The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Kikapu .... Get Ready for a BIG BANG!

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Postby cyprusgrump » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:50 am

Oracle wrote:
DT. wrote:bunch of nerds clapping about something. :?

http://webcast.cern.ch/index2.html

apparently there will be no collissions today, they're just calibrating the beam


I heard they had a mini melt-down and lost some Helium ... which probably means everyone is yodelling in a higher pitch now :lol:

I tried to click onto your link to see the latest news but the page is no longer available :shock:

..... what is happening? :?


Here is a webcam that covered the incident.
User avatar
cyprusgrump
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6594
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:35 pm
Location: Pissouri, Cyprus

Postby Oracle » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:47 am

cyprusgrump wrote:
Oracle wrote:
DT. wrote:bunch of nerds clapping about something. :?

http://webcast.cern.ch/index2.html

apparently there will be no collissions today, they're just calibrating the beam


I heard they had a mini melt-down and lost some Helium ... which probably means everyone is yodelling in a higher pitch now :lol:

I tried to click onto your link to see the latest news but the page is no longer available :shock:

..... what is happening? :?


Here is a webcam that covered the incident.


OMG ... :shock: Poor Kikapu! Sucked up and swallowed whole ..... :(
User avatar
Oracle
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 23507
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:13 am
Location: Anywhere but...

Postby Oracle » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:51 am

Enough messing around and failure! :roll:

The Cypriots are going to sort this out once and for all .... :D

Cyprus applies to join CERN

June 05, 2009

The Republic of Cyprus submitted an application on June 3 to become a full member of the European Organisation for Nuclear Research, known as CERN, an official announcement says.

It adds that the examination/evaluation of Cyprus’ application will be done by a working group which will be set up to this effect and it will last around six months.

Afterwards, if the recommendation of the working group is positive, then Cyprus will obtain the status of a candidate country for membership for a period of time between 1-5 years, during which it must meet specific criteria, it notes.

CERN, it explains, is the largest experimental centre of nuclear research and especially particle physics, in the world. It is located in the Switzerland - France border.

CERN was founded in 1954 by 12 European countries and currently has 20 member- states, including Greece, which is also a founding member. It currently employs some 2.000 permanent employees, while around 6.500 scientists and engineers (representing 500 universities and 80 different nationalities), about half of the particle physics community in the world, are dealing with experiments made by CERN, it concludes.


Source: Financial Mirror
User avatar
Oracle
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 23507
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:13 am
Location: Anywhere but...

Postby boomerang » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:53 am

Raymanoff wrote:maybe a joke for a limited group of people... but who ever played HalfLife will appreciate it :)


Image


hehehehe...nice one Ray... :lol:
User avatar
boomerang
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7218
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005 5:56 am

Postby Get Real! » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:58 pm

I don’t expect anything of value to be learned from this childish experiment, but I do expect scientists to manufacture all sorts of rubbish to cloud politicians minds as per usual, to “justify” the utter waste of astronomical funds and to further secure future funding so they can fill their pockets and play games all day instead of getting a real job!

If Steven Hawkings thinks he is so smart as to understand the cosmos, what’s keeping him from understanding and conquering the microscopic decease that rendered his body useless and is slowly taking his life away?

Humans, need to climb off their high horse and understand that our real problems are here on this earth where we have been given dominion and not up in the skies, and never forget that…

“Dust thou art and unto dust thou shall return!”



Regards, GR.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40372
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Kikapu .... Get Ready for a BIG BANG!

Postby EPSILON » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:01 pm

Oracle wrote:Next Wednesday the Large Hadron Collider gets fired up under Geneva. :D

Colliding protons will recreate events during the BIG BANG! 8)

Some theorists predict a mini Black Hole will be created which will grow and expand as it swallows up the universe around it. :shock:

From the land which gave us cheese with holes .... :lol:


Scheduling of the program arranged in order all citizens of North Cyprus taken by the hole.
User avatar
EPSILON
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2851
Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 2:28 pm
Location: ATHENS

Postby denizaksulu » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:12 pm

Get Real! wrote:I don’t expect anything of value to be learned from this childish experiment, but I do expect scientists to manufacture all sorts of rubbish to cloud politicians minds as per usual, to “justify” the utter waste of astronomical funds and to further secure future funding so they can fill their pockets and play games all day instead of getting a real job!

If Steven Hawkings thinks he is so smart as to understand the cosmos, what’s keeping him from understanding and conquering the microscopic decease that rendered his body useless and is slowly taking his life away?

Humans, need to climb off their high horse and understand that our real problems are here on this earth where we have been given dominion and not up in the skies, and never forget that…

“Dust thou art and unto dust thou shall return!”



Regards, GR.



You said you never believe in @Religion'; omg you have changed. Never mind dust, after my cremation I will be transmuted into a diamond. :lol:
User avatar
denizaksulu
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 36050
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 11:04 am

Postby Get Real! » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:15 pm

denizaksulu wrote:
Get Real! wrote:I don’t expect anything of value to be learned from this childish experiment, but I do expect scientists to manufacture all sorts of rubbish to cloud politicians minds as per usual, to “justify” the utter waste of astronomical funds and to further secure future funding so they can fill their pockets and play games all day instead of getting a real job!

If Steven Hawkings thinks he is so smart as to understand the cosmos, what’s keeping him from understanding and conquering the microscopic decease that rendered his body useless and is slowly taking his life away?

Humans, need to climb off their high horse and understand that our real problems are here on this earth where we have been given dominion and not up in the skies, and never forget that…

“Dust thou art and unto dust thou shall return!”



Regards, GR.



You said you never believe in @Religion'; omg you have changed. Never mind dust, after my cremation I will be transmuted into a diamond. :lol:

Religion and God are two different things Deniz.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40372
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Postby denizaksulu » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:25 pm

Get Real! wrote:
denizaksulu wrote:
Get Real! wrote:I don’t expect anything of value to be learned from this childish experiment, but I do expect scientists to manufacture all sorts of rubbish to cloud politicians minds as per usual, to “justify” the utter waste of astronomical funds and to further secure future funding so they can fill their pockets and play games all day instead of getting a real job!

If Steven Hawkings thinks he is so smart as to understand the cosmos, what’s keeping him from understanding and conquering the microscopic decease that rendered his body useless and is slowly taking his life away?

Humans, need to climb off their high horse and understand that our real problems are here on this earth where we have been given dominion and not up in the skies, and never forget that…

“Dust thou art and unto dust thou shall return!”



Regards, GR.



You said you never believe in @Religion'; omg you have changed. Never mind dust, after my cremation I will be transmuted into a diamond. :lol:

Religion and God are two different things Deniz.



Tell me about it!! :lol:
User avatar
denizaksulu
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 36050
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 11:04 am

Postby Oracle » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:45 pm

Finally!

Elusive success is just around the corner :D


LHC research programme gets underway

Geneva, 30 March 2010.

Beams collided at 7 TeV in the LHC at 13:06 CEST, marking the start of the LHC research programme. Particle physicists around the world are looking forward to a potentially rich harvest of new physics as the LHC begins its first long run at an energy three and a half times higher than previously achieved at a particle accelerator.

“It’s a great day to be a particle physicist”

http://press.web.cern.ch/press/PressRel ... 7.10E.html


Image
User avatar
Oracle
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 23507
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:13 am
Location: Anywhere but...

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests