The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content

Is There Any Happy Stories of GS'Cyps meeting TS'Cyps......?

How can we solve it? (keep it civilized)

Is There Any Happy Stories of GS'Cyps meeting TS'Cyps......?

Postby humanist » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:59 am

Can anyone comment on any positive meetings between Cypriots since the openning of borders ... thanks
humanist
Main Contributor
Main Contributor

Postby tessintrnc » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:55 am

I dont know about "socially" but there is a butchers shop near the Ledra Palace crossing (on the G.C side) that advertises in the window in both Greek and Turkish!
Tess
tessintrnc
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby bill cobbett » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:41 pm

I like the story about the butcher's shop that tessintrnc reports. I hope others follow the example of this astute shopkeeper.

I would also like to post a record of an incident in which I was, to a small extent, personally involved. I have read of similar stories on the net and elsewhere.

An elderly (southern) Cypriot couple heard through visits made by others to their old village in the Karpas that a (northern) Cypriot widow had been able to recover some personal items from their old house in the village. As members will imagine, the old couple had to leave their village in a bit of a hurry.

I drove this couple to their old village this past Summer where we met with the elderly lady and we accepted her kind invitation to come into her home for refreshments. We chatted for the best part of an hour in the Cypriot dialect. This lady had safely kept hold of the old couple's engagement and wedding photographs dating from the late '50s and she was delighted to make these over to the old couple which as you can imagine also made them very happy. These have now been restored and reproduced digitally.
bill cobbett
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Location: Embargoed from Kyrenia by Jurkish Army and Genocided (many times) by Thieving, Brain-Washed Lordo

Re: Is There Any Happy Stories of GS'Cyps meeting TS'Cyps...

Postby cypezokyli » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:46 pm

humanist wrote:Can anyone comment on any positive meetings between Cypriots since the openning of borders ... thanks

heres some threads from some time ago :

http://www.cyprus-forum.com/viewtopic.p ... an+stories

http://www.cyprus-forum.com/viewtopic.p ... an+stories
cypezokyli
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby Viewpoint » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:24 am

Not a lot going on here, what does this tell you?
Viewpoint
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Postby humanist » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:29 am

Bill that is not a small thing man do not underestimate human spirit,

According to Bill's story quite a lt actually VP

Yeay!!!!! there is love beyond politics and boundaries.
humanist
Main Contributor
Main Contributor

Postby Viewpoint » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:38 am

humanist wrote:Bill that is not a small thing man do not underestimate human spirit,

According to Bill's story quite a lt actually VP

Yeay!!!!! there is love beyond politics and boundaries.

I was really referring to the lack of stories, the "Cypriot" contingent would have us believe that there is an abundance of happy stories, as you can see people don't care they are more interesting in shopping and quenching the initial interest in seeing what the other side looks like after that its not even given a second thought. This proves we are 2 separate people living in 2 separate states with our own thing going on, this is what works for Cyprus we should move towards allowing 2 states on a level playing field where people can roam freely and settle where ever they wish under the leadership of that state.
Viewpoint
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Postby humanist » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:48 am

and so that is your view.......cool. I argue Cyprus is a whole Island with plenty f space for everyone and that is how I would like it to remain. We can keep on saying the same thing over and over again, or at least for another 32 years because it serves the needs of very few.
humanist
Main Contributor
Main Contributor

Postby Viewpoint » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:54 am

Until the GCs change their leader and find someone who can take steps that will persuade Tcs thet they are better off united than divided the current situation will remain, this is fact and no amount of nice stories will change this.
Viewpoint
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Postby Kikapu » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:18 am

Viewpoint wrote:I was really referring to the lack of stories, the "Cypriot" contingent would have us believe that there is an abundance of happy stories, as you can see people don't care they are more interesting in shopping and quenching the initial interest in seeing what the other side looks like after that its not even given a second thought. This proves we are 2 separate people living in 2 separate states with our own thing going on, this is what works for Cyprus we should move towards allowing 2 states on a level playing field where people can roam freely and settle where ever they wish under the leadership of that state.

Why don't you tell us all the "happy" stories you hear from all those living in the "TRNC". Are we to believe, because not all Cypriots are at their computer every minute to write their experiences, that nothing good goes on. So, according to you, if a tree falls in a forest, and there's no one there to hear it, the falling tree did not make a noise.!!

How would 2 separate states going to make Cypriots "happier", when they are not "happy" now.? Once people have access to their property and no check points, feeling they own the whole country, even if it means, having two states, under One system, world recognition, then they will be much happier.
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Next

Return to Cyprus Problem