The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


CYPRIOT'S ATTITUDE TO ANIMALS

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Re: CYPRIOT'S ATTITUDE TO ANIMALS

Postby erolz66 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:52 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote:
Jerry wrote:Cut the "educated" bullshit subbers, there's plenty of information about trapping in Cyprus from different sources if you care to look for them. Try this:-

Mr Kousiounos is a veteran police officer, working for the British base, who led that morning's 12-man Operation Freedom raid against rampant illegal bird trapping.

They saved 40 birds, made two arrests, and confiscated trapping paraphernalia.

But while they may well be smarter than the trappers, Mr Kousiounos says his unit is not large enough to eradicate the scourge. He estimates that there are some 100 ever-shifting trapping sites in Dhekelia - which covers 130.8 square kilometres - while his men can raid no more than a handful on any given morning.

http://www.thenational.ae/news/world/eu ... tory-birds


If ever there was a reason for the British to give up their "Sovereign Base Areas" to the RoC to administer, surely, even you must admit this was it, Jerry? :)

A "rampant" 40 birds saved out of the 3 Million that Erolz claims are caught must surely be something, eh?


This problem can not be eradicated by enforcement, in the SBAs or the RoC or the north. What COULD eradicate this practice out is a generalised change of attitudes of ordinary people - a potential that you with your bs made up propaganda assertions like 'it does not do any damage to endangered species' seek to undermine.
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: CYPRIOT'S ATTITUDE TO ANIMALS

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:55 pm

erolz66 wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:Why don't you show me exactly where you got confused? Because to the more discerning, I was questioning such possibilities:


You did not question if trapping was in fact possible on the SBA's, you literally declared such as 'Unbelievable!'


As I said, you are half-baked. Unable to discern sarcasm as part of ironic questioning of what is believable or unbelievable ...

What's more the article states they caught 1.5 Million birds this way, on the Bases! Mish! My gawd, these Bases must be riddled with hundreds of trappers all the live-long day for them to round up sooooo many birds. Unbelievable!

It's just not true and it doesn't matter how much Milo screams she MUST tell us how sick we are ... sometimes, we can just tell what the Brits are really interested in. :wink:


Even when a wink to help is used!

But it helps your cause to ignore truth and spread your misinterpretations ...

Half-baked.

Not surprising since you believe democracy can be replaced by an authority that knows better ... :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8948
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: CYPRIOT'S ATTITUDE TO ANIMALS

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:58 pm

erolz66 wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:
Jerry wrote:Cut the "educated" bullshit subbers, there's plenty of information about trapping in Cyprus from different sources if you care to look for them. Try this:-

Mr Kousiounos is a veteran police officer, working for the British base, who led that morning's 12-man Operation Freedom raid against rampant illegal bird trapping.

They saved 40 birds, made two arrests, and confiscated trapping paraphernalia.

But while they may well be smarter than the trappers, Mr Kousiounos says his unit is not large enough to eradicate the scourge. He estimates that there are some 100 ever-shifting trapping sites in Dhekelia - which covers 130.8 square kilometres - while his men can raid no more than a handful on any given morning.

http://www.thenational.ae/news/world/eu ... tory-birds


If ever there was a reason for the British to give up their "Sovereign Base Areas" to the RoC to administer, surely, even you must admit this was it, Jerry? :)

A "rampant" 40 birds saved out of the 3 Million that Erolz claims are caught must surely be something, eh?


This problem can not be eradicated by enforcement, in the SBAs or the RoC or the north. What COULD eradicate this practice out is a generalised change of attitudes of ordinary people - a potential that you with your bs made up propaganda assertions like 'it does not do any damage to endangered species' seek to undermine.


Your reply ... to use another of your fave expressions .... is .... "bullshit" ... !

Go on, enforce some "authority" over us that knows better than the demos to tell us what to do, child of Erdogan. :lol:
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8948
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: CYPRIOT'S ATTITUDE TO ANIMALS

Postby Jerry » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:59 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote:
Jerry wrote:Cut the "educated" bullshit subbers, there's plenty of information about trapping in Cyprus from different sources if you care to look for them. Try this:-

Mr Kousiounos is a veteran police officer, working for the British base, who led that morning's 12-man Operation Freedom raid against rampant illegal bird trapping.

They saved 40 birds, made two arrests, and confiscated trapping paraphernalia.

But while they may well be smarter than the trappers, Mr Kousiounos says his unit is not large enough to eradicate the scourge. He estimates that there are some 100 ever-shifting trapping sites in Dhekelia - which covers 130.8 square kilometres - while his men can raid no more than a handful on any given morning.

http://www.thenational.ae/news/world/eu ... tory-birds


If ever there was a reason for the British to give up their "Sovereign Base Areas" to the RoC to administer, surely, even you must admit this was it, Jerry? :)

A "rampant" 40 birds saved out of the 3 Million that Erolz claims are caught must surely be something, eh?


If the ROC undertook to employ more police to counter the trappers then yes, but somehow I doubt they would. Extra police would most likely see their patrols as a social event - rather like the hunters.
Jerry
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4638
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 12:29 pm
Location: UK

Re: CYPRIOT'S ATTITUDE TO ANIMALS

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:06 am

Jerry wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:
Jerry wrote:Cut the "educated" bullshit subbers, there's plenty of information about trapping in Cyprus from different sources if you care to look for them. Try this:-

Mr Kousiounos is a veteran police officer, working for the British base, who led that morning's 12-man Operation Freedom raid against rampant illegal bird trapping.

They saved 40 birds, made two arrests, and confiscated trapping paraphernalia.

But while they may well be smarter than the trappers, Mr Kousiounos says his unit is not large enough to eradicate the scourge. He estimates that there are some 100 ever-shifting trapping sites in Dhekelia - which covers 130.8 square kilometres - while his men can raid no more than a handful on any given morning.

http://www.thenational.ae/news/world/eu ... tory-birds


If ever there was a reason for the British to give up their "Sovereign Base Areas" to the RoC to administer, surely, even you must admit this was it, Jerry? :)

A "rampant" 40 birds saved out of the 3 Million that Erolz claims are caught must surely be something, eh?


If the ROC undertook to employ more police to counter the trappers then yes, but somehow I doubt they would. Extra police would most likely see their patrols as a social event - rather like the hunters.



Yeah, Jerry extra police would be good. I've already pointed out how getting rid of 40,000 Turkish troops and restoring the island to full RoC control might help alleviate some of these measures. But of course, the last thing those profiteers from the occupation want to see is the RoC having full control over the whole island. Hence, why we have this verbal fight on out hands with the likes of Erdogan's child that wants us to do what he believes works according to Erdogan than what the democratic powers prefer.
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8948
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: CYPRIOT'S ATTITUDE TO ANIMALS

Postby Jerry » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:25 am

GreekIslandGirl wrote:
Jerry wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:
Jerry wrote:Cut the "educated" bullshit subbers, there's plenty of information about trapping in Cyprus from different sources if you care to look for them. Try this:-

Mr Kousiounos is a veteran police officer, working for the British base, who led that morning's 12-man Operation Freedom raid against rampant illegal bird trapping.

They saved 40 birds, made two arrests, and confiscated trapping paraphernalia.

But while they may well be smarter than the trappers, Mr Kousiounos says his unit is not large enough to eradicate the scourge. He estimates that there are some 100 ever-shifting trapping sites in Dhekelia - which covers 130.8 square kilometres - while his men can raid no more than a handful on any given morning.

http://www.thenational.ae/news/world/eu ... tory-birds


If ever there was a reason for the British to give up their "Sovereign Base Areas" to the RoC to administer, surely, even you must admit this was it, Jerry? :)

A "rampant" 40 birds saved out of the 3 Million that Erolz claims are caught must surely be something, eh?


If the ROC undertook to employ more police to counter the trappers then yes, but somehow I doubt they would. Extra police would most likely see their patrols as a social event - rather like the hunters.



Yeah, Jerry extra police would be good. I've already pointed out how getting rid of 40,000 Turkish troops and restoring the island to full RoC control might help alleviate some of these measures. But of course, the last thing those profiteers from the occupation want to see is the RoC having full control over the whole island. Hence, why we have this verbal fight on out hands with the likes of Erdogan's child that wants us to do what he believes works according to Erdogan than what the democratic powers prefer.


You certainly know how to go off at a tangent and twist the matter in hand but I'm sorry I'm not going to fall for your pathetic trap.
Jerry
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4638
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 12:29 pm
Location: UK

Re: CYPRIOT'S ATTITUDE TO ANIMALS

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:28 am

Jerry wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:
Jerry wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:
Jerry wrote:Cut the "educated" bullshit subbers, there's plenty of information about trapping in Cyprus from different sources if you care to look for them. Try this:-

Mr Kousiounos is a veteran police officer, working for the British base, who led that morning's 12-man Operation Freedom raid against rampant illegal bird trapping.

They saved 40 birds, made two arrests, and confiscated trapping paraphernalia.

But while they may well be smarter than the trappers, Mr Kousiounos says his unit is not large enough to eradicate the scourge. He estimates that there are some 100 ever-shifting trapping sites in Dhekelia - which covers 130.8 square kilometres - while his men can raid no more than a handful on any given morning.

http://www.thenational.ae/news/world/eu ... tory-birds


If ever there was a reason for the British to give up their "Sovereign Base Areas" to the RoC to administer, surely, even you must admit this was it, Jerry? :)

A "rampant" 40 birds saved out of the 3 Million that Erolz claims are caught must surely be something, eh?


If the ROC undertook to employ more police to counter the trappers then yes, but somehow I doubt they would. Extra police would most likely see their patrols as a social event - rather like the hunters.



Yeah, Jerry extra police would be good. I've already pointed out how getting rid of 40,000 Turkish troops and restoring the island to full RoC control might help alleviate some of these measures. But of course, the last thing those profiteers from the occupation want to see is the RoC having full control over the whole island. Hence, why we have this verbal fight on out hands with the likes of Erdogan's child that wants us to do what he believes works according to Erdogan than what the democratic powers prefer.


You certainly know how to go off at a tangent and twist the matter in hand but I'm sorry I'm not going to fall for your pathetic trap.


Not a trap or tangent at all. You should know by now, I have stated enough times, the only thing I care about (here) is Cyprus being free!

Not good enough a reason? Others might forget why Cyprus matters. I never forget!

What a shame so few of you see how everything matters. :roll:
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8948
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: CYPRIOT'S ATTITUDE TO ANIMALS

Postby erolz66 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:41 am

GreekIslandGirl wrote:
erolz66 wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:Why don't you show me exactly where you got confused? Because to the more discerning, I was questioning such possibilities:


You did not question if trapping was in fact possible on the SBA's, you literally declared such as 'Unbelievable!'


As I said, you are half-baked. Unable to discern sarcasm as part of ironic questioning of what is believable or unbelievable ...


Go ahead GiG - claim that your were in fact being 'ironic' and were not in fact trying to undermine the credibility of reports about illegal trapping in the SBAs by saying that such trapping activity would be impossible, when all you actually showed was your own ignorance of the subject and of your own country. Do go ahead and try and make this claim now because only a cretin would believe it if they read what you actually wrote.

GreekIslandGirl wrote: There's a lot that doesn't ring true about the Bases being used by bird trappers.

Why would anyone, specifically go to the Base areas to set traps? :? They are the most heavily guarded areas of our free territory.

I haven't been that near either of the Bases for years, but they were never easy to get in and out of without being spotted, stopped and asked for credentials etc. So how come so many peasant Cypriots are in and out with huge nets, sophisticated equipment (cars ?) etc constantly defeating these British heavily armed Forces (with their drones and their Nuclear deterrents and their shitloads of weapons they've stashed on our island). :roll:

What's more the article states they caught 1.5 Million birds this way, on the Bases! Mish! My gawd, these Bases must be riddled with hundreds of trappers all the live-long day for them to round up sooooo many birds. Unbelievable!

It's just not true and it doesn't matter how much Milo screams she MUST tell us how sick we are ... sometimes, we can just tell what the Brits are really interested in. :wink:


and

GreekIslandGirl wrote:Still doesn't explain why anyone would go right in front of thousands of British soldiers to do this and nothing you have said has resolved that.


and

GreekIslandGirl wrote:Do you deny there are thousands of British soldiers in the Bases? What are they doing? Sleeping in their barracks? Whilst 1.5 Million birds are trapped in a short period of time! Do you realise how many men coming and going that would require? You're suggesting that thousands of British soldiers, hundreds of Military police are all too stupid and oblivious to hundreds and hundreds of Cypriots coming and going over the Bases, collecting 1.5 million birds, but ever-vigilant-concerned-you have left your GC-owned home in the occupied north and have come down to see this and report it to us


and

GreekIslandGirl wrote: You also said these birds were trapped in firing ranges! Birds do not settle in such noisy places (as I know from the bareness of the Akamas when the Brits did their military exercises there).


and

GreekIslandGirl wrote: - And you're telling me this is a regular ongoing situation and several thousand soldiers and some hundred military police parading round the Bases are not going to spot these people and get rid of them from their highly guarded sites?

Absurd!


So please do try and make out NOW that you merely 'questioned' if illegal trapping was possible on the SBA's in an 'ironic' manner and you were not in fact simply trying to find any way to rubbish the credible reports of this activity in these areas and in doing so were in fact displaying your own ignorance. Tell me this again and anyone else reading. Have you ever tried questioning if anyone is really so stupid that they swallow this kind of BS ? You are revisionist on history that is only a few months old and that is all there and accessible in black and white to all. Incredible !
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: CYPRIOT'S ATTITUDE TO ANIMALS

Postby Jerry » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:43 am

GreekIslandGirl wrote:
Not a trap or tangent at all. You should know by now, I have stated enough times, the only thing I care about (here) is Cyprus being free!

Not good enough a reason? Others might forget why Cyprus matters. I never forget!


So why waste your time with bird talk?
Jerry
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4638
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 12:29 pm
Location: UK

Re: CYPRIOT'S ATTITUDE TO ANIMALS

Postby erolz66 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:46 am

GreekIslandGirl wrote:Go on, enforce some "authority" over us that knows better than the demos to tell us what to do, child of Erdogan. :lol:


What made a real difference to the level of drink driving in the UK was not enforcement in isolation but actually a generalised change in social attitudes that led to drink driving be widely regarded by ordinary people as unacceptable. This is the kind of change that is needed to tackle illegal trapping in Cyprus - all of it. Enforcement alone without this generalised change in attitudes will not work. You would rather work to undermine such a change in attitudes as part of your self appointed role as the mother of righteous Hellenism and defender of a Greek Cyprus on the forum and the 'scourge' of anything you deem 'turk'. Shame on you.
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests