
Post of Fi for Living conditions of enclaved GCs moved to new topic
MicAtCyp
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby detailer » Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:33 pm

fi wrote:I think President of Cyprus Mr. Papadopoulos and the political parties would be much more positive to a meeting if Mr. Talat wasn't Ankara's puppet.

However I don't think a social meeting would do any harm.

What is your crıteria about not being Ankara's puppet? When will you accept 'legitımacy' of TC leader? If he agrees with GC demands? When?
detailer
Contributor
Contributor

Postby detailer » Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:47 pm

Anyway for me the distinction is clear.Denktas wanted 2 completely separate states.Talat is cleverer.He understood that this can never happen moreover with Cyprus in the EU and Turkey heading towards the EU the TCs could eventually end up to a minority status.So Talat wants the Anan Plan or disguised partition. Until that proves eventually another impossibility, we will possibly in the end have a new TC leader that will do what was obvious all along.Return to the 1960 constitution with some changes i.e a bizonal Unitary state.

Owner of this paragraf suffers from "selecetıve learning". He is overconfident about knowing everything, especially putting down anything turkish(culture, history, politics anything) but apprantly does not know the difference between maın leaders ın TC polıtics, how Talat personally suffered because of his socialıst ideas ın his university education in Turkey, in his personal life here... against Denktash ideas. He can not assume for a second that it is GC leadership who forces anybody carrying responsıbıity ın TC community to be strict.
detailer
Contributor
Contributor

Postby theg » Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:51 pm

in my opinion new ''mr. no '' is papadapoulos :lol:
theg

Previous

Return to Cyprus Problem