The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


August 14, 1974 ΔEN ΞEXNΩ!!!

Benefits and problems from the EU membership.

Re: August 14, 1974 ΔEN ΞEXNΩ!!!

Postby Get Real! » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:40 pm

barouti wrote:
bill cobbett wrote:ΔEN ΞEXNΩ... !!!


I don't forget either!
[pictures of British oppression and embargo followed]


Barouti, you don't forget the few thousand pounds we lost as a result of a British embargo during 1955-59 but I find it even harder to forget...

1. The overthrowing of our democratically elected government by Greece in 1974 and subsequent 37% loss of territory.

2. Greece enticing the foolish Cypriots into the EU (2001) and later in their domestic market to buy their junk bonds which resulted in Cyprus’ complete financial catastrophe today!

Now tell me… which of these two foreigners has been more catastrophic for Cyprus?
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40387
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: August 14, 1974 ΔEN ΞEXNΩ!!!

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:03 pm

Get Real! wrote:
1. The overthrowing of our democratically elected government by Greece in 1974 and subsequent 37% loss of territory.



Not by Greece, but by an unelected junta and a bunch of renegade GCs.
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8946
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: August 14, 1974 ΔEN ΞEXNΩ!!!

Postby Get Real! » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:04 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
1. The overthrowing of our democratically elected government by Greece in 1974 and subsequent 37% loss of territory.



Not by Greece, but by an unelected junta and a bunch of renegade GCs.

I don't care if they were pirates! They were Greeks weren't they?
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40387
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: August 14, 1974 ΔEN ΞEXNΩ!!!

Postby Get Real! » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:11 pm

We lost 37% of our territory and we have now lost our security and prosperity.

Do you know what the final nail in the coffin will be for Cypriots?

The way things are going it will be a coup d'etat… when the people will have had enough and turn against the government.

Out come the weapons from the caches and all hell breaks loose!

And it’s all thanks to Greece and the Greek lovers!


PS: Today (after the austerity announcements in the news) for the first time my wife and I spoke about the possibility of moving country... :cry:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40387
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: August 14, 1974 ΔEN ΞEXNΩ!!!

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:04 pm

Get Real! wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
1. The overthrowing of our democratically elected government by Greece in 1974 and subsequent 37% loss of territory.



Not by Greece, but by an unelected junta and a bunch of renegade GCs.

I don't care if they were pirates! They were Greeks weren't they?



... yeah, especially the Cypriots.

We've always had internal disputes; we always will. But that is no reason to forgive the Turks for taking advantage of us (even though, that's what they do).
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8946
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: August 14, 1974 ΔEN ΞEXNΩ!!!

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:06 pm

Get Real! wrote:PS: Today (after the austerity announcements in the news) for the first time my wife and I spoke about the possibility of moving country... :cry:


So, were you only ever in Cyprus for economic reasons, GR!?

None of my business, but out of curiosity since you raised the matter, were would someone go if they didn't have any particular love for a country but only wanted economic security?
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8946
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: August 14, 1974 ΔEN ΞEXNΩ!!!

Postby kurupetos » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:35 pm

Get Real! wrote:We lost 37% of our territory and we have now lost our security and prosperity.

Do you know what the final nail in the coffin will be for Cypriots?

The way things are going it will be a coup d'etat… when the people will have had enough and turn against the government.

Out come the weapons from the caches and all hell breaks loose!

And it’s all thanks to Greece and the Greek lovers!


PS: Today (after the austerity announcements in the news) for the first time my wife and I spoke about the possibility of moving country... :cry:

I found you a nice job... :mrgreen:

http://www.freelancer.com/projects/Tran ... eeded.html
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17896
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: August 14, 1974 ΔEN ΞEXNΩ!!!

Postby bill cobbett » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:57 pm

Boys and girls ... and Toffoui...

Can we please try and show some due respect to a ΔEN ΞEXNΩ!!! thread... Really!!!
User avatar
bill cobbett
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 15760
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:20 pm
Location: Embargoed from Kyrenia by Jurkish Army and Genocided (many times) by Thieving, Brain-Washed Lordo

Re: August 14, 1974 ΔEN ΞEXNΩ!!!

Postby B25 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:27 pm

Get Real! wrote:
PS: Today (after the austerity announcements in the news) for the first time my wife and I spoke about the possibility of moving country... :cry:


Bye bye, when you going? Just shut the door on your way out, ta.
User avatar
B25
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6068
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:03 pm
Location: ** Classified **

Re: August 14, 1974 ΔEN ΞEXNΩ!!!

Postby Get Real! » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:36 pm

kurupetos wrote:I found you a nice job... :mrgreen:

http://www.freelancer.com/projects/Tran ... eeded.html

:? You’re crazy man… I told you before that my written Greek is terrible. Anorthographos as they call them!
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40387
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus and the European Union

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests