The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Turkey shoots down a Russian jet

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Re: Turkey shoots down a Russian jet

Postby denizaksulu » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:55 pm

That's it.
User avatar
denizaksulu
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 36050
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 11:04 am

Re: Turkey shoots down a Russian jet

Postby Tim Drayton » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:45 pm

Amnesty International has produced a detailed report:

Iraq: Taking stock: The arming of Islamic State

https://www.amnesty.org/en/documents/md ... 2/2015/en/

The main conclusion of the report is that:

The report concludes that the bulk of the arms and ammunition currently in the possession of IS has been seized from or has leaked out of Iraqi military stocks.
User avatar
Tim Drayton
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8226
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Limassol/Lemesos

Re: Turkey shoots down a Russian jet

Postby Tim Drayton » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:09 pm

Interesting.

President Vladimir Putin said on Friday Russia supports the opposition Free Syrian Army, providing it with air support, arms and ammunition in joint operations with Syrian troops against Islamist militants.


http://www.reuters.com/article/us-midea ... PVjdcii.97
User avatar
Tim Drayton
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8226
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Limassol/Lemesos

Re: Turkey shoots down a Russian jet

Postby Tim Drayton » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:16 pm

Good heavens. It’s in Sputnik! That makes it the gospel truth for some people here.

More than 5,000 troops from the Free Syrian Army (FSA) are fighting terrorists together with the Syrian government troops, Russian President Vladimir Putin said Friday.

"I would like to note especially that the work of our aviation has aided in the unification of forces from the government forces as well as from the Free Syrian Army. Now several of its units of some 5,000 individuals, along with the regular forces, are carrying out offensive actions against terrorists in the provinces of Homs, Hama, Aleppo, and Raqqa," Putin said during a meeting with the Defense Ministry.

He added that Russia was supporting from the air both Free Syrian Army troops and government forces, providing them with weapons, ammunition, and other materials.


http://sputniknews.com/world/20151211/1 ... -army.html
User avatar
Tim Drayton
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8226
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Limassol/Lemesos

Re: Turkey shoots down a Russian jet

Postby Paphitis » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:24 pm

Tim Drayton wrote:Good heavens. It’s in Sputnik! That makes it the gospel truth for some people here.

More than 5,000 troops from the Free Syrian Army (FSA) are fighting terrorists together with the Syrian government troops, Russian President Vladimir Putin said Friday.

"I would like to note especially that the work of our aviation has aided in the unification of forces from the government forces as well as from the Free Syrian Army. Now several of its units of some 5,000 individuals, along with the regular forces, are carrying out offensive actions against terrorists in the provinces of Homs, Hama, Aleppo, and Raqqa," Putin said during a meeting with the Defense Ministry.

He added that Russia was supporting from the air both Free Syrian Army troops and government forces, providing them with weapons, ammunition, and other materials.


http://sputniknews.com/world/20151211/1 ... -army.html


Got any salt with that Tim?

I liked how they say thanks to their Air Force the FSA are fighting with the Syrian Military against DAESH. Yes I am completely convinced that bombing them made them join forces with those who bombed them! :lol: :lol:

First victim of war is the truth!

What is happening is that the FSA have been fighting and still are fighting DAESH to this day. Doesn't mean that they are on Assad's side after all those Barrel Bombs on civilian areas.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Turkey shoots down a Russian jet

Postby Get Real! » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:27 pm

Israelis rescuing wounded terrorists from the Syrian warzone…

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... emies.html
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40448
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Turkey shoots down a Russian jet

Postby Cap » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:46 pm

^
The Israeli's are something else... they're far beyond the black and white media produced reality idiots on this forum fight over.
Never cease to amaze me.

I wish we had the intellect and prowess of the Israelis.
User avatar
Cap
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6812
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Cypriot Empire

Re: Turkey shoots down a Russian jet

Postby Get Real! » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:00 pm

Cap wrote:^
The Israeli's are something else... they're far beyond the black and white media produced reality idiots on this forum fight over.
Never cease to amaze me.

I wish we had the intellect and prowess of the Israelis.

:? If you can arrange for Cyprus to receive 3.5 billion dollars every year like the Israelis do from the US, and God knows how much more money coming in from other Jew-appeasing states around the world, I’ll show you Cypriot intellect and prowess that’ll knock your socks off!
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40448
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Turkey shoots down a Russian jet

Postby Cap » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:04 pm

to receive 3.5 billion dollars every year


That's what I'm talking about.
How the fu** do they do it??

Where's the Cypriot lobby?
User avatar
Cap
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6812
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Cypriot Empire

Re: Turkey shoots down a Russian jet

Postby Get Real! » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:05 pm

Cap wrote:
to receive 3.5 billion dollars every year


That's what I'm talking about.
How the fu** do they do it??

Where's the Cypriot lobby?

No that's NOT what you were talking about so don't move the goal posts now!


In fact, for a country that has been the recipient of so much and for so long, they’re doing extremely BAD.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40448
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests