The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content

Landscape photo - looking for people why is interested in it

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Landscape photo - looking for people why is interested in it

Postby Traveler » Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:15 pm

Hello All!

Not were exactly post this topic, and decide to post it here, in General Chat.

The topic is about photography. I’m professional designer that live and work in Cyprus. That’s foreground, how to say, and everyday work.
In background I’m photographer. Basically I shoot landscapes, partially portraits, and very rarely other genres. Have some experience and some awards.

I’m interested to find people, why are interested to join me in my journeys in Cyprus. Why not afraid of rainy weather, burning sun, hard raises in the mountains, why will agree stand up early in the morning see first sun rays and mist over tall lands. And take all this beauty on film or digital censor :D .

The other part is meeting after journeys. Normally, peoples why interested in photography, meet sometimes in quiet café to show each other latest works, discuss about it, find mistakes and arrange next journey :lol: .

As a man, why have some experience in photography, of course I can help starters, but only if see, that there is desire for learning.

If someone, after reading this few words not afraid from new hardships, that may spring up in your life, you are welcome to "journey"... 8)

I post here some latest my photo-works, that readers don’t think that I’m unfounded.

And sorry for my “bad” English, I hope, you understand everything that I write. I dont think, that this is real obstacle.

Here is my contact info: [email protected]

Sincerely yours,
Serge

Traveler

Postby Mikros » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:54 pm

Serge, these are amazing photos! Well done! :)
Mikros
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Cov » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:59 pm

Im no expert but i think those photos are great !!
Cov

Postby Traveler » Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:34 pm

I forgot to tell, i live in Limassol. But i think, that distance not problem here.

Mikros, Cov: thanks :), happy that You like it.
Traveler

Postby VEX8 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:49 pm

Traveller do use use film or digital and what equipment have you got because those are fantastic photos. Great compositions as well.
VEX8
Contributor
Contributor

Postby stuff » Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:02 pm

VEX8 wrote:Traveller do use use film or digital and what equipment have you got because those are fantastic photos. Great compositions as well.

these are the best photos ı have seen of cyprus .CONGRATS for this shots .and ı am asking the same question that VEX mentioned above .can u tell me what kind of camera(s) you have ?

they are really great !

thanks
stuff
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Gordon » Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:17 pm

Beautiful photographs. I don't know anything about photography but these views are stunning. Thanks for sharing.
Gordon

Postby Traveler » Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:14 am

2 VEX8, stuff: About my equipment - I use Canon 350D (8 mp DSLR) and 2 lenses: Sigma 12-24/4.5-5.6 and Sigma 24-70/2.8. Tripod, some filters.

This equipment is a good base for "smart" photographer. Of course, someone thinks that this entry level in today's professional photography, partialy, I can agry, but with good lens You can get stunning results from this complect.

Before Cyprus I used big medium format camera with 4 lenses. Here, in Cyprus, shoot in medium is too expensive for me - films, then developing, then scanning - with prices here OMG :) - too much money in the wind. I decide to buy digital camera that this is good compromise for me :).

2 Stuff, Gordon, VEX8: Thanks :)
Traveler

Postby Mikros » Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:38 am

Yes, nowadays digital cameras reached or suprpassed the analogue cameras... by the way, which area is the night view of Limassol?
Mikros
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Sotos » Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:52 pm

Nice photos Travel! Post some more :D For posting online you don't even need a many megapixel camera. You need more than 3 Megapixel only if you are going to print it in large size or crop and use part of it only.
Sotos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Next

Return to General Chat