The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content

Photos

How can we solve it? (keep it civilized)

Photos

Postby Sotos » Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:11 am

Here are some photos I took in Limassol near Pentadromos:

What do you think? ;)
Sotos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Postby cypezokyli » Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:18 am

the cypriot reality...
some old symbols weathering away...nationalistic or lenin (for crying out loud)

and what is of prime importance in our lives.... the model of our mobile phone

(and since i am not coming for christmass, the last one just reminds me of home...)
cypezokyli
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby zan » Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:29 am

What is it that prevents some GC from going and white washing over that flag? Do they still believe what it represents? Are they afraid what might happen to them, in which case from whom? Or do they not see it any more through not caring. It would not go unnoticed from any visiting TC. Is that the purpose?
zan
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Postby Piratis » Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:31 pm

I believe the first photo is from outside the Appolon fun club.
Piratis

Postby pumpernickle » Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:16 pm

Hey Zan, ever get fed up with asking rhetorical questions?

I think you'll find that those photos are just....photos. Pretty unspectacular ones at that. No need to over analyse. Just get over yourself.

Ok? Good.
pumpernickle
Contributor
Contributor

Postby zan » Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:52 pm

Should I answer that? Would it be worth it? Does he want me to? What good would it do? Should I have expected an answer? Would they tell me the truth? Which type of bird has two heads? Could it be two birds with one body?
zan
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Postby cypezokyli » Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:54 am

its just a nationalistic symbol zan. everyone knows that. no reason to get excited
cypezokyli
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby Eric dayi » Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:21 am

I think it's a reflection of Makarios' two faces.

One being a man of God and the other a cold blooded murderer.

No wonder John Gordon wrote in Sunday Express on 3/5/64 "Makarios is a sly fellow. His mouth drips honey while his hands drip blood"
Eric dayi
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby Piratis » Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:30 pm

Makarios never killed or supported the killing of anybody. Unlike you. So you accusing Makarios for murders is a joke.
Piratis

Postby Eric dayi » Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:32 pm

You trying to hide what the world knows is what a joke is Piratis, here read these:

"Makarios is a sly fellow. His mouth drips honey while his hands drip blood" (Sunday Express 3/05/1964 by John Gordon in 'current events')

'Independence was not the aim of the EOKA struggle. Foreign factors have prevented the achievement of the national goal, but this should not be a cause for sorrow, New bastions have been conquered and from these bastions the Greek Cypriots will march on to complete the final victory.' (Cyprus President Archbishop Makarios, 16th August 1960 on the day the Cyprus Republic was inaugurated)

For nine years, longer than both world wars, he (Makarios) has been responsible for every drop of blood that has been shed on this wretched island. He has been responsible for corruption of youth, the uncontrolled violence of the EOKA thugs and the murder of the innocents. He is responsible for what is happening in Cyprus this very minute. He could, God forbid, be responsible for plunging us all into the abyss of a dreadful world war." (From the DAILY SKETCH, 10.08.1964)

Until this Turkish community forming part of the Turkish race that has been the terrible enemy of Hellenism is expelled, the duty of the heroes of EOKA can never be considered terminated."

Makarios was a two faced murdering swine who was the leader of the EOKA terrorists and the one who ordered the attack and the attrocities commited against TC men, women and children of all ages. I am sure he has taken his seat next to Hitler in hell!
Eric dayi
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Next

Return to Cyprus Problem