The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


TCs - post-74 - how is it (and has it been) for you?

Propose and discuss specific solutions to aspects of the Cyprus Problem

Postby kentish » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:15 pm

piratis

you say" gc never had any intention to oppress or harm any turk" you what ! are you trying to rewrite history ?
kentish
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:56 pm

Postby halil » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:49 pm

kentish wrote:piratis

you say" gc never had any intention to oppress or harm any turk" you what ! are you trying to rewrite history ?


yes kentish ,
that's why Topçuköy martyrs were remembered today.

A ceremony was held this evening at the Topçuköy Martyrdom to commemorate nine martyrs, who fell while defending the village against Greek Cypriot attacks in 1974.
halil
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8804
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:21 pm
Location: nicosia

Postby Piratis » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:50 pm

kentish wrote:piratis

you say" gc never had any intention to oppress or harm any turk" you what ! are you trying to rewrite history ?


History is there for all to see.

Did we invade Turkey in order to oppress and harm Turks, or did the Turks invade us in order to oppress, enslave and harm us?

The answer is clear.

Yes, you had losses from the conflicts which you started. The Germans had many millions losses from the wars they started. This doesn't mean they (as a whole) are innocent and the nations they invaded the guilty ones.

Cypriots never had any intention to oppress or harm any Turks. What Cypriots always wanted, and what they fought for, was for their freedom and self-determination on their own island. Nothing more.

I am sorry that you had losses in those wars, as I am sorry for the innocent German people that suffered, even though many of them did not support Hitler and his crimes. But keep things into perspective and remember all the facts (not just the selective few that suit you) and don't forget that those wars were started by the Turks who had as an aim to expand against Cyprus, and that Greek Cypriots had way more casualties than you did.

Unfortunately the Turks distort history looking for excuse for yet more crimes against us. On the other hand, although we have been the victims of the Turks for centuries, all we are asking now is the same thing we have always asked: Freedom, democracy and human rights, and we do not demand that anybody should be punished for what happened in the past.
User avatar
Piratis
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 12261
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:08 pm

Postby Oracle » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:01 pm

Yet they take the declaration that they should not be punished for their crimes of the past to mean that they should not be punished for their crimes of the present either ... and by extrapolation, can therefore continue the freedom to enjoy and perpetuate their lives of crime against us into the future.

You give them an inch and they take a mile :roll:

Whilst I too would like to see the past erased, it is not at the expense of treating them so differently that they accept they are above the law and can continue to enjoy such privileges of forgiveness, if they just delay a solution long enough.
User avatar
Oracle
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 23507
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:13 am
Location: Anywhere but...

Postby kentish » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:37 pm

piratis you are a very silly boy,first of all forget hitler what the the hell are you talking about.
did the turks invade cyprus to oppress enslave and harm the gc,what a stupid idiot you are.the turks invaded cyprus to stop the gc oppressing and harming the tc.in fact the turks are a PEACEKEEPING force because the have managed to seperate two different peoples that are unable to live peacefully together.the reason these people cannot live together are complex and nobody on this world is able to fix the problem.
get over it ,the present situation in cyprus will not change in anyone on this forums lifetime
kentish
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:56 pm

Postby Piratis » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:49 am

did the turks invade cyprus to oppress enslave and harm the gc


Of course they did:

In the summer of 1570, the Turks struck again, but this time with a full-scale invasion rather than a raid. About 60,000 troops, including cavalry and artillery, under the command of Lala Mustafa Pasha landed unopposed near Limassol on July 2, 1570, and laid siege to Nicosia. In an orgy of victory on the day that the city fell--September 9, 1570--20,000 Nicosians were put to death, and every church, public building, and palace was looted.



the turks invaded cyprus to stop the gc oppressing and harming the tc.in fact the turks are a PEACEKEEPING force because the have managed to seperate two different peoples that are unable to live peacefully together.the reason these people cannot live together are complex and nobody on this world is able to fix the problem.


If the Turks could not live with Cypriots then they shouldn't have come to Cyprus. Greek Cypriots never attempted to oppress the TCs. The only thing Cypriots asked and fought for was for their freedom from foreign rulers and self-determination for Cyprus. Unfortunately the TC minority collaborated with Turkey and UK in order to stop Cyprus from gaining its self-determination and that was the reason for the conflicts.

The Turkish army in Cyprus is an illegal occupation force who is trying by means of force and ehtnic cleansing to artificially create some "Turkish state" on lands stolen from us.
User avatar
Piratis
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 12261
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:08 pm

Postby kentish » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:36 am

1570! dont make me laugh you deluded fool.

now the peacekeeping force is ethnically cleansing the island?

watch out piratis the men in white overalls will be knocking on your door soon
kentish
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:56 pm

Postby Agios Ionas » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:24 am

kentish wrote:the turks invaded cyprus to stop the gc oppressing and harming the tc.in fact the turks are a PEACEKEEPING force because the have managed to seperate two different peoples that are unable to live peacefully together.the reason these people cannot live together are complex and nobody on this world is able to fix the problem.


1. The Turks invaded Cyprus because the UK and the US wanted partition to serve their own needs and wants. It was a game of chess and the Cypriots were the disposable pawns. The instigators pulled the strings of Greek junta, GC and TC nationalists and Turkey in order to achieve what they wanted... partition.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4632080.stm

George Ball, US secretary of state - 1964 wrote:That was a fantastic show son, but you've got it all wrong, hasn't anyone told you that our plan here is for partition?


2. The reason GC's and TC's 'can't live together' is not that complex at all. The reason is because they were told that they couldn't. The instigators led them to believe they couldn't. The UK/US policiy of divide and rule were yet again very effective. Especially the TC's fell victims of their games. Games that still today are being played by Turkey. The occupying force and her cronies are feeding the myth that 'GC's and TC's can't co-exist' to serve her own needs and wants. Anything goes to keep the tight and firm grip on 37% of the island.
User avatar
Agios Ionas
Member
Member
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 7:42 pm
Location: In the sun...

Postby kentish » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:23 pm

very good A I

thats the view from some quarters but what were the needs and wants of the uk and us on this tiny dot in the world and how have the uk and us since benefited in this partition

and you disagree that tc and gc cant live together,why then have they failed to come to any sort of agreement since 1974

give me the present situation anyday.sorry but i dont want to live near you because i dont trust you
kentish
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:56 pm

Postby kurupetos » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:24 pm

kentish wrote:and you disagree that tc and gc cant live together,why then have they failed to come to any sort of agreement since 1974

I will give you a couple of reasons:
1. Because Turkey has been asking undemocratic, partitionist demands and refusing to allow all GC to return to their homes with the use of jungle law techniques.
2. Because Turkey has been refusing to comply with each and every UN resolution.

kentish wrote:give me the present situation anyday.sorry but i dont want to live near you because i dont trust you

You can always bugger off to Turkey or you can move back to your ancestors' home in Ulan Bator. Also, thanks to the GCs hard work you can live and work anywhere in the EU. Bon voyage! :wink:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17940
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus Problem Solution Proposals

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests