The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Occupy The Buffer Zone

How can we solve it? (keep it civilized)

Re: Occupy The Buffer Zone

Postby B25 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:11 pm

halil wrote:


He was beaten up and then taken under the so-called custody with no rightful reasons


Were you present at the time of this incident? If not, did you get a statement from the police for the reason? If not, then STFU.

Prime Minister İrsen Küçük has strongly reacted against the unjust attitude of the Greek Cypriot police against a TRNC citizen


So he had a reaction for just 1 alleged incident against a suspect TC. What is his reaction to the unjust action towards the 200,000 GC refugees booted out of their homes, to Solomos Solomou, to Issac (beaten to death in full view)? You are just plain F hypocrites, why didn't your army invade again, the all powerfull NATOs best. Full of shit thats what you are.

Give us the independent link to this story, not the illegal Baycrap version.
User avatar
B25
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6067
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:03 pm
Location: ** Classified **

Re: Occupy The Buffer Zone

Postby bill cobbett » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:11 pm

repulsewarrior wrote:...is the Occupation still there?


Yes file, deffo mate, they are still there, ReUnited Free CY Still Stands...!!!!

They've re-grouped, taken strength from the publicity of last night, tended to their bruises and their wounded after the Police Brutality, attracted more people to take a stand and tonight there will be a Rembetiko Music Night in celebration .

The injury that required hospitalisation was to someone described as being a Brit who jumped from a second floor window to after being attacked by the MADD and Nicosia Police. His to her condition unknown.

This afternoon there were preps to by the Police to end the Occupy, but people turned up in support and the police backed off.

The Occupiers wrote 2 hours ago on this...

Police in riot gear came and where threatening to use violence to force us completely outside the buffer-zone. But many friends of OBZ showed up and they changed their mind. Riot police have now left the area.

General Assembly is starting right now!

Rempetiko tonight starts around 9:00pm

Come Occupy the Buffer Zone with us!!!!
User avatar
bill cobbett
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 15760
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:20 pm
Location: Embargoed from Kyrenia by Jurkish Army and Genocided (many times) by Thieving, Brain-Washed Lordo

Re: Occupy The Buffer Zone

Postby repulsewarrior » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:49 pm

halil wrote:How about latest event in Pyla(PİLE) village Billy Boy ?

Turkish Cypriot army was going to intervene to GC police action towards to TC man......

50-year-old citizen Kerim Ali Yahi was stopped by the Greek Cypriot police while driving in Pile.

He was beaten up and then taken under the so-called custody with no rightful reasons

''Everyone must know that our security forces are ready to intervene in the event of repetition of such unjust acts” this warring was from TC side......he was freed after the warning

TRNC PM Küçük, together with members of his cabinet, paid a visit to the mixed village today, to show the government’s support to TRNC citizens residing there............Prime Minister İrsen Küçük has strongly reacted against the unjust attitude of the Greek Cypriot police against a TRNC citizen in the mixed village of Pile.

Pile is under the UN controlled village where TC's and GC's lives mixed in the village.


...halil, what does this have to do with the topic?
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7588
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: Occupy The Buffer Zone

Postby bill cobbett » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:18 am

Latest report on the events of last night is from the Mail ... http://www.cyprus-mail.com/cyprus/tensi ... d/20120408

A report which writes of a number of allegations against the Nicosia Police including one by a 19yo woman of sexual assault by police officers, by others that excessive force was used and other allegations by a legal expert from Nicosia Uni that the Nicosia police had acted with unlawful use of force and other human rights violations.
User avatar
bill cobbett
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 15760
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:20 pm
Location: Embargoed from Kyrenia by Jurkish Army and Genocided (many times) by Thieving, Brain-Washed Lordo

Re: Occupy The Buffer Zone

Postby wyoming cowboy » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:48 am

bill cobbett wrote:Latest report on the events of last night is from the Mail ... http://www.cyprus-mail.com/cyprus/tensi ... d/20120408

A report which writes of a number of allegations against the Nicosia Police including one by a 19yo woman of sexual assault by police officers, by others that excessive force was used and other allegations by a legal expert from Nicosia Uni that the Nicosia police had acted with unlawful use of force and other human rights violations.



Well Bill, this is a good test for the Gc, if these allegations against the sexual misconduct and baton beating of a Tc boy, then these MMAD soldiers should be taken into custody and tried, what do you think?
User avatar
wyoming cowboy
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1756
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:15 am

Re: Occupy The Buffer Zone

Postby yialousa1971 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:32 pm

Good work by the Police. :wink: :D
User avatar
yialousa1971
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 5811
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:55 pm
Location: With my friends on the Cyprus forum

Re: Occupy The Buffer Zone

Postby bill cobbett » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:04 am

wyoming cowboy wrote:
bill cobbett wrote:Latest report on the events of last night is from the Mail ... http://www.cyprus-mail.com/cyprus/tensi ... d/20120408

A report which writes of a number of allegations against the Nicosia Police including one by a 19yo woman of sexual assault by police officers, by others that excessive force was used and other allegations by a legal expert from Nicosia Uni that the Nicosia police had acted with unlawful use of force and other human rights violations.



Well Bill, this is a good test for the Gc, if these allegations against the sexual misconduct and baton beating of a Tc boy, then these MMAD soldiers should be taken into custody and tried, what do you think?


Well given that it has come to light that the owners of the building in question, Kykko Monastery, have not made any complaints about the building being used think we have to question on what legal grounds dozens of Police and MADD had to carry out this operation as well as the manner in which it was conducted.

Fear it's another example of Nicosia Police thinking they are above the law and further, given that the Mayor of Nicosia was very quick to praise the operation, wouldn't any sensible person come to the conclusion that something had been long planned.
User avatar
bill cobbett
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 15760
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:20 pm
Location: Embargoed from Kyrenia by Jurkish Army and Genocided (many times) by Thieving, Brain-Washed Lordo

Re: Occupy The Buffer Zone

Postby humanist » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:23 am

If they Mayor of Nicosia praised the operation, they should be stood down.

Wasn't this the same mayor who was standing around saying that they want to make Lefkosia a multicultural and artistic city?

GC's as VP says are mongrols and we show it each step of the way.
User avatar
humanist
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6585
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:46 am

Re: Occupy The Buffer Zone

Postby bill cobbett » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:09 am

Update on the situation over in the BZ Occupy...

The Occupy has been hampered by the eviction by the Rough and Legally Dubious tactics of the Nic Police from the building on the corner of Kykko and Ledras this past Friday night. The building had been unused since 1963 when it formed part of the front-line in The Troubles. The protesters had cleaned out all those years of rubbish, replaced doors and windows and re-painted, turning the building in to a valuable resource accommodating an internet cafe, radio station studio and meeting and sleeping rooms. All was trashed by the events of Friday night.

... so The Occupy continues in the open, in the BZ at the top end of Ledras as before.

The "United Cyprus" Joint Platform of Teachers have joined many others in condemning the violent and brutish methods of the Nicosia Police and they will be holding a Press Conference tomorrow 11th April at 11am at the Buffer Zone to express their condemnation of the Nicosia Police and to voice their continued support for the Occupy.

On Thursday 12th April a Protest Gathering (with music promised) in support of the 29 protesters arrested during the rampage by Nicosia Police is planned for Eleftheria Sq at 4pm.
User avatar
bill cobbett
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 15760
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:20 pm
Location: Embargoed from Kyrenia by Jurkish Army and Genocided (many times) by Thieving, Brain-Washed Lordo

Re: Occupy The Buffer Zone

Postby wyoming cowboy » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:01 am

bill cobbett wrote:
wyoming cowboy wrote:
bill cobbett wrote:Latest report on the events of last night is from the Mail ... http://www.cyprus-mail.com/cyprus/tensi ... d/20120408

A report which writes of a number of allegations against the Nicosia Police including one by a 19yo woman of sexual assault by police officers, by others that excessive force was used and other allegations by a legal expert from Nicosia Uni that the Nicosia police had acted with unlawful use of force and other human rights violations.



Well Bill, this is a good test for the Gc, if these allegations against the sexual misconduct and baton beating of a Tc boy, then these MMAD soldiers should be taken into custody and tried, what do you think?


Well given that it has come to light that the owners of the building in question, Kykko Monastery, have not made any complaints about the building being used think we have to question on what legal grounds dozens of Police and MADD had to carry out this operation as well as the manner in which it was conducted.

Fear it's another example of Nicosia Police thinking they are above the law and further, given that the Mayor of Nicosia was very quick to praise the operation, wouldn't any sensible person come to the conclusion that something had been long planned.


bill, i too have noticed that the police in cyprus in certain areas think that they are above the law.....im glad someone else agrees....one of the aspects of cyprus that really gets under my skin.....
User avatar
wyoming cowboy
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1756
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:15 am

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus Problem

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests