The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


The war against Syria

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Re: The war against Syria

Postby supporttheunderdog » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:44 am

Robin Hood wrote:TD:
Provide it please, dictator lovers!


You know my soft spot ....... happy to oblige. :roll:

One small ray of hope shines through for me in this sorry and dangerous affair. I have long had a gut feeling that Putin is behind the resurgence of fascism in the West and that slimebags like Farage, LePen and Wilders were his running dogs, with their movements partly bankrolled by Putin. However, there has been no evidence.


So ‘without evidence’ it is simply your opinion? In brief .... bullsh*t? :roll:

Suddenly, this sorry event is flushing out and exposing who the stooges are. Unlike this part of the world, where Putin seems to be regarded as an Orthodox saint who can do no wrong, thinking people in the West (Presumably that is how you see yourself, YES?) :lol: - and there are quite a lot of us as evidenced by the 48% who saw through the lies of the 'MSM' and did not for the suicide of Brexit - see Putin as being a dangerous tyrant (?) with territorial ambitions (?) who is hostile to the West (?), and many of us see his intervention in the Middle East (You mean Syria, he isn’t fighting anywhere else unlike the US coalition)!) being equally responsible for the misery (?) that has been wrought on that region as the neo-imperialist intervention by Western powers. :lol: :lol: :lol:


Sorry Pal, you’ve got it all wrong again ............ this war is on the US coalitions tab .......... not Russia’s!

So without any evidence to offer it is simply your opinion once again? You would rather see Syria as a Muslim Caliphate? I wonder what the Syrians would say to that proposal?
I was following a thread beneath an article at the Guardian yesterday, and noticed everybody there was immediately pouncing on the obvious paid Putin stooges (?) and exposing them as such.


Did you get their membership numbers? It was that obvious ? To you maybe but then you have a just a slight ant-Russia/Putin bias ...... so you would draw that conclusion. :roll:

I expect them, if there are any, to have a far easier time on this Putin-worshiping forum, but who cares. If so, what is the point of this post? I just felt like putting the cat among the pigeons for a bit of amusement. Provide it please, dictator lovers!


Has it ever occurred to you that thinking people like those on the forum have a broader view than you do and draw different conclusions because of that? Definitely ....... you are a Paphitis ghost writer (BOT?) ........ it is the sort of unfounded, twaddle he would post ....... and he never needed any evidence to support it either! :lol:


Several (thinking) Russians of my aquaintance think Putin might be behind the St Petersburg bombing. There is some evidence some attrocities in Russia may have been committed by the FSB, but It provides an excuse to justify repression in the run up to the Russian presidential elections. My son, a Moscovite, despises him, but complains the alternatives are likely worse.

I am btw aware of conflicting views of the start of the Syrian Civil war, where one alterntive identifies that large numbers of guns had been smuggled in to for Moslem extemists to use against Assad, seen as a heretic by some. The story of the start in Daraa likewise has an alterntive, namely that Asssad had ordered the release of the detained boys, and sacked the local governor, snd it was extremist rooftop snipers, using the smuggled guns, who opened fire on the police and (and possibly the crowd in a false flag) that started the violence that lead to the war.
User avatar
supporttheunderdog
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8158
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:03 pm
Location: limassol

Re: The war against Syria

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:51 am

supporttheunderdog wrote: I think there is a lot of Truth in what you say about him funding many of the extreme nationlist movements.


At least Tim had the decency to state there is "no evidence" behind his feelings. For you, your 'feelings' are dispersed as some kind of truth with a capital "T". Again, this serves as vital 'evidence' behind all the false news you push.
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8946
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: The war against Syria

Postby yialousa1971 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:56 am

Q: Where are 36 "missed" Tomahawk crusise missiles?

A: S-400 Triumph shot them.


Tactical and technical characteristics of the S-400 "Triumph":

Number of simultaneously fired targets -36


Image
User avatar
yialousa1971
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 5811
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:55 pm
Location: With my friends on the Cyprus forum

Re: The war against Syria

Postby Londonrake » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:16 pm

It does of course help. If you get a phone call to let you know they're coming. :lol:
Londonrake
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 625
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: The war against Syria

Postby Robin Hood » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:51 pm

Londonrake wrote:It does of course help. If you get a phone call to let you know they're coming. :lol:


I told you that I thought you were underestimating the Russians capability. 30 minute warning or not, if that loss was even partially due to an S-400 .......... that is pretty impressive? :roll: :wink: :D

The US will never admit to the loss of course ...... they would lose face! :lol:
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2510
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: The war against Syria

Postby Robin Hood » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:05 pm

The US says 58 hit their targets, the Russians say 23 so they disagree. :roll:

Looking at the US and Russian drone footage ...... either the Tomahawk is a very ineffective weapon or the Russians are nearer the mark? The photos show very little damage and obviously only to fixed installations and the airfield is already back in action. They indicate nowhere near 58 strikes on or around the airfield and the runways were both undamaged.

The raid was obviously planned some time ago, maybe 2013 with updated intelligence applied. The S-400 is obviously designed to deal with a swarm of missiles which this was, although I have no idea over what period of time the 59 Tomahawks were launched. So I suppose it is possible, in which case the S-400 is obviously every bit what it has been cracked up to be. :roll:

As the US missiles struck several weapons stores, I wonder if there has been any release of chemical weapon gases ..... chlorine/Sarin? :?:

The Russians are now telling the Americans to provide the proof to the UN that it was actually Assad that was responsible. Maybe something Trump should have done before he launched an attack? As I see it, if he can’t provide some proof to substantiate his claim it was Assad, then he has committed an act of war. I think Russia knows Assad was not responsible and that the suggestion that the ammunition warehouse the Syrians hit, contained chemical weapons, was the more likely reason for the chemicals release. The Turks are saying they have proof of the use of Sarin ...... mixed with chlorine! Very strange mix ........... unless of course they were both held in the same storage facility?

Just a thought ..... no evidence to support it; Is Trump being set up by his US political opponents in the Senate/Deep State, to take the rap when he can’t provide sufficient evidence to satisfy the rest of the world his actions were legal so that he can then be impeached? I suppose he should then be charged with war crimes ..... but I can’t see that happening. It didn’t with Bush-n-Blair! All the coalition supporters are then complicit in a war crime ...... according to Fallon’s thinking! :wink:
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2510
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: The war against Syria

Postby Londonrake » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:42 pm

Robin Hood wrote:
Londonrake wrote:It does of course help. If you get a phone call to let you know they're coming. :lol:


I told you that I thought you were underestimating the Russians capability. 30 minute warning or not, if that loss was even partially due to an S-400 .......... that is pretty impressive? :roll: :wink: :D

The US will never admit to the loss of course ...... they would lose face! :lol:


I don't think they actually did. Conversely, the Russians and Syrians would always of course have said "Attack, what attack?" :wink:

The results, whichever stance you take (and TBH, the satellite pics look pretty graphic) are totally irrelevant. It was a m e s s a g e. :wink:

BTW. The airfield isn't "back in action". They've flown a few aircraft off the surviving runway as a PR stunt. The infrastructure of what comprises an operationally active airfield is toast. :lol:

Funny, how the "rebels" apparently have so many of these chemical weapons. However, they never seem to use them against the regime. They only murder their own people with them.Image

Perhaps it's just cynical ole me?
Londonrake
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 625
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: The war against Syria

Postby Robin Hood » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:34 pm

LR:
Funny, how the "rebels" apparently have so many of these chemical weapons. However, they never seem to use them against the regime. They only murder their own people with them.

Perhaps it's just cynical ole me?


Oh but they do! But they do not have the means to deliver them over a distance, they are limited to something around 2km so the targets are always civilians in government controlled areas, such as western Aleppo. This is what blew the Ghouta accusation apart that it was Assad's troops that fired the rocket. The nearest SAA base was 7km away from where the missile that contained traces of Sarin, fell (.... there was only one) but experts on the design and capability of these rockets showed that the range of it was no more than 2km. This shifted the figure of blame toward the 'rebels' as being more the likely culprits.

Anyway, when events like this happen, and there were several in Aleppo, they were never reported in the Western Media. RT did show a video where you see a rebel rocket strike a maternity hospital and the cloud of yellow gas was very obvious ..... but it was never shown on BBC or CNN. Its like when the US bombed Mosul and accidentally killed 230 civilians recently, it did not surface for several days and when it did the Media just showed US Military spokesperson saying it was too early to make a judgement and that a thorough investigation would determine the facts. Seems that no such investigation is required when the accusations are coming FROM the US? That incident was played down ...... this recent event was ramped up!

Or maybe it is just me being cynical ......... and seeing double standards and hypocrisy where there is none? :roll:
Robin Hood
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2510
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: The war against Syria

Postby Londonrake » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:01 pm

I can't speak for Tim but certainly, in my case. I have absolutely no intention of filling the obvious vacuum that your mate Paphotis has left. It was made clear to me when I first dipped my toe into these waters that opinions outwith those supportive of the company line on this particular subject are virulently not welcome. Putin is God. Anyone with a different perspective is apparently a "CUNT". :roll:

Whilst it may be comfortable to post to a gathering of admiring and supportive acolytes (reminds me of those pictures of all the military "suits" surrounding Kim Jong-un that seem to always have little pads and pencils, in order to write down his sermons) I'm not sure that it's ultimately a good thing for a "Chat" Forum.

I notice that the tone of exchanges with Tim in this area have already taken the usual acrimonious path to "shoot down". Although I have no doubt Tim is Wiley enough to back off long before that inevitable situation comes about.

So - bailing out of this particular one I think. Which I actually didn't intend to get into. Story of my bleedin' life! :( :wink:
Londonrake
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 625
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: The war against Syria

Postby supporttheunderdog » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:19 pm

I have no particular liking for Assad or his regime, nor for Putin, but I would not dismiss his allegations out of hand....

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-39588876

There was a well argued case that the previous gas attacks involved Sarin coming from Turkey and held by Anti Assad forces.
User avatar
supporttheunderdog
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8158
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:03 pm
Location: limassol

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests