The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content

Your fears?

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Your fears?

Postby Sotos » Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:40 pm

What are your fears? Who are the fearless among us? I saw a documentary some time ago that showed that some people are born scared while others are by nature much more daring!
Sotos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Postby littlemiss » Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:44 pm

im terrified of dying, although they say i wont know anything about it when it happens it makes me feel sick that i just wont be here any more stupid eh?
littlemiss
Contributor
Contributor

Postby unique_earthling » Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:06 pm

I have a fear of heights, or i should say a fear of falling, the idea of looking over a huge drop makes my knees go weak and sends tingles all over my body, and my heart thumps like crazy, yet i can go up ladders so long as i am in control and fly in a plane with no fear at all.

I can remember climbing a tree when i was a kid and was so frightened to come down the fire brigade had to come and get me..

Apart from that i dont fear anything else. i like snakes and dont fear spiders but wouldnt want to be surprised by one.
unique_earthling
Contributor
Contributor

Postby littlemiss » Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:12 pm

really doesnt all fears stem from not wanting to dies we are all afraid of different things but is it cos ultimatly we are scared they will kill us? example fear of flying in case it crashes and you die, fear of animals in case they bite or sting and as a result we will die, fear of hights incase we fall and die. I think alot of ppl get confused between a dislike and a fear, ie ppl dont like spiders cos they are bloody ugly and have a habit of crawling out in their creepy way but is this really a fear? I would like to know those that really have a fear of something that wont kill or harm them, what is it they are really afraid of?
littlemiss
Contributor
Contributor

Postby unique_earthling » Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:54 pm

well my first thought is to ask you to define your fears seeing as you have asked the question, it will give others a guideline to what you mean.
unique_earthling
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bones » Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:25 pm

Fears what are they????????? 8)
bones

Postby stuff » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:56 pm

ı dont have any that means ı am stupid?? he heeeee
stuff
Contributor
Contributor

Postby andri_cy » Mon May 01, 2006 4:37 am

When I was a college student in Greece, I got attacked while I was coming home from classes. I was so scared that now my only fear is fear itself. Fear makes you feel helpless and choiceless. I am afraid that one day I will feel that way again. Apart from that, I am always open to all challenges.
andri_cy
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby michalis5354 » Mon May 01, 2006 7:14 am

Snakes! I cant believe how people can buy them as a pet! I ve seen one for sale at a price of 300 pounds! God
michalis5354
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby dms007 » Mon May 01, 2006 9:15 pm

one day when i was in college i was doing some gymnastics on the horizontal bar and while landing my foot slipped and i fell down. luckily i put both my hands down and balanced and slightly broke the fall soi was not injured.
the next day when i tried doing the usual thing that i had been doing for such a long time, i was scared. i realised that i could not for some reason, my brain was actually preventing me from doing the routine!
so i just focussed myself and overcame the fear of falling down. then i realised that fear is in the mind, that is how the brain tries to protect the body from what it percieves might be injurious to the body due to some past experience.

some people are born scared

i question the veracity of the statement.
fear can caused due to some event that has affected us or somebody.
fear can caused when someone is told that something is harmful or dangerous and he starts believing it.
fear can be caused when something cannot be explained.
and so on...
but i dont thing anybody can be born with a fear!(fear of what, why?)
dms007
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Next

Return to General Chat