The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


For civilised discussion about Islamic State

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Re: For civilised discussion about Islamic State

Postby miltiades » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:07 pm

boomerang wrote:First of all you are disqualified from this discussion because you never responded to any of the points put to you, you chose rather to go into rant of nothing...

In short you are a shallow man and again you have proven your inability to grasp what was asked of you...then again the complexity of the question was you are undoing...you say you want proof huh?....well milti the people that gave you their vote seemed to vanish rather than come to your defence...how do you explain this?

Have you read what kasoulides said re the US today?...read and weep....what he said was spot on...

Ps...to your last question multi, i experienced many parts of the world....have you?

Are you a supporter of ISIS ?
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16322
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Re: For civilised discussion about Islamic State

Postby Jerry » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:45 pm

I don't want to become involved in this debate, I can see that this is a complex discussion however regardless of ones own view on the acceptance, or otherwise of homosexuality one has to wonder how religious fanatics, be they christian or muslim, look upon the West's current trend in same sex marriage. ISIS must surely regard it as further evidence of christian ungodliness and decadence.
Jerry
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4638
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 12:29 pm
Location: UK

Re: For civilised discussion about Islamic State

Postby miltiades » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:28 pm

Jerry wrote:I don't want to become involved in this debate, I can see that this is a complex discussion however regardless of ones own view on the acceptance, or otherwise of homosexuality one has to wonder how religious fanatics, be they christian or muslim, look upon the West's current trend in same sex marriage. ISIS must surely regard it as further evidence of christian ungodliness and decadence.

There is a TV soap series where two young ...men recently became husband and husband!!
I have no time for such crap, nothing against the gay community but making a mockery of a marriage is not something I would applaud.

Much of what goes on in the West is blatant stupidity, mfor instance the nonsense politicians keep churning out about a multicultural society.My ..rear !
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16322
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Re: For civilised discussion about Islamic State

Postby Lordo » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:54 pm

you have the choice to switch over the channel. people are free to do as they wish so long as they cause no harm.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: For civilised discussion about Islamic State

Postby Paphitis » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:01 pm

miltiades wrote:
Jerry wrote:I don't want to become involved in this debate, I can see that this is a complex discussion however regardless of ones own view on the acceptance, or otherwise of homosexuality one has to wonder how religious fanatics, be they christian or muslim, look upon the West's current trend in same sex marriage. ISIS must surely regard it as further evidence of christian ungodliness and decadence.

There is a TV soap series where two young ...men recently became husband and husband!!
I have no time for such crap, nothing against the gay community but making a mockery of a marriage is not something I would applaud.

Much of what goes on in the West is blatant stupidity, mfor instance the nonsense politicians keep churning out about a multicultural society.My ..rear !


Live and let live.

If they don't hurt anyone, then no harm done.

As for Multiculturalism, it does work if you have a skill based or skill driven policy. The UK is stuffed because it is part of the EU, but Nigel Farage has other ideas about that!

If you have a skill based points system, then you get to choose who comes. Scientists, Doctors, engineers or target any other skills shortage.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: For civilised discussion about Islamic State

Postby miltiades » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:30 pm

Lordo wrote:you have the choice to switch over the channel. people are free to do as they wish so long as they cause no harm.

Just like your mates out in Irag !!!
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16322
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Re: For civilised discussion about Islamic State

Postby Cap » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:31 pm

As for Multiculturalism, it does work if you have a skill based or skill driven policy.

If you have a skill based points system, then you get to choose who comes. Scientists, Doctors, engineers or target any other skills shortage


I agree.
User avatar
Cap
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6797
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Cypriot Empire

Re: For civilised discussion about Islamic State

Postby repulsewarrior » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:29 pm

The Terror Strategist: Secret Files Reveal the Structure of Islamic State

http://world.einnews.com/article/260868 ... YtHAN1zW0T


...a long and interesting article.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7596
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: For civilised discussion about Islamic State

Postby kurupetos » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:41 pm

Cap wrote:
As for Multiculturalism, it does work if you have a skill based or skill driven policy.

If you have a skill based points system, then you get to choose who comes. Scientists, Doctors, engineers or target any other skills shortage


I agree.

You shouldn't confuse multiculturalism with multiracial societies.
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17896
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Previous

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests