The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Cyprus' Sister Island - Greek Heroics on Rhodes

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Re: Cyprus' Sister Island - Greek Heroics on Rhodes

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:27 pm

erolz66 wrote:You can play all your silly word games all you like, ...


Oh, so it's only 'silly word games' now because you've been caught lying yet again - and you have not and cannot substantiate your claim that the EU Commission was threatening sanctions because nothing has been made public and sanctions are not part of their procedures - more Frontex guards might be. Great! About blooming time!

Your EU debate sites are NOT the same as the EU Commission nor are the the Irish Times ( :roll: ), the Guardian or the Telegraph etc. They spread lies as much as you do when it suits them too. But as it is, I didn't notice any of them mention sanctions.

Stop lying Erolz!
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Cyprus' Sister Island - Greek Heroics on Rhodes

Postby erolz66 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:01 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote:
erolz66 wrote:You can play all your silly word games all you like, ...


Oh, so it's only 'silly word games' now because you've been caught lying yet again - and you have not and cannot substantiate your claim that the EU Commission was threatening sanctions. EU debate sites are NOT the same as the EU Commission nor are the Guardian or the Telegraph etc. They spread lies as much as you do when it suits them too. But as it is, I didn't notice any of them mention sanctions.

Stop lying Erolz!


You are insane.

europa.eu is NOT an 'EU debate site'. It is a website run by the Communication department of the European Commission. It contains all the Press Releases of the Commission. The press release I gave the link to , from the official EU Commission website was written by and released by the European Commission. It is in this EU Commission press release where they state that the earlier investigation's report concludes that "Greece is seriously neglecting its obligations and that there are serious deficiencies in the carrying out of external border controls that must be overcome and dealt with by the Greek authorities." It is in this same official EU Commission press release where they explicitly lay out what the potential consequences are if Greece fails to meet its obligations within three months. All of this comes verbatim from the EU commission via their own press release linked to for you on their own website. It is this official EU Commission press release that subsequently led to all the many various headlines I have quoted here from credible newspapers (ones that you yourself regularly quote from when it suits you but now label as liers). This is the kind of insanity you specialise in GiG. The more actual factual reality is pointed out to you the louder and shriller you will start to scream it is not true (use of cpas and oversized text and bold text). This is what you always do.

Reality is simply meaningless to you. You have decided that the EU commission has not criticised Greece or threatened sanctions if they do not rectify their 'serious neglecting of their obligations' within three months , so that is it for you. Nothing the EU Commission has actually said in their own press release matters to you. Nothing credible newspapers have said in reporting on what the EU Commission has said matters to you. Reality is just irrelevant to you. This is how you have consistently behaved on this forum year after year after year.
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Cyprus' Sister Island - Greek Heroics on Rhodes

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:47 pm

erolz66 wrote: .... It contains all the Press Releases of the Commission. The press release I gave the link to , from the official EU Commission website was written by and released by the European Commission.


Oh yeah? Because it actually states:

The draft report – which is not public – is based on unannounced site visits to the Greek-Turkish land border and to Chios and Samos conducted from 10 to 13 November 2015.



erolz66 wrote: You have decided that the EU commission has not criticised Greece or threatened sanctions .


Straw man erolz - you stated the EU Commission has threatened sanctions and yet have found ZERO evidence to support why you are constructing, promoting and perpetuating what are now clearly lies!


In fact the 8th biannual evaluation that this is all based on states only this about Greece:

The dramatically increased number of arrivals has put the border control and asylum systems of the countries concerned under extreme pressure. In response to this situation, the Commission introduced the ‘hotspot’ approach, which provides a platform to allow the EU agencies to assist the frontline Member States in registering, screening and debriefing incoming migrants quickly, to help with the asylum procedures and to coordinate the return operations. Italy and Greece are the first two Member States where this approach is being implemented3. The Commission has also sent its own personnel to both Member States to provide practical coordination and support. The Migration Management Support Teams active at the 'hotspots' rely on the Member States' contributions via Frontex' and EASO's calls for experts and equipment in an appropriate manner.
Following the proposals of the Commission the Council in September has agreed on relocation of 160 000 applicants in clear need of international protection from Italy, Greece and possibly other Member States directly affected by the refugee crisis.4 Full implementation of the relocation mechanism, alongside the roll-out of 'hotspots', should alleviate the pressuron these countries. In addition to the ongoing Frontex joint operations — Triton (hosted by Italy) and Poseidon Sea (hosted by Greece), to which the financial allocation has been trippled to enable reinforcing their surveillance and rescue capacity — the EU launched a Common Security and Defence Policy operation in the southern central Mediterranean on 22 June. This operation aims specifically at disrupting the business model of human smuggling and trafficking networks.
Furthermore, Member States faced with a situation of urgent and exceptional pressure may request the assistance of the Rapid Border Intervention Teams (RABITs) provided in the Frontex Regulation. On 3 December, Greece submitted such a formal request to Frontex for the deployment of a Rapid Border Intervention Team operation to provide immediate border guard support at its external border in the Aegean islands. On 10 December Frontex took the necessary decisions to launch this operation and to immediately agree on the operational plan with the Greek Authorities within the same operational area as Poseidon Sea.



It then goes on to report Hungary's fences and Germany/Austria and suchlike countries checking their borders since the Paris bombings - which is every country's prerogative!

Malta has its special controls because of other concerns.

It continues:

If a Member State is faced with a high pressure at its external border which the national border guard system is not able to cope with on its own, it is important that the Member State concerned makes full use of all the available remedies including a request from the relevant EU Agencies, in particular Frontex, to intervene so as to address the emergency situation.


And reminds members of what is available to use:

Finally, with thousands of people arriving every day at certain sections of the external border, it is clear that Member States need to be able to monitor the situation as it evolves (situational awareness) and to react appropriately (reaction capability). The national coordination centres (NCCs) set up under the Eurosur Regulation15 can play an important role in this respect, and Member States should make better use of them in strengthening their reaction capability.


Then it reminds all about sharing information:

Sharing information is a crucial part of effective and coordinated border control and law enforcement. The Schengen Information System (SIS) plays a central role as a platform for exchanging information, in order to trace terrorist suspects and conveyances used for terrorism and serious crime.


Superfluous: :roll:
During the reporting period, announced visits were carried out in Germany and the Netherlands covering all the policy areas. The recommendations from these visits are not yet available to date. In the meantime, the results of the earlier visits to Austria and Belgium have become available.



Criticism for Belgium:

The main challenges for border management in Belgium are related to the capacity to manage the situation at its air borders, secondary movements inside the country and irregular migration towards the UK across the North Sea. Gaps identified concern insufficient resources and correct execution of border checks. Some important instruments like the development of the national Integrated Border Management (IBM) strategy and API system, are not yet implemented. Belgium is also lacking national legislation and procedures to process the alerts within the second generation of SIS as well as a binding written security framework for the system. Further serious shortcomings have been identified on the implementation of the SIS for end-users. The Commission services are currently working on the proposals for Council recommendations regarding the visits to Belgium.


Poland

Under the previous Schengen evaluation mechanism, serious technical deficiencies had been detected with regard to the implementation of the SIS in Poland22, in particular at the external borders. The revisit showed that Poland has made great progress by introducing a new stable N.SIS, a new SIRENE application as well as a new application for border guards.


Criticism for Sweden:

The results of the unannounced visit to Sweden (Arlanda airport) carried out in the previous reporting period (March 2015) have become available. The decision to evaluate the airport was made on the basis of risk analysis made by Frontex which highlighted atypically low rates of refusals of entry and detection of fraudulent documents. During the visit, some deficiencies related to insufficient resources and training as well as correct execution of border checks were identified.


And it's still finalising reports on Spain and Hungary.

So ............ where is YOUR evidence for sanctions against Greece, you lying low-life toady Turk?
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Cyprus' Sister Island - Greek Heroics on Rhodes

Postby erolz66 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:45 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote:
erolz66 wrote: .... It contains all the Press Releases of the Commission. The press release I gave the link to , from the official EU Commission website was written by and released by the European Commission.


Oh yeah? Because it actually states:


So now you are quoting to me from the source that you first tried to dismiss as being from an 'EU debate site' but is in fact the official website of the EU Commission itself !

GreekIslandGirl wrote:
The draft report – which is not public – is based on unannounced site visits to the Greek-Turkish land border and to Chios and Samos conducted from 10 to 13 November 2015.


Classic GiG distortion. The draft report is not public - entirely correct. However the conclusions of that non public draft report ARE public, they became public as soon as the EU Commission issued a public press release stating what the conclusion of this non public draft report were. It is all there is plain black and white text direct from the EU commission itself. First you say this was not from the EU commission but from an 'EU debate site' (patently not true), now you try and make out that the conclusions of this report as publicly reported by the EU commission itself in its own press release is 'not true'. This is exactly the kind of madness you descend into in your pathetic attempts to deny objective reality.

GreekIslandGirl wrote:Straw man erolz - you stated the EU Commission has threatened sanctions and yet have found ZERO evidence to support why you are constructing, promoting and perpetuating what are now clearly lies!


The EU commission puts out a press release about a meeting that took place on the 26 Jan 2015 in which they publicly announce that the conclusions of a prior draft report are that "Greece is seriously neglecting its obligations and that there are serious deficiencies in the carrying out of external border controls that must be overcome and dealt with by the Greek authorities." In the same public press release they also make a point of highlighting that "If a Schengen Evaluation Report concludes that the evaluated Member State is "seriously neglecting its obligations under the Schengen rules" and if there are "serious deficiencies in the carrying out of external border control", the Commission can propose recommendations, to be adopted by the Council, for remedial action to address any deficiencies identified during the evaluation." What is more they then go on to say "Where, after three months, serious deficiencies persist and the measures taken have not proved sufficient to ensure the adequate remedy of these deficiencies, the Commission may trigger the application of the procedure provided for in Article 26 of the Schengen Borders Code."

In response to this EU commission press release you then have the

BBC reporting "EU threatens Greece over border controls"

Cyprus mail reporting "Greece threatened with expulsion from Schengen over migration crisis"

Irish Times reporting "Greece given three months to avoid Schengen suspension. Athens has ‘seriously neglected its obligations’ over border controls and migration, says European Commission"

Guardian reporting "Greece hits back after EU's Schengen threat"

Independent reporting "Schengen: Greece warned it faces expulsion from passport-free zone. Schengen: Greece warned it faces expulsion from passport-free zone
European Commission report exposes 'serious deficiencies' in how nation guards EU frontiers from migrants"

Despite all this you try and claim there zero evidence that the EU commission has threaten Greece with sanctions and that I am a lier and am making all this up. This is exactly the kind of madness you specialise in GiG, that you have always specialised in.

And then you have the gall to claim

GreekIslandGirl wrote:Straw man erolz


by quoting pages and pages of irrelevance from

GreekIslandGirl wrote:In fact the 8th biannual evaluation that this is all based on states only this about Greece:


This was a meeting that took place on the 15th of December 2015. It was the EU Comission's press release of the results of the 26 Jan 2016 meeting in which they stated the draft report concluded that ""Greece is seriously neglecting its obligations and that there are serious deficiencies in the carrying out of external border controls that must be overcome and dealt with by the Greek authorities." and in which they publicly outlined what sanctions are available to them should Greece fail to address these deficiencies within 3 months.

It is THIS meeting on the 26th Jan 2016 and the EU press release following it that then led to an avalanche of newspaper reports stating "EU threatens Greece over border controls". That you try and post pages and pages of irrelevances from an entirely different meeting that took place weeks before and that did NOT lead to an avalanche of newspaper reports saying "EU threatens Greece over border controls" as it this is some kind of valid argument just shows the intellectual and moral bankruptcy that you systemically stoop to in order to try and support your fictional view of the world.
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Cyprus' Sister Island - Greek Heroics on Rhodes

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:41 pm

erolz66 wrote:So now you are quoting to me from the source that you first tried to dismiss as being from an 'EU debate site' but is in fact the official website of the EU Commission itself !


No, I was quoting the evaluation document that your source was onerously debating and from where you not only lifted quotes, but CREATED your own unique lies! :evil:

The evaluation I had - which is why I knew you were talking (your word) BOLLOCKS! :lol: :D
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Cyprus' Sister Island - Greek Heroics on Rhodes

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:43 pm

erolz66 wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:
The draft report – which is not public – is based on unannounced site visits to the Greek-Turkish land border and to Chios and Samos conducted from 10 to 13 November 2015.


Classic GiG distortion. The draft report is not public - entirely correct. However ....


:lol: :lol: :lol: keep twisting .... how can I 'distort' when you have to agree I'm entirely correct ... :P
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Cyprus' Sister Island - Greek Heroics on Rhodes

Postby miltiades » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:19 pm

You too are in .....love :lol:
GIG, Erolz is a decent Cypriot, he does his very best to present a viable, unbiased and sensible content in his debate. Go easy now girl. He is my mate, my Cypriot compatriot.
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16332
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Re: Cyprus' Sister Island - Greek Heroics on Rhodes

Postby erolz66 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:39 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote:No, I was quoting the evaluation document that your source was onerously debating and from where you not only lifted quotes, but CREATED your own unique lies! :evil:


The EU Commission Press release, that I had previously linked to and quoted and you had dismissed, says (verbatim)

The draft report – which is not public – is based on unannounced site visits to the Greek-Turkish land border and to Chios and Samos conducted from 10 to 13 November 2015.


you quoted (verbatim)

The draft report – which is not public – is based on unannounced site visits to the Greek-Turkish land border and to Chios and Samos conducted from 10 to 13 November 2015.


Now you claim that your quote was NOT from the EU Comission's press release, that I had previously linked to and quoted and you had dismissed, yet it is absolutely and plainly and demonstrably is a verbatim word for word quote from exactly that EU Commission Press release. You now claim you were quoting 'the evaluation document'. This is the very document that the EU Commission press release states is not it self in the public domain and that you yourself have gone to pains to highlight is not in the public domain, yet you now claim is the source of your quote. Once more you just demonstrate how entirely detached from any actual reality you are prepared to go in the order to serve your propaganda needs.

Truth, reality - these things are just totally irrelevant to you GiG. This is exactly the kind of behaviour here from you , this total contempt and disregard for truth to suit your needs that I have watched for year after year after year after year from you in discussion after discussion that I despise so much that I still bother to point it out every now and again.
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Cyprus' Sister Island - Greek Heroics on Rhodes

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:26 am

erolz66 wrote:Now you claim that your quote was NOT from the EU Comission's press release,


If your so called (non) 'evidence' came from something that was stated as not available, then you or they made it all up. Since even that source of yours said nothing about sanctions, then by logical deduction, YOU are the falsifier of information!

You seem to have given up trying to find evidence for you statement ..... :lol:
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Cyprus' Sister Island - Greek Heroics on Rhodes

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:30 am

miltiades wrote:GIG, Erolz is a decent Cypriot, he does his very best to present a viable, unbiased and sensible content in his debate. Go easy now girl. He is my mate, my Cypriot compatriot.


Don't push it with me on your stupid ideas about who is a Cypriot, there's a good neighbour.
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests