The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


A little look back at Cyprus history

Cinema, theater, music etc.

Re: A little look back at Cyprus history

Postby B25 » Tue May 12, 2015 8:03 pm

MR-from-NG wrote:
My father is now 85, he knows the GC's very well. He worked for them, he worked with them, he even employed them. He knows I participate on the forum and he think I'm mad and just loughs about it. He always, says, no matter how well meaning the GC may seem, how polite they may be to your face and how accommodating they may come across, you turn your back on a GC he'll stab you to death. He is convinced they hate us with a vengeance and whatever happens they will one day cleanse Cyprus of TC's. There will never be peace between TC;'s and GC's. His words, not mine.


Thank you so much for this admission, you have proven first hand where the brain washing lies. And you expect us to trust you, ha ha f ha. Where's Lordo to see this and his constand goings on about the church and our schools.

And to the treacherous GCs who support you are you listening, they hate you behind your backs whilst all the while you are shooting down your own. Inshalla! Mr Frog, I have never heard a GC utter such words, shame on you and we are led to believe, falsely, that the older TCs were decent folk. But thanks again, this is a classic and should be made into a sticky and every newbiwe should be made to read it before entering, lest the be be led and lied to by the Turks.
User avatar
B25
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6072
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:03 pm
Location: ** Classified **

Re: A little look back at Cyprus history

Postby MR-from-NG » Tue May 12, 2015 8:06 pm

Get Real! wrote:
MR-from-NG wrote:My father is now 85, he knows the GC's very well. He worked for them, he worked with them, he even employed them. He knows I participate on the forum and he think I'm mad and just loughs about it. He always, says, no matter how well meaning the GC may seem, how polite they may be to your face and how accommodating they may come across, you turn your back on a GC he'll stab you to death. He is convinced they hate us with a vengeance and whatever happens they will one day cleanse Cyprus of TC's. There will never be peace between TC;'s and GC's. His words, not mine.

It’s unfortunate that your forefathers came here uninvited with extreme malice… all 400+ years of it, so it’s silly to wonder why extreme hatred exists from the natives.

Acknowledge the horrendous atrocities committed by your forefathers against the natives here and show some understanding.

Just to get an idea, the native population would’ve been 4.5 million today had your forefathers never arrived!

You’d feel exactly the same if not worse had you been on the receiving end.

Oh wait… your people *do* moan about a mere decade of “misery”… (60s to 70s?) :roll:


Going back centuries and blaming my forefathers to justify your attempt to ethnically cleans us is just nonsense.
MR-from-NG
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2697
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:58 pm

Re: A little look back at Cyprus history

Postby MR-from-NG » Tue May 12, 2015 8:38 pm

B25 wrote:
MR-from-NG wrote:
My father is now 85, he knows the GC's very well. He worked for them, he worked with them, he even employed them. He knows I participate on the forum and he think I'm mad and just loughs about it. He always, says, no matter how well meaning the GC may seem, how polite they may be to your face and how accommodating they may come across, you turn your back on a GC he'll stab you to death. He is convinced they hate us with a vengeance and whatever happens they will one day cleanse Cyprus of TC's. There will never be peace between TC;'s and GC's. His words, not mine.


Thank you so much for this admission, you have proven first hand where the brain washing lies. And you expect us to trust you, ha ha f ha. Where's Lordo to see this and his constand goings on about the church and our schools.

And to the treacherous GCs who support you are you listening, they hate you behind your backs whilst all the while you are shooting down your own. Inshalla! Mr Frog, I have never heard a GC utter such words, shame on you and we are led to believe, falsely, that the older TCs were decent folk. But thanks again, this is a classic and should be made into a sticky and every newbiwe should be made to read it before entering, lest the be be led and lied to by the Turks.


Hey dickbrain. My fathers message is loud and clear. You are dangerous and cannot be trusted. He is not teaching anybody to hate you, he is teaching those that will listen to never trust you. This coming from a man that spent many years with GC's should be taken very seriously.
Look at your posts B25, you are full of hate for anything non Greek. You insult TC's, you insult Brits, you gladly insult anybody that don't agree with you you. If the Brits were Greek the streets of London would be rivers of German blood. THANK GOD I LIVE IN A CIVILISED COUNTRY AMONGST CIVILISED PEOPLE.
MR-from-NG
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2697
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:58 pm

Re: A little look back at Cyprus history

Postby Paphitis » Tue May 12, 2015 8:53 pm

Tim Drayton wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
Tim Drayton wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:

And yet you tried to pass it off as "will become". I don't need to tell you, of all people, about the rhetorical significance of what you just did in that post. :wink:

Now, what is logical is for the Cypriot people to not be continually divided by the enforcement of Turkish as an official language in an attempt to continue the anachronistic and divisive tactics that Imperialist Britain enforced upon us before semi-departing from Cyprus! Turkish is a recent, foreign introduction and has NO historical basis for being enshrined in our Constitution! Agreed?

My hope is that the EU perspective on human/individual rights will prevail and the ONLY logical thing will come to pass ...


To my mind, it is clear that this is what will happen if there is a settlement to the Cyprus problem.


It's pretty clear in my mind too so I agree with you.

The RoC has no objections to the Turkish language either.

It's not a big deal and in fact, having Turkish as an official language might be actually beneficial one day in the future.


Thanks, sport. I think it is clear that the reason Turkish was not adopted as an official EU language when Cyprus acceded was because the EU acquis communautaire was suspended in the part of the island not under government control. However, if there is a settlement of the Cyprus problem involving the creation of a federal state having Greek and Turkish as its official language, and a Greek Cypriot statelet having Greek as its official language, and a Turkish Cypriot statelet having Turkish as its official language, it is pretty obvious to my mind that one of the amendments for which provision has been made in the article reading “In the event of a settlement, the Council, acting unanimously on the basis of a proposal from the Commission, shall decide on the adaptations to the terms concerning the accession of Cyprus to the European Union with regard to the Turkish Cypriot Community” will be the adoption of Turkish as an official EU language.

Even if this does not happen, this would not be tantamount to the EU not recognising the official status of Turkish in Cyprus, as is shown by the example of Luxembuorgish and also the fact that the website of the European Commission Representation in Cyprus is in three languages, including Turkish.

So, all in all, a pretty pointless debate.


Yes a pointless debate.

Turkish will be an official language is how I understand it too, and its status is merely suspended until a resolution is achieved.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: A little look back at Cyprus history

Postby Paphitis » Tue May 12, 2015 8:59 pm

Tim Drayton wrote:
MR-from-NG wrote:
These racist people are incapable of answering such questions Tim. More often than not they'll come back saying we invaded in 1571 and shouldn't even be here. I visit many forums, political, motoring, aviation, health to name but a few, I have not seen anything like what I see on this forum. The GC's are in a different league altogether. I must admit it frightens me at times knowing my community is only a stone throw away from such dangerous people.


The thing is, MR-from-NG, that I live in Limassol in an ordinary suburb in a flat where all my neighbours are Greek Cypriot, and I do not find the people I encounter in my daily life here like this at all. In fact, I was once chatting to one of my neighbour's fathers, who is a refugee, and mentioned that I could speak Turkish, half expecting to get a punch, but instead he started speaking to me in fluent Turkish - it seems he grew up in a mixed village. I had another interesting experience not long ago at a cafeteria in the centre of Limassol. I manged to use my faultering Greek to order a cup of tea. A very elderly Greek Cypriot man was standing beside me, and next to him was a tap where you can pour yourself some water into a plastic cup if you want one. This old man poured me some water into a cup and passed it to me, saying something incomprehensible. Seeing my puzzlement, he repeated the same thing, but I still couldn't understand and just thanked him. However, when I sat down at a table, it suddenly struck me what that old fellow had said. It was 'su isten?' I am sure of it. 'Do you want water, and in non-standard Cypriot Turkish to boot. That chap, hearing somebody struggle to speak Greek, assumed that I was a Turkish Cypriot and spoke to me in what he thought was my language. I think there are many Greek Cypriot people who have no problems accepting the bilingual (or even multilingual) character of Cyprus. Some of the fanatics, here, are scary, though, and make you wonder if peace can ever come to Cyprus.


Yes absolutely!

You will not find people like "GreekIslandGirl" in normal Cypriot society!
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: A little look back at Cyprus history

Postby Get Real! » Tue May 12, 2015 9:06 pm

MR-from-NG wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
MR-from-NG wrote:My father is now 85, he knows the GC's very well. He worked for them, he worked with them, he even employed them. He knows I participate on the forum and he think I'm mad and just loughs about it. He always, says, no matter how well meaning the GC may seem, how polite they may be to your face and how accommodating they may come across, you turn your back on a GC he'll stab you to death. He is convinced they hate us with a vengeance and whatever happens they will one day cleanse Cyprus of TC's. There will never be peace between TC;'s and GC's. His words, not mine.

It’s unfortunate that your forefathers came here uninvited with extreme malice… all 400+ years of it, so it’s silly to wonder why extreme hatred exists from the natives.

Acknowledge the horrendous atrocities committed by your forefathers against the natives here and show some understanding.

Just to get an idea, the native population would’ve been 4.5 million today had your forefathers never arrived!

You’d feel exactly the same if not worse had you been on the receiving end.

Oh wait… your people *do* moan about a mere decade of “misery”… (60s to 70s?) :roll:


Going back centuries and blaming my forefathers to justify your attempt to ethnically cleans us is just nonsense.

1878 when the Brits took over isn’t that long ago. What the Brits found when they came here was a miserable people living in utter squalor.

The four century ordeal had such an impact on the natives that as can be seen today, some no longer want anything to do with you anymore.

It was too much and went on for too long…

As for your people being “ethnically cleansed”… post that in the jokes section. You’re not even ethnically Cypriot let alone cleansed! :roll: :lol:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40427
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: A little look back at Cyprus history

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Tue May 12, 2015 9:19 pm

MR-from-NG wrote:
B25 wrote:
MR-from-NG wrote:
My father is now 85, he knows the GC's very well. He worked for them, he worked with them, he even employed them. He knows I participate on the forum and he think I'm mad and just loughs about it. He always, says, no matter how well meaning the GC may seem, how polite they may be to your face and how accommodating they may come across, you turn your back on a GC he'll stab you to death. He is convinced they hate us with a vengeance and whatever happens they will one day cleanse Cyprus of TC's. There will never be peace between TC;'s and GC's. His words, not mine.


Thank you so much for this admission, you have proven first hand where the brain washing lies. And you expect us to trust you, ha ha f ha. Where's Lordo to see this and his constand goings on about the church and our schools.

And to the treacherous GCs who support you are you listening, they hate you behind your backs whilst all the while you are shooting down your own. Inshalla! Mr Frog, I have never heard a GC utter such words, shame on you and we are led to believe, falsely, that the older TCs were decent folk. But thanks again, this is a classic and should be made into a sticky and every newbiwe should be made to read it before entering, lest the be be led and lied to by the Turks.


Hey dickbrain. My fathers message is loud and clear. You are dangerous and cannot be trusted. He is not teaching anybody to hate you, he is teaching those that will listen to never trust you. This coming from a man that spent many years with GC's should be taken very seriously.
Look at your posts B25, you are full of hate for anything non Greek. You insult TC's, you insult Brits, you gladly insult anybody that don't agree with you you. If the Brits were Greek the streets of London would be rivers of German blood. THANK GOD I LIVE IN A CIVILISED COUNTRY AMONGST CIVILISED PEOPLE.


Your testament for your father condemns him as an example of a pure racist. In your own words.

To say all this whilst Turks occupy half our country, after killing thousands of Greek Cypriots, whilst TCs hold onto property and rights of GCs is unbelievably outrageous.

Imagine what you would have said about us if we had done the same to you ...
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: A little look back at Cyprus history

Postby MR-from-NG » Tue May 12, 2015 9:24 pm

Get Real! wrote:
MR-from-NG wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
MR-from-NG wrote:My father is now 85, he knows the GC's very well. He worked for them, he worked with them, he even employed them. He knows I participate on the forum and he think I'm mad and just loughs about it. He always, says, no matter how well meaning the GC may seem, how polite they may be to your face and how accommodating they may come across, you turn your back on a GC he'll stab you to death. He is convinced they hate us with a vengeance and whatever happens they will one day cleanse Cyprus of TC's. There will never be peace between TC;'s and GC's. His words, not mine.

It’s unfortunate that your forefathers came here uninvited with extreme malice… all 400+ years of it, so it’s silly to wonder why extreme hatred exists from the natives.

Acknowledge the horrendous atrocities committed by your forefathers against the natives here and show some understanding.

Just to get an idea, the native population would’ve been 4.5 million today had your forefathers never arrived!

You’d feel exactly the same if not worse had you been on the receiving end.

Oh wait… your people *do* moan about a mere decade of “misery”… (60s to 70s?) :roll:


Going back centuries and blaming my forefathers to justify your attempt to ethnically cleans us is just nonsense.

1878 when the Brits took over isn’t that long ago. What the Brits found when they came here was a miserable people living in utter squalor.

The four century ordeal had such an impact on the natives that as can be seen today, some no longer want anything to do with you anymore.

It was too much and went on for too long…

As for your people being “ethnically cleansed”… post that in the jokes section. You’re not even ethnically Cypriot let alone cleansed! :roll: :lol:


You can deny your attempt to ethnically cleans as much as you want, it is fact and acknowledged worldwide. Anybody that can question TC's ethnicity has to be certifiable :lol: Too much vino GR?
MR-from-NG
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2697
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:58 pm

Re: A little look back at Cyprus history

Postby MR-from-NG » Tue May 12, 2015 9:28 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote:
MR-from-NG wrote:
B25 wrote:
MR-from-NG wrote:
My father is now 85, he knows the GC's very well. He worked for them, he worked with them, he even employed them. He knows I participate on the forum and he think I'm mad and just loughs about it. He always, says, no matter how well meaning the GC may seem, how polite they may be to your face and how accommodating they may come across, you turn your back on a GC he'll stab you to death. He is convinced they hate us with a vengeance and whatever happens they will one day cleanse Cyprus of TC's. There will never be peace between TC;'s and GC's. His words, not mine.


Thank you so much for this admission, you have proven first hand where the brain washing lies. And you expect us to trust you, ha ha f ha. Where's Lordo to see this and his constand goings on about the church and our schools.

And to the treacherous GCs who support you are you listening, they hate you behind your backs whilst all the while you are shooting down your own. Inshalla! Mr Frog, I have never heard a GC utter such words, shame on you and we are led to believe, falsely, that the older TCs were decent folk. But thanks again, this is a classic and should be made into a sticky and every newbiwe should be made to read it before entering, lest the be be led and lied to by the Turks.


Hey dickbrain. My fathers message is loud and clear. You are dangerous and cannot be trusted. He is not teaching anybody to hate you, he is teaching those that will listen to never trust you. This coming from a man that spent many years with GC's should be taken very seriously.
Look at your posts B25, you are full of hate for anything non Greek. You insult TC's, you insult Brits, you gladly insult anybody that don't agree with you you. If the Brits were Greek the streets of London would be rivers of German blood. THANK GOD I LIVE IN A CIVILISED COUNTRY AMONGST CIVILISED PEOPLE.


Your testament for your father condemns him as an example of a pure racist. In your own words.

To say all this whilst Turks occupy half our country, after killing thousands of Greek Cypriots, whilst TCs hold onto property and rights of GCs is unbelievably outrageous.

Imagine what you would have said about us if we had done the same to you ...

My father knows you like the back of his hand and warns all TC's (all those that will listen) to NEVER EVER TRUST YOU. Whats wrong with that? You are a dangerous race. Greeks are known as SPECTACULAR LIERS, my father has been telling me this all my life. He is a wise old man. God Bless Him.
MR-from-NG
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2697
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:58 pm

Re: A little look back at Cyprus history

Postby B25 » Tue May 12, 2015 10:05 pm

He should apply for a job as advisor to Akinci. Would do us all a favour.
User avatar
B25
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6072
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:03 pm
Location: ** Classified **

PreviousNext

Return to Entertainment

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests