The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Israel finaly putting Hamas in its place

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Postby Jerry » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:53 am

miltiades wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
miltiades wrote:Any suggestions how this war can be brought to a swift end to save further loss of life ?
Do of course remember that Israel will not accept a ceasefire unless the rocket fired by Hamas , who by the way Don't seem particularly concerned about the loss of civilian life , come to an immediate end.


The ball is clearly in Israel's court. They are the only ones who could end the conflict, but they do not want to. I am afraid that it is the Israeli's that want the conflict to continue, because it is a fact that their action in the Gaza Strip will only motivate HAMAS and other Palestinians to continue their rocket attacks on Israel.

The Palestinians have been under constant siege. They are unable to trade, and even the passage of vital medicines into Gaza is severely restricted. They have a GDP output of $600.00 per capita, ranking the Palestinians people amongst the most impoverished in the world.

I have read that the early Zionists were in actual fact looking at Cyprus as an option of declaring their state. If this occurred, and Jews were migrating to Cyprus buying all the land and then enforcing all Cypriots into enclaves about the size of the British SBAs, then I am positive the Cypriots would behave in much the same way as the Palestinians are today. If the Jews had stolen all our lands and dignity, then you are left with no option but to fight and resist.

My dear friend , can you please try and explain why is it that the Israelis are at war in Gaza at the moment , why the blockade , why the wall.

Please try and explain what you think is the reason , and do try to leave out such rubbish like the Jews wanting Cyprus as their promised land.
Israel exists , that is an indisputable irrefutable fact . How can this existence be at peace with the Palestinians .
How do you think the Israeli public would respond if Israel at war in Gaza at the moment was purely there for any other reason that stopping the daily barrage of rockets launched by Hamas.
What would you do if you were the Israeli Prime Minister.


Rubbish like jews wantingCyprus as their promised land?
Oh really?
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jso ... yprus.html

Israel exists - so does trnc which is not internationally recognised - just like the illegally occupied parts of Palestine are not recognised as israeli territory.

Instead of killing innocent Palestinians israel should offer to negotiate the return of illegally held territory and abandon the West Bank settlements - peace would ensue.
Jerry
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4638
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 12:29 pm
Location: UK

Postby Nikitas » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:00 pm

Illogical and unchecked growth, you know what they call that in biology don't you!
Nikitas
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7396
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:49 pm

Postby Nikitas » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:04 pm

Barrage of rockets, what a perfect excuse!

The rockets have caused a total of a dozen casualties in the years they have been used. There are precise military means to find out exactly when and from which GPS coordinates rockets are launched and there are pinpoint weapons to respond. Instead Israel chose to steamroll the civilians of Ghaza killing over 800 people as payback for the dozen Israeli casualties. What perverted mathematics decree that one Israeli life is worth 100 Arabs?
Nikitas
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7396
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:49 pm

Postby Nikitas » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:08 pm

As a media person I find some amusement in the present Ghaza crisis. My colleagues in prestigious media are doing all kinds of verbal acrobatics in their effort to say what they want to say, but still trying to be politically correct and avoiding any taint of "antisemitism". No one wants to daw any parralels with the collective punishment dished out by the Nazis. But even the Nazis had some limits and some strict proportions. In the town of Kalavryta they killed 230 people in response to a loss of a dozen Germans. You work out the ratios.
Nikitas
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7396
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:49 pm

Postby miltiades » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:11 pm

Jerry wrote:
miltiades wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
miltiades wrote:Any suggestions how this war can be brought to a swift end to save further loss of life ?
Do of course remember that Israel will not accept a ceasefire unless the rocket fired by Hamas , who by the way Don't seem particularly concerned about the loss of civilian life , come to an immediate end.


The ball is clearly in Israel's court. They are the only ones who could end the conflict, but they do not want to. I am afraid that it is the Israeli's that want the conflict to continue, because it is a fact that their action in the Gaza Strip will only motivate HAMAS and other Palestinians to continue their rocket attacks on Israel.

The Palestinians have been under constant siege. They are unable to trade, and even the passage of vital medicines into Gaza is severely restricted. They have a GDP output of $600.00 per capita, ranking the Palestinians people amongst the most impoverished in the world.

I have read that the early Zionists were in actual fact looking at Cyprus as an option of declaring their state. If this occurred, and Jews were migrating to Cyprus buying all the land and then enforcing all Cypriots into enclaves about the size of the British SBAs, then I am positive the Cypriots would behave in much the same way as the Palestinians are today. If the Jews had stolen all our lands and dignity, then you are left with no option but to fight and resist.

My dear friend , can you please try and explain why is it that the Israelis are at war in Gaza at the moment , why the blockade , why the wall.

Please try and explain what you think is the reason , and do try to leave out such rubbish like the Jews wanting Cyprus as their promised land.
Israel exists , that is an indisputable irrefutable fact . How can this existence be at peace with the Palestinians .
How do you think the Israeli public would respond if Israel at war in Gaza at the moment was purely there for any other reason that stopping the daily barrage of rockets launched by Hamas.
What would you do if you were the Israeli Prime Minister.


Rubbish like jews wantingCyprus as their promised land?
Oh really?
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jso ... yprus.html

Israel exists - so does trnc which is not internationally recognised - just like the illegally occupied parts of Palestine are not recognised as israeli territory.

Instead of killing innocent Palestinians israel should offer to negotiate the return of illegally held territory and abandon the West Bank settlements - peace would ensue.

Some effort Jerry , just over 100 Jews trying to colonize Cyprus: "In 1901 the Jewish population of the island was 63 males and 56 females. In 1902, Theodore Herzl introduced the idea of establishing Cyprus as the “Jewish Homeland.”

I will pose the question again , what do you think Israel's reaction to the attacks by Hamas ought to have been . Should the Israelis not have launched an attack against Hamas, the Islamic extremist group that rules Gaza, to stop it launching rockets against Israel’s southern cities, should they have not built the wall to stop , which they have , the suicide attacks that were a daily occurrence ? Should they dismantle the state of Israel and run , because it appears to me the anti Israeli brigade is totaly in concurrence with the ideology of the fanatics of Hamas , Hezbollah , Al Qaeda and every other ultra extremist Islamic fundamentalist organization.
These are the fanatics who are causing immense damage to their people , who have brought death and destruction upon the innocents by refusing to accept that negotiations are the only option not rhetoric calling for the destruction of Israel with a good measure of rockets aimlessly launched at Israel , the rockets are not effective but allow them to continue and they will be deadly.

BREAKING NEWS : THE mastermind of Hamas’s long-range rocket attacks on Israel was killed yesterday in an airstrike, according to Israeli military sources.

Amir Mansi, an engineer who commanded cells responsible for firing Grad rockets supplied by Iran, died after coming under attack from a helicopter.
""
The position is now open , GR..ad might be a suitable candidate wouldn't you say !!!!
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16349
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Postby Jerry » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:24 pm

Milti, you posed the question again, you obviously did not read or understand my last sentance.
Here it is again,
Instead of killing innocent Palestinians israel should offer to negotiate the return of illegally held territory and abandon the West Bank settlements - peace would ensue
Jerry
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4638
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 12:29 pm
Location: UK

Postby Paphitis » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:33 pm

Jerry wrote:
miltiades wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
miltiades wrote:Any suggestions how this war can be brought to a swift end to save further loss of life ?
Do of course remember that Israel will not accept a ceasefire unless the rocket fired by Hamas , who by the way Don't seem particularly concerned about the loss of civilian life , come to an immediate end.


The ball is clearly in Israel's court. They are the only ones who could end the conflict, but they do not want to. I am afraid that it is the Israeli's that want the conflict to continue, because it is a fact that their action in the Gaza Strip will only motivate HAMAS and other Palestinians to continue their rocket attacks on Israel.

The Palestinians have been under constant siege. They are unable to trade, and even the passage of vital medicines into Gaza is severely restricted. They have a GDP output of $600.00 per capita, ranking the Palestinians people amongst the most impoverished in the world.

I have read that the early Zionists were in actual fact looking at Cyprus as an option of declaring their state. If this occurred, and Jews were migrating to Cyprus buying all the land and then enforcing all Cypriots into enclaves about the size of the British SBAs, then I am positive the Cypriots would behave in much the same way as the Palestinians are today. If the Jews had stolen all our lands and dignity, then you are left with no option but to fight and resist.

My dear friend , can you please try and explain why is it that the Israelis are at war in Gaza at the moment , why the blockade , why the wall.

Please try and explain what you think is the reason , and do try to leave out such rubbish like the Jews wanting Cyprus as their promised land.
Israel exists , that is an indisputable irrefutable fact . How can this existence be at peace with the Palestinians .
How do you think the Israeli public would respond if Israel at war in Gaza at the moment was purely there for any other reason that stopping the daily barrage of rockets launched by Hamas.
What would you do if you were the Israeli Prime Minister.


Rubbish like jews wantingCyprus as their promised land?
Oh really?
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jso ... yprus.html

Israel exists - so does trnc which is not internationally recognised - just like the illegally occupied parts of Palestine are not recognised as israeli territory.

Instead of killing innocent Palestinians israel should offer to negotiate the return of illegally held territory and abandon the West Bank settlements - peace would ensue.


Fantastic Link Jerry!

It is about time Miltiades realised that Cyprus was an option for the Jewish Promised State.

His argument is quite flawed, because he is supporting the right of Israel to exist upon land which does not belong to them. If the Zionists did in fact create their state in Cyprus, would Miltiades still support the right of this state to exist?

Here is a quote obtained from your interesting link:
In 1902, Theodore Herzl introduced the idea of establishing Cyprus as the “Jewish Homeland.” This idea was presented in a pamphlet to the Parliamentary committee on alien immigration in London, bearing the title "The Problem of Jewish Immigration to England and the United States Solved by Furthering the Jewish Colonization of Cyprus."


And if Israel has the right to exist on stolen territories which were not included in the UN General Assembly resolution 181 approved on 29 Nov 1947, then one can quite easily draw very disastrous paralells to Cyprus and the illegal "trnc".

These are the legal borders of Israel, as determined by the UN General Assembly in 1947:

Image
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20997
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Postby miltiades » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:45 pm

Jerry wrote:Milti, you posed the question again, you obviously did not read or understand my last sentance.
Here it is again,
Instead of killing innocent Palestinians israel should offer to negotiate the return of illegally held territory and abandon the West Bank settlements - peace would ensue

They will not do so until Hamas and the Palestinians sign a peace treaty , like Egypt did, recognizing the right of Israel to exist.
Israel came out of Gaza more than 3 years ago .
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16349
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Postby saravakos » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:58 pm

miltiades wrote:
saravakos wrote:Israel break Lebanon ceasefire...did you hear about it?? Of course not

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2006/aug20 ... -a21.shtml

Israel breaks Gaza ceasefire...still think Hamas broke it first?? Wakey wakey...lets see what you have to say now as Hamas are clearly protecting themselves, no?

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/ ... 61,00.html
http://electronicintifada.net/v2/article9937.shtml

It puzzles me as to why Israel breaks ceasefires as Saravacos points above. Does it by any chance have anything to do with stopping rocket attacks aimed indiscriminately at its southern cities, or do they just decide to go Pale bashing for a giggle.!!
This nation will not remain idle and accept that Hamas has a right to launch rockets against it.

Are you being serious now?? Can you not actually see that Israel broke the ceasefire first and the rockets were a REACTION to that?!

Ksipna file! and smell the coffee as the englezi say.
User avatar
saravakos
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 770
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:27 am
Location: N London

Postby miltiades » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:06 pm

saravakos wrote:
miltiades wrote:
saravakos wrote:Israel break Lebanon ceasefire...did you hear about it?? Of course not

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2006/aug20 ... -a21.shtml

Israel breaks Gaza ceasefire...still think Hamas broke it first?? Wakey wakey...lets see what you have to say now as Hamas are clearly protecting themselves, no?

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/ ... 61,00.html
http://electronicintifada.net/v2/article9937.shtml

It puzzles me as to why Israel breaks ceasefires as Saravacos points above. Does it by any chance have anything to do with stopping rocket attacks aimed indiscriminately at its southern cities, or do they just decide to go Pale bashing for a giggle.!!
This nation will not remain idle and accept that Hamas has a right to launch rockets against it.

Are you being serious now?? Can you not actually see that Israel broke the ceasefire first and the rockets were a REACTION to that?!

Ksipna file! and smell the coffee as the englezi say.

OK OXIPNE , tell us why Israel is breaking the ceasefire just out of the blue, go on then and do your best mate !
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16349
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests