The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Will UK save occupied Europe AGAIN?

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Re: Will UK save occupied Europe AGAIN?

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Sun May 10, 2015 12:44 pm

Kikapu wrote:
Sotos wrote:Personally I hope they leave from EU. The UK is one of the biggest supporters of Turkey in EU.


I know Cameron has said he will have a referendum on UK being in the EU or not if the Conservatives were to be re-elected, but I do not ever remember Cameron saying he personally supports the UK leaving the EU! :?

Can anyone shed some light on this for me, please?


Cameron works by division. He sows fear in the masses. He has learnt well from Hitler/Farage.

Cameron knows Britain would be worse off if it left the EU and doesn't intend a Brexit to ever happen. He had a referendum on Scotland at a safe time for a "No exit" but sowed division which saw the end of Labour party politics. He will have a referendum when a "No exit" is assured. But, it will sow division.

For now, the EU serves his purpose well; his purpose is to brainwash the masses into thinking all the bad things come from abroad. That way, the Cons are not to blame for billionaire-bankers/corruption/tax-havens etc ... "it's the Cypriots' fault" with their Russian money (so now it's all in London, well done! :roll: ); or, "it's the Greeks' fault" with their big pensions (so now the Brits have to be grateful for Cameron's pennies because the Greeks took it all :roll: ) whilst the bankers get away with tax-payers money etc

There is also suggestion that Britain's role - as America's stooge - is to bring about the downfall of the EU (the USA's competitor as a superpower). That's why Cameron needs to keep Britain as part of the EU - to keep sowing discord - supporting places like Turkey entering which would spell the end of the Union.
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8945
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Will UK save occupied Europe AGAIN?

Postby Paphitis » Sun May 10, 2015 12:52 pm

Kikapu wrote:
Sotos wrote:Personally I hope they leave from EU. The UK is one of the biggest supporters of Turkey in EU.


I know Cameron has said he will have a referendum on UK being in the EU or not if the Conservatives were to be re-elected, but I do not ever remember Cameron saying he personally supports the UK leaving the EU! :?

Can anyone shed some light on this for me, please?


What he supports personally is irrelevant.

By taking it to referendum he is leaving it up to the people to decide so if the majority vote they want out, then he has no choice, otherwise why even have a referendum?

And it is only the right thing to do. The EU has metamorphosed into a monstrosity. The people have a right to determine Britain's future in such matters.

If he goes back on his word, then it's Bye Bye Cameron at the next elections.

Referendum is scheduled for 2017 according to his promise. The timing has already been determined.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Will UK save occupied Europe AGAIN?

Postby Kikapu » Sun May 10, 2015 12:57 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote:
Kikapu wrote:
Sotos wrote:Personally I hope they leave from EU. The UK is one of the biggest supporters of Turkey in EU.


I know Cameron has said he will have a referendum on UK being in the EU or not if the Conservatives were to be re-elected, but I do not ever remember Cameron saying he personally supports the UK leaving the EU! :?

Can anyone shed some light on this for me, please?


Cameron works by division. He sows fear in the masses. He has learnt well from Hitler/Farage.

Cameron knows Britain would be worse off if it left the EU and doesn't intend a Brexit to ever happen. He had a referendum on Scotland at a safe time for a "No exit" but sowed division which saw the end of Labour party politics. He will have a referendum when a "No exit" is assured. But, it will sow division.

For now, the EU serves his purpose well; his purpose is to brainwash the masses into thinking all the bad things come from abroad. That way, the Cons are not to blame for billionaire-bankers/corruption/tax-havens etc ... "it's the Cypriots' fault" with their Russian money (so now it's all in London, well done! :roll: ); or, "it's the Greeks' fault" with their big pensions (so now the Brits have to be grateful for Cameron's pennies because the Greeks took it all :roll: ) whilst the bankers get away with tax-payers money etc

There is also suggestion that Britain's role - as America's stooge - is to bring about the downfall of the EU (the USA's competitor as a superpower). That's why Cameron needs to keep Britain as part of the EU - to keep sowing discord - supporting places like Turkey entering which would spell the end of the Union.


Yes, I tend to agree with you.
User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 13540
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Re: Will UK save occupied Europe AGAIN?

Postby Kikapu » Sun May 10, 2015 1:04 pm

Paphitis wrote:
Kikapu wrote:
Sotos wrote:Personally I hope they leave from EU. The UK is one of the biggest supporters of Turkey in EU.


I know Cameron has said he will have a referendum on UK being in the EU or not if the Conservatives were to be re-elected, but I do not ever remember Cameron saying he personally supports the UK leaving the EU! :?

Can anyone shed some light on this for me, please?


What he supports personally is irrelevant.

By taking it to referendum he is leaving it up to the people to decide so if the majority vote they want out, then he has no choice, otherwise why even have a referendum?

And it is only the right thing to do. The EU has metamorphosed into a monstrosity. The people have a right to determine Britain's future in such matters.

If he goes back on his word, then it's Bye Bye Cameron at the next elections.

Referendum is scheduled for 2017 according to his promise. The timing has already been determined.


Well, it matters if Cameron personally does not support the UK leaving the EU, because then there's no one leading the charge for the UK to leave the EU. This was his last election, so he doesn't care if he doesn't support the UK leaving the EU. Sure he will have a referendum as promised, but without strong backing by the government and business leaders, it will just fizzle out. He got what he wanted as GIG very eloquently stated by getting sowing division between people and parties, which paid off very handsomely few days ago.
User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 13540
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Re: Will UK save occupied Europe AGAIN?

Postby Paphitis » Sun May 10, 2015 1:19 pm

Kikapu wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
Kikapu wrote:
Sotos wrote:Personally I hope they leave from EU. The UK is one of the biggest supporters of Turkey in EU.


I know Cameron has said he will have a referendum on UK being in the EU or not if the Conservatives were to be re-elected, but I do not ever remember Cameron saying he personally supports the UK leaving the EU! :?

Can anyone shed some light on this for me, please?


What he supports personally is irrelevant.

By taking it to referendum he is leaving it up to the people to decide so if the majority vote they want out, then he has no choice, otherwise why even have a referendum?

And it is only the right thing to do. The EU has metamorphosed into a monstrosity. The people have a right to determine Britain's future in such matters.

If he goes back on his word, then it's Bye Bye Cameron at the next elections.

Referendum is scheduled for 2017 according to his promise. The timing has already been determined.


Well, it matters if Cameron personally does not support the UK leaving the EU, because then there's no one leading the charge for the UK to leave the EU. This was his last election, so he doesn't care if he doesn't support the UK leaving the EU. Sure he will have a referendum as promised, but without strong backing by the government and business leaders, it will just fizzle out. He got what he wanted as GIG very eloquently stated by getting sowing division between people and parties, which paid off very handsomely few days ago.


That's pretty strange and news to me.

A referendum is the will of the people, and if he ignores it then he has signed his political death warrant. It's political suicide.

I don't think he is going to risk his future because he is on the cusp of another 2 terms after this one if all goes well with the economy and that is going to make him one of the longest serving PMs.

We had referendums in Australia regarding abolishing the Crown. God help any PM who ignores the will of the people.

In fact I believe that it will result in a total dissolution.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Will UK save occupied Europe AGAIN?

Postby Paphitis » Sun May 10, 2015 1:56 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote:
Kikapu wrote:
Sotos wrote:Personally I hope they leave from EU. The UK is one of the biggest supporters of Turkey in EU.


I know Cameron has said he will have a referendum on UK being in the EU or not if the Conservatives were to be re-elected, but I do not ever remember Cameron saying he personally supports the UK leaving the EU! :?

Can anyone shed some light on this for me, please?


Cameron works by division. He sows fear in the masses. He has learnt well from Hitler/Farage.

Cameron knows Britain would be worse off if it left the EU and doesn't intend a Brexit to ever happen. He had a referendum on Scotland at a safe time for a "No exit" but sowed division which saw the end of Labour party politics. He will have a referendum when a "No exit" is assured. But, it will sow division.

For now, the EU serves his purpose well; his purpose is to brainwash the masses into thinking all the bad things come from abroad. That way, the Cons are not to blame for billionaire-bankers/corruption/tax-havens etc ... "it's the Cypriots' fault" with their Russian money (so now it's all in London, well done! :roll: ); or, "it's the Greeks' fault" with their big pensions (so now the Brits have to be grateful for Cameron's pennies because the Greeks took it all :roll: ) whilst the bankers get away with tax-payers money etc

There is also suggestion that Britain's role - as America's stooge - is to bring about the downfall of the EU (the USA's competitor as a superpower). That's why Cameron needs to keep Britain as part of the EU - to keep sowing discord - supporting places like Turkey entering which would spell the end of the Union.


Wow! Cameron is better than I thought. Who is he? superman? God?

Fancy he even knowing how people will vote. The guys is a total genius!

Oh btw, if he timed the Scottish referendum, then obviously he is a unionist and did it to keep the Union of the UK. There is nothing divisive about that. As to the nationalists, they will always have a bee under their bonnet.

But I would be more impressed with his genius, superpower and God Like abilities! If he is that good, maybe Britain should become a dictatorship and install him as PM till death after which the Church should consider making him a Saint. He already has 1 miracle according to you. :shock:

If stuff like this is even possible, I might even become a Theist and place an icon of Cameron in my bedroom! :wink:
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Will UK save occupied Europe AGAIN?

Postby Lordo » Sun May 10, 2015 6:21 pm

you are just one stupid individual. how the hell did you come to the conclusion that the scots voting for the union had anything what so furkin ever with what cameron did. there are 56 scotish mps in uk parliemant. about 10 years the cuntservatives lost every single seat in scotland. they have not had a single mp in scotland since and they are not about to have any in the near future either. in these elections the labour and liberal mps also all lost their seats in scotland. the reason this has happened is the cuntservative policies for the last 5 years.

ffs man dont you understand the furkin news.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Will UK save occupied Europe AGAIN?

Postby Kikapu » Sun May 10, 2015 8:32 pm

Paphitis wrote:
That's pretty strange and news to me.

A referendum is the will of the people, and if he ignores it then he has signed his political death warrant. It's political suicide.

I don't think he is going to risk his future because he is on the cusp of another 2 terms after this one if all goes well with the economy and that is going to make him one of the longest serving PMs.

We had referendums in Australia regarding abolishing the Crown. God help any PM who ignores the will of the people.

In fact I believe that it will result in a total dissolution.


But Cameron is going to have a referendum so the people can vote. I just don't think he is going to support the UK getting out of the EU because as far as know, he has not done so thus far, and without the governments backing, there's not a chance the referendum would pass.

By the way, did your PM support abolishing the Crown? I doubt it!
User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 13540
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Re: Will UK save occupied Europe AGAIN?

Postby Paphitis » Mon May 11, 2015 1:07 am

Kikapu wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
That's pretty strange and news to me.

A referendum is the will of the people, and if he ignores it then he has signed his political death warrant. It's political suicide.

I don't think he is going to risk his future because he is on the cusp of another 2 terms after this one if all goes well with the economy and that is going to make him one of the longest serving PMs.

We had referendums in Australia regarding abolishing the Crown. God help any PM who ignores the will of the people.

In fact I believe that it will result in a total dissolution.


But Cameron is going to have a referendum so the people can vote. I just don't think he is going to support the UK getting out of the EU because as far as know, he has not done so thus far, and without the governments backing, there's not a chance the referendum would pass.

By the way, did your PM support abolishing the Crown? I doubt it!


he can support whatever he likes and even campaign for the no Brexit. That is his democratic right.

But he does not have the legal power to deliberately disregard the wishes of the people should they vote for a Brexit.

I am not sure how it is in Britain, but in Australia, the rights of the people are enshrined in the Constitution. The people have a right to trigger a referendum with a mere 100,000 signatures of the people. Technically, according to the Constitution, the people have the political right to change laws, call for referendums (100,000 signatures) and even abolish the Crown. The people's decision is final.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Will UK save occupied Europe AGAIN?

Postby Paphitis » Mon May 11, 2015 1:11 am

Lordo wrote:you are just one stupid individual. how the hell did you come to the conclusion that the scots voting for the union had anything what so furkin ever with what cameron did. there are 56 scotish mps in uk parliemant. about 10 years the cuntservatives lost every single seat in scotland. they have not had a single mp in scotland since and they are not about to have any in the near future either. in these elections the labour and liberal mps also all lost their seats in scotland. the reason this has happened is the cuntservative policies for the last 5 years.

ffs man dont you understand the furkin news.


You mean Millibandaid just lost all his seats in Scotland!

That wasn't just getting out for a Duck, it was the entire Millibandaid Squad getting pummeled by Afghanistan! :lol:

If Cameron had anything to do with that, then he is pure genius! 8)
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest