The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Is this just hype or true, cos its huge for Limassol...

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Postby Cap » Sat May 28, 2011 6:45 pm

denizaksulu wrote:Is that what used to be Metaxas square
.?


Yup.
User avatar
Cap
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6808
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Cypriot Empire

Postby denizaksulu » Sat May 28, 2011 6:46 pm

I hope they don't do a Vienna to the Walls of Nicosia. Cultural vandalism that was. :?
User avatar
denizaksulu
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 36050
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 11:04 am

Postby Cap » Sat May 28, 2011 6:54 pm

denizaksulu wrote:I hope they don't do a Vienna to the Walls of Nicosia. Cultural vandalism that was. :?
a Vienna?
User avatar
Cap
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6808
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Cypriot Empire

Postby denizaksulu » Sat May 28, 2011 7:38 pm

Cap wrote:
denizaksulu wrote:I hope they don't do a Vienna to the Walls of Nicosia. Cultural vandalism that was. :?
a Vienna?


It was said that when Napoleons armies entered the Austria-Hungarian capital, Vienna, he razed the Walls ( which had kept thE Turks out) to the ground. The Walls were the pride and joy of thAustrians. He intended to break their spirit. Of course he also had other excuses too. I had made plans to visit Vienna to see these famous fortifications. It was a hobby of mine. That's why I love Famgusta so much. Well preserved (just about).

I would hate the same fate to befall Nicosia,s Walls.
User avatar
denizaksulu
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 36050
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 11:04 am

Postby Mikiko » Sat May 28, 2011 9:12 pm

I hope after they finish all these great projects to construct an underground train ! It is the most in demand at present.
User avatar
Mikiko
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 368
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:18 am
Location: Λευκωσία .

Postby Cap » Sat May 28, 2011 9:59 pm

Mikiko wrote:I hope after they finish all these great projects to construct an underground train ! It is the most in demand at present.


Oh its coming. Whether its wanted or not.
Population growth will dictate one of 2 certainties. Up or Down.
User avatar
Cap
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6808
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Cypriot Empire

Postby denizaksulu » Sat May 28, 2011 10:46 pm

Cap wrote:
Mikiko wrote:I hope after they finish all these great projects to construct an underground train ! It is the most in demand at present.


Oh its coming. Whether its wanted or not.
Population growth will dictate one of 2 certainties. Up or Down.


The blackbeards love the metro. :lol:
User avatar
denizaksulu
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 36050
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 11:04 am

Postby kurupetos » Sun May 29, 2011 11:50 am

denizaksulu wrote:
Cap wrote:
Mikiko wrote:I hope after they finish all these great projects to construct an underground train ! It is the most in demand at present.


Oh its coming. Whether its wanted or not.
Population growth will dictate one of 2 certainties. Up or Down.


The blackbeards love the metro. :lol:


The karashakals? :lol:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17911
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: Is this just hype or true, cos its huge for Limassol...

Postby Cap » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:43 pm

Nicosia modernization....... day by day.

Image
User avatar
Cap
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6808
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Cypriot Empire

Re: Is this just hype or true, cos its huge for Limassol...

Postby bill cobbett » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:24 pm

Don't like the look of those anti-parking posts on the pavement.
User avatar
bill cobbett
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 15760
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:20 pm
Location: Embargoed from Kyrenia by Jurkish Army and Genocided (many times) by Thieving, Brain-Washed Lordo

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest