The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content

LIFE WITHOUT THE SICK NATIONALISTS

How can we solve it? (keep it civilized)

Postby B25 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:57 pm

Oracle wrote:Whether it was this afternoon, this morning, last night, or all three times - it's none of your business. What is pertinent to Cy Prob debates is that I don't get turned on by reading fiction about Ataturk being "Destiny's Child! :lol:

Your man is a lucky felle :oops:
B25
Main Contributor
Main Contributor

Re: LIFE WITHOUT THE SICK NATIONALISTS

Postby Get Real! » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:40 am

Bananiot wrote:The text below is a small excerpt from "Birds without wings". Any resemblance with some forum members is accidental:

And why are you screwing up your face like that, and spitting? Because I mentioned the imam? Because I mentioned a Turk? Well, you should think before you spit, because I may be Greek now, but I was practically a Turk then, and I am not ashamed of it either, and I am not the only one, and this country's (Greece) full of people like me who came from Anatolia because we didn't have any choice in the matter. When I came here I didn't even speak Greek, didn't you know that? I still dream in Turkish sometimes. I came here because the Christians had to leave, and they thought all the Christians like me were Greek, because the people that run the world never did and never will have any idea how complicated it really is, so if you call me a Turk you might think you're insulting me, but it's half true, and I am not ashamed. People used to call me "Turk" when I first came here, and they didn't mean it kindly either, and they pushed in front of me and shoved me aside, and they muttered things under their breath when I passed by. I'm not like you, you see. You were brought up thinking all the Turks are devils, but you've never met one, and you probably never will, and you don't know a damned thing about it, and it's ignorant people like you who stir up all trouble. So don't spit when I mention an imam who happened to be a Turk and a saint too, and if you don't like it I'll just talk to someone else who's got more sense. And I'll tell you something else, and I don't care if you don't like to hear it, and that is before all the clever Christians came from Asia Minor, you people were living like dogs and didn't have a clue about anything and this island (Kefalonia) had almost nobody on it because anyone with any sense had left, so I'll have no more spitting when I mention the imam, and while I'm on this subject I'll just remind you of something you probably don't want to know, and that is that in all the hundreds of years of occupation the Turks never did anything to us that was half as bad as what we Greeks did to each other in the civil war, and that's something I know about, believe me.

The above is a fresh air, my friends, so distinctively different from the stench of the nationalists.

But why are you so preoccupied with what individuals out to make a buck, have to say… and especially ones who write in such an amateur fashion?

I can’t understand you sometimes… for an ex-teacher I must say you’re a bit thick! :lol:
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bananiot » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:11 am

Amateur fashion? You do not have a clue GR, lost in your disturbed world. Louis de Bernieres, in this particular excerpt, deliberately talks the language of a village girl, Drosoula, not half as ugly as oracle!

"Captivating and compelling ... A masterpiece" says the Independent of Sunday, without asking GR!

"A maginificent, poetic, colossal novel ... Superbly written ... It is in every sense, a sublime book" says the Irish Times, without asking expert book critic, GR!

"His most serious and ambitious achievement to date" says the Times Literary Supplement, without asking GR!
Bananiot
Main Contributor
Main Contributor

Postby Get Real! » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:06 am

Bananiot, the word “nationalism” has always eluded you for you’ve always confused it with far right extremism!

I’ll bet you consider neo Nazis to be German nationalists but nothing could be further from the truth because nationalism means…

1.Devotion to the interests or culture of one's nation.
2.The belief that nations will benefit from acting independently rather than collectively, emphasizing national rather than international goals.
3.Aspirations for national independence in a country under foreign domination.

http://www.answers.com/topic/nationalism

“loyalty and devotion to a nation; especially : a sense of national consciousness exalting one nation above all others and placing primary emphasis on promotion of its culture and interests as opposed to those of other nations or supranational groups”
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/nationalism

"1. national spirit or aspirations.
2. devotion and loyalty to one's own nation; patriotism.
3. excessive patriotism; chauvinism.
4. the desire for national advancement or independence.
5. the policy or doctrine of asserting the interests of one's own nation, viewed as separate from the interests of other nations or the common interests of all nations.
6. an idiom or trait peculiar to a nation.
7. a movement, as in the arts, based upon the folk idioms, history, aspirations, etc., of a nation."

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/nationalism

None of the actions of neo-Nazis and similar far right extremists, assist in the promotion and well-being of their nation.... in fact their actions yield the opposite, so they cannot be considered nationalists.

Nationalism, is NOT a dirty word like you seem to think… your mind seems clouded by the Greek Nationalists who caused chaos in Cyprus, but had CYPRIOT NATIONALISM existed instead there wouldn’t have been any problems.

Try and distance your mind from the unsuitable and incompatible Greek Nationalism that existed in Cyprus pre 74, and concentrate on the healthy British and/or American nationalism that we often see.
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Nikitas » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:01 am

Look at this excerpt:

"before all the clever Christians came from Asia Minor, you people were living like dogs and didn't have a clue about anything and this island (Kefalonia) had almost nobody on it because anyone with any sense had left,"

Kefallonia, in the west of Greece, had plenty of people on it, and being Venetian influenced has a very rich tradition in the arts, especially music. It was not embroiled in the civil war and did not suffer from it. The worst disaster that befell the island were the earthquakes of the 50s.

It was an unfortunate choice by the author, whoever he may be, it diminishes his credibility greatly.

As for nationalism, it has benign as well as malignant manifestations. There are irreplaceable elements of communal life which only a congregation like a nation can maintain. A shared language, culture, set of values etc. The view that all nationalism is be definition evil is one of Bananiot's demons.
Nikitas
Main Contributor
Main Contributor

Postby Oracle » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:11 am

Nikitas wrote:It was an unfortunate choice by the author, whoever he may be, it diminishes his credibility greatly.

De Bernieres tenuous hold on a semi-believable WWII tale of Greece - plagiarised from "Eleni" IMHO got him some Brit-press and Hollywood interest. However, he exceeded himself beyond belief and into learned ridicule by all except Bananiot with this other tale of wild phantasmagorical imaginations.
Oracle
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Postby free_cyprus » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:59 am

the only thing i want to add regarding cypriots is a quotation that is used to describe american nation and its this
mummys baby daddys maybe
free_cyprus
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Re: LIFE WITHOUT THE SICK NATIONALISTS

Postby yialousa1971 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:18 am

Bananiot wrote:The text below is a small excerpt from "Birds without wings". Any resemblance with some forum members is accidental:

And why are you screwing up your face like that, and spitting? Because I mentioned the imam? Because I mentioned a Turk? Well, you should think before you spit, because I may be Greek now, but I was practically a Turk then, and I am not ashamed of it either, and I am not the only one, and this country's (Greece) full of people like me who came from Anatolia because we didn't have any choice in the matter. When I came here I didn't even speak Greek, didn't you know that? I still dream in Turkish sometimes. I came here because the Christians had to leave, and they thought all the Christians like me were Greek, because the people that run the world never did and never will have any idea how complicated it really is, so if you call me a Turk you might think you're insulting me, but it's half true, and I am not ashamed. People used to call me "Turk" when I first came here, and they didn't mean it kindly either, and they pushed in front of me and shoved me aside, and they muttered things under their breath when I passed by. I'm not like you, you see. You were brought up thinking all the Turks are devils, but you've never met one, and you probably never will, and you don't know a damned thing about it, and it's ignorant people like you who stir up all trouble. So don't spit when I mention an imam who happened to be a Turk and a saint too, and if you don't like it I'll just talk to someone else who's got more sense. And I'll tell you something else, and I don't care if you don't like to hear it, and that is before all the clever Christians came from Asia Minor, you people were living like dogs and didn't have a clue about anything and this island (Kefalonia) had almost nobody on it because anyone with any sense had left, so I'll have no more spitting when I mention the imam, and while I'm on this subject I'll just remind you of something you probably don't want to know, and that is that in all the hundreds of years of occupation the Turks never did anything to us that was half as bad as what we Greeks did to each other in the civil war, and that's something I know about, believe me.

The above is a fresh air, my friends, so distinctively different from the stench of the nationalists.

Bananiot's in Cyprus. :evil: Bananiot's in Greece dressed in pink, watch the video and see Bananiot's twin in Greece at 30 secs getting mad but not brave!

yialousa1971
Main Contributor
Main Contributor

Postby Nikephoros » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:12 am

Bananiot is the worthless type of moron, weasel and traitor a society is burdened with when all the brave men fight and die confronting the enemy, so that the leftist cowards can multiply, reproduce, raise traitors and castigate every national value.
Nikephoros
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Klik » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:37 am

Bananiot and the rest of the "Cypriots" may as well be considered the Ephialtis in the history books 30 years from now... That is by going with the phrase "winners write the history". Coz people like them do not deserve to have a homeland. They may as well just live in the sea until the sharks eat them, or they will be eaten by the society's sharks that these "Cypriots" are feeding.

P.S: Turks are not even part of these "Cypriots" so don't even bother to comment... :roll:
Klik
Contributor
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus Problem