The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


August 14, 1974 ΔEN ΞEXNΩ!!!

Benefits and problems from the EU membership.

Re: August 14, 1974 ΔEN ΞEXNΩ!!!

Postby Mapko » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:58 pm

Get Real! wrote:
Mapko wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
Mapko wrote:So if you are a Cypriot through and through, like it or not, you are inherently Greek - or Turkic.

That’s what they taught you at the Greek sponsored gymnasium but if you could think for yourself all these years you would’ve wondered what the hell happened to the Cypriots if everyone here is Greek! :lol:

Most people are extremely easy to mold into anything you want. All it takes is to get full control of their education system and you could have them convinced that they are Chinese settlers even and therefore “Cypro-Chinese”, I’d say within two decades!

Greece had 100% control of Cyprus’ education system for decades and could therefore inject any self-serving stories they wanted into the minds of many generations of graduates. Of course, there is no excuse for buying foreign baloney once you reach a certain age and can think for yourself if only you tap into that ability...



This is nothing to do with what has been taught, where and by who - this is the way things are. The Cypriots are Greek - apart from the Cypriots who yoelded to the Turkic soldiers after they were given land on the island for conquering it.

Really? Is that your argument? That's totally absurd! Do the Cypriots look Chinese? Do they speak Chinese? Do they eat Chinese? Is their religion Buddhism or Taoism? Is their national anthem the same as the Chinese one?

I have done exactly what you've suggested which is why am pro-Hellenes.

Like I said, if only you tap into that ability... because repeating someone else’s mantra only proves that you can't think for yourself.



Get Real...Like I said, I have checked up on many different and reliable sources and come to my own conclusions. Whose mantra am I conveying? The mantra of a school in Salford? I doubt it.
Mapko
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:58 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: August 14, 1974 ΔEN ΞEXNΩ!!!

Postby Me Ed » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:04 pm

Mapko wrote:
Me Ed wrote:Mapko,

I see you have now resorted to half-assed conspiracy theories but I'm used to hearing that everyone was to blame for the Cyprus problem except for the Greek wannabes.

Historically, Cyprus has never been ruled by Athens and even the Church of Cyprus (formed AD 431) is more senior and completely separate from the relatively new Church of Greece (formed AD 1833).

OXI to Athens rule!
OXI to subordinating Cyprus to Greece!



Me Ed...Are you trying to tell me that the CIA - amongst other secret organisations of the world - does not inflitrate the governments and regimes of other countries to alter the course to their own agendas? It's been stated as fact that this happens. Please read up on these - they are not conspiracy theories - they are actual events that take place in the world today.

Yes, I agree with the Church of Cyprus out-dating the Church of Greece, but your argument isn't convincing and you've picked up on one small point I made. Desperation springs to mind.

No, I don't want to be ruled by Athens and I don't want to be subordinate to anyone - I just want the country to be recognised for what it is, a Greek country.
It seems it always has to be that Cyprus is to be governed by a greater power and I would rather that power be Greece than Turkic or British.

The "hellenic republic of cyprus" is as offensive as the "turkish republic of northern cyprus".
User avatar
Me Ed
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1787
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:24 pm
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Re: August 14, 1974 ΔEN ΞEXNΩ!!!

Postby Get Real! » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:22 pm

Mapko wrote:Get Real...Like I said, I have checked up on many different and reliable sources and come to my own conclusions. Whose mantra am I conveying? The mantra of a school in Salford? I doubt it.

So according to your reliable sources what the hell happened to the Cypriots if everyone here is Greek?
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40380
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: August 14, 1974 ΔEN ΞEXNΩ!!!

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:40 pm

Get Real! wrote:
Mapko wrote:Get Real...Like I said, I have checked up on many different and reliable sources and come to my own conclusions. Whose mantra am I conveying? The mantra of a school in Salford? I doubt it.

So according to your reliable sources what the hell happened to the Cypriots if everyone here is Greek?


What happened to the Cypriots from which historical time point, GR!? The majority Cypriots of the present day are Greek. Scions of Cyprus! Some of these Greek natives of Cyprus have been forcefully removed from their historical territories in the north. That is the problem under discussion on this thread.
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8945
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: August 14, 1974 ΔEN ΞEXNΩ!!!

Postby Mapko » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:14 pm

Me Ed...You find 'The Hellenic Republic of Cyprus' offensive yet I've never known you to complain about Cyprus being 'owned' by the guarantor powers of Greece, Britain and Turkey!
Actually, I quite like the sound of that - The Hellenic Republic of Cyprus. It has a certain ring to it (and I'm not trolling, either).

Get Real...The Cypriots are still there. They have their own culture - a sub-culture, if you like (and that's not meant disrespectfully). Can't you see the similarities between Cyprus and any other island that's affiliated to a larger nation? Cretans are Greek, but they have their own Cretan culture that they would die for. They are Cretan first and Greek second. That's what I'm trying to convey - Greek Cypriots are Cypriot first and Greek second. There's no way I'd try to disrespect, disadvantage, diminsh or belittle Cyprus, her people, her heritage and her culture, but I believe there is room for another great culture to thrive alongside it.
Mapko
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:58 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: August 14, 1974 ΔEN ΞEXNΩ!!!

Postby Get Real! » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:49 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
Mapko wrote:Get Real...Like I said, I have checked up on many different and reliable sources and come to my own conclusions. Whose mantra am I conveying? The mantra of a school in Salford? I doubt it.

So according to your reliable sources what the hell happened to the Cypriots if everyone here is Greek?


What happened to the Cypriots from which historical time point, GR!? The majority Cypriots of the present day are Greek. Scions of Cyprus! Some of these Greek natives of Cyprus have been forcefully removed from their historical territories in the north. That is the problem under discussion on this thread.

No they are not… they’re not even holders or entitled to Greek passports and/or Greek IDs! :lol:

You see, there is a HUGE difference between perception and reality…

That many people in Cyprus have been brainwashed to think they are Greek is a well known fact but for any one of these people to actually prove beyond any reasonable doubt that they are Greek is not only impossible but improbable!

In fact it is so ludicrous that even if we knew for sure that somebody arrived here from Greece say 500 years ago, his descendants still do NOT qualify as Greeks from the 3rd or 4rth generation onwards let alone a thousand years later!

The problem of those Cypriots who think they are Greek is their FALSE PERCEPTION and nothing more. Nothing that cannot be rectified with a little honest education and by helping them tap into their common sense…
Last edited by Get Real! on Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40380
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: August 14, 1974 ΔEN ΞEXNΩ!!!

Postby Get Real! » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:55 pm

Mapko wrote:Get Real...The Cypriots are still there. They have their own culture - a sub-culture, if you like (and that's not meant disrespectfully). Can't you see the similarities between Cyprus and any other island that's affiliated to a larger nation? Cretans are Greek, but they have their own Cretan culture that they would die for. They are Cretan first and Greek second. That's what I'm trying to convey - Greek Cypriots are Cypriot first and Greek second. There's no way I'd try to disrespect, disadvantage, diminsh or belittle Cyprus, her people, her heritage and her culture, but I believe there is room for another great culture to thrive alongside it.

Mumbo jumbo! :lol:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40380
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: August 14, 1974 ΔEN ΞEXNΩ!!!

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:10 am

Get Real! wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
Mapko wrote:Get Real...Like I said, I have checked up on many different and reliable sources and come to my own conclusions. Whose mantra am I conveying? The mantra of a school in Salford? I doubt it.

So according to your reliable sources what the hell happened to the Cypriots if everyone here is Greek?


What happened to the Cypriots from which historical time point, GR!? The majority Cypriots of the present day are Greek. Scions of Cyprus! Some of these Greek natives of Cyprus have been forcefully removed from their historical territories in the north. That is the problem under discussion on this thread.

No they are not… they’re not even holders or entitled to Greek passports and/or Greek IDs! :lol:

You see, there is a HUGE difference between perception and reality…

That many people in Cyprus have been brainwashed to think they are Greek is a well known fact but for any one of these people to actually prove beyond any reasonable doubt that they are Greek is not only impossible but improbable!

In fact it is so ludicrous that even if we knew for sure that somebody arrived here from Greece say 500 years ago, their descendants still do NOT qualify as Greeks from the 3rd or 4rth generation onwards let alone a thousand years later!

The problem of those Cypriots who think they are Greek is their FALSE PERCEPTION and nothing more. Nothing that cannot be rectified with a little honest education…


Avoiding the question, huh.

Passports, you say, is the criterion? Did these Cypriots (from an age you have yet to pinpoint) possess Cypriot passports? Or are you only interested in Cypriots from 1960 onward? Go on tell us, because you are darting and diving and not answering the questions which show the flaws in your (silly) point of view. There's not a single Greek Cypriot who would be denied a Greek passport if they sought it (you probably already have one with the number of visits you have paid to the motherland. :wink: )
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8945
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: August 14, 1974 ΔEN ΞEXNΩ!!!

Postby Get Real! » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:15 am

GreekIslandGirl wrote:What happened to the Cypriots from which historical time point, GR!?

I was obviously referring to the indigenous Cypriots whose earliest known traces are the ancient Choirokitians from around 8,000BC.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40380
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: August 14, 1974 ΔEN ΞEXNΩ!!!

Postby Get Real! » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:25 am

GreekIslandGirl wrote:Passports, you say, is the criterion? Did these Cypriots (from an age you have yet to pinpoint) possess Cypriot passports? Or are you only interested in Cypriots from 1960 onward? Go on tell us, because you are darting and diving and not answering the questions which show the flaws in your (silly) point of view. There's not a single Greek Cypriot who would be denied a Greek passport if they sought it (you probably already have one with the number of visits you have paid to the motherland. :wink: )

There are no special rules for Greeks Oracle!

No matter where they emigrate once they reach the 3rd or 4rth generation their Greekness is totally out the window forever lost into obscurity… and this applies whether they move to America, Nigeria or Cyprus! It doesn't matter!

So the laughable notion that “Greeks arrived in Cyprus 2000 years ago” not only fails by the lack of any evidence to support it but even if it could be proven... their Greekness NATURALLY EVAPORATED millenniums ago!

:roll:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40380
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus and the European Union

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests