The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Victory!!!

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Re: Victory!!!

Postby erolz66 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:38 pm

Maximus wrote:You consider yourselves to be a cut above the Cypriots though dont you?


Not at all. It does seem to me however that you consider yourself and all GC a Cypriot above me as a Cypriot ? Or have I got that wrong ? Are you more Cypriot than me, a truer Cypriot compared to me, just because you are GC and I am not, or not ?

Maximus wrote:You see the difference between me and you is that I am talking about democracy, the rule of law and justice for everyone and you are talking BS. Your ideology belongs nowhere in Europe, it is a figment of the Turkish imagination..


Yet you are the one who claims that TC are not Cypriots and what should have happened to them at the end of British colonial rule is that they should have been shipped out of Cyprus and back to Turkey. You think such forced removal of entire ethnic communities is compatible with European ideals of democracy and the rule of law do you? You talk of such ideal 'solutions' as forcing TC out of Cyprus whilst accusing me of supporting ethnic cleansing ?
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Victory!!!

Postby Maximus » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:53 pm

erolz66 wrote:
Maximus wrote:You consider yourselves to be a cut above the Cypriots though dont you?


Not at all. It does seem to me however that you consider yourself and all GC a Cypriot above me as a Cypriot ? Or have I got that wrong ? Are you more Cypriot than me, a truer Cypriot compared to me, just because you are GC and I am not, or not ?

Maximus wrote:You see the difference between me and you is that I am talking about democracy, the rule of law and justice for everyone and you are talking BS. Your ideology belongs nowhere in Europe, it is a figment of the Turkish imagination..


Yet you are the one who claims that TC are not Cypriots and what should have happened to them at the end of British colonial rule is that they should have been shipped out of Cyprus and back to Turkey. You think such forced removal of entire ethnic communities is compatible with European ideals of democracy and the rule of law do you? You talk of such ideal 'solutions' as forcing TC out of Cyprus whilst accusing me of supporting ethnic cleansing ?



TC's are Turks (or Ottomans) or converted Greek Cypriots with Cypriot passports and they should have been repatriated to Turkey like the Ottomans were from everywhere else in the disintegrated Ottoman empire. Why should those Ottoman subjects or converts in Cyprus be the exception? They oppressed Cypriots for centuries like the did everywhere else.

There certainly would not be a Cyprus problem today had that happened and the problem would also end, if this happens.
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4274
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: Victory!!!

Postby erolz66 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:02 pm

Maximus wrote:TC's are Turks (or Ottomans) or converted Greek Cypriots with Cypriot passports and they should have been repatriated to Turkey like the Ottomans were from everywhere else in the disintegrated Ottoman empire. Why should those Ottoman subjects or converts in Cyprus be the exception? They oppressed Cypriots for centuries like the did everywhere else.


Like I have said you are entirely entitled to such opinions. However if you insist on voicing them here whilst also claiming that you are on the side of 'democracy' and 'the rule of law' and 'civility' and 'European ideals', well then I will be compelled to point out the inconsistencies in your argument.

What options to do you think you leave TC when you claim what should have happened and what should happen is they all just leave Cyprus ? I would suggest the only options you leave TC in the face of such assertions is to either leave Cyprus, as you want them to do, or resist you by any means they can ?
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Victory!!!

Postby Maximus » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:07 pm

erolz66 wrote:
Maximus wrote:TC's are Turks (or Ottomans) or converted Greek Cypriots with Cypriot passports and they should have been repatriated to Turkey like the Ottomans were from everywhere else in the disintegrated Ottoman empire. Why should those Ottoman subjects or converts in Cyprus be the exception? They oppressed Cypriots for centuries like the did everywhere else.


Like I have said you are entirely entitled to such opinions. However if you insist on voicing them here whilst also claiming that you are on the side of 'democracy' and 'the rule of law' and 'civility' and 'European ideals', well then I will be compelled to point out the inconsistencies in your argument.

What options to do you think you leave TC when you claim what should have happened and what should happen is they all just leave Cyprus ? I would suggest the only options you leave TC in the face of such assertions is to either leave Cyprus, as you want them to do, or resist you by any means they can ?


There is nothing inconsistent about my point of view and it stands independent of democracy and the rule of law because "you" for centuries denied Cypriots of them and continue to this day to do just that in one form or another with the gun. So it is actually "you" that is inconsistent with democracy and the rule of law.

Are you denying that TC's are not Ottomans or converts with Greek Cypriot passports ?
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4274
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: Victory!!!

Postby MR-from-NG » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:13 pm

Maximus wrote:
erolz66 wrote:
Maximus wrote:You consider yourselves to be a cut above the Cypriots though dont you?


Not at all. It does seem to me however that you consider yourself and all GC a Cypriot above me as a Cypriot ? Or have I got that wrong ? Are you more Cypriot than me, a truer Cypriot compared to me, just because you are GC and I am not, or not ?

Maximus wrote:You see the difference between me and you is that I am talking about democracy, the rule of law and justice for everyone and you are talking BS. Your ideology belongs nowhere in Europe, it is a figment of the Turkish imagination..


Yet you are the one who claims that TC are not Cypriots and what should have happened to them at the end of British colonial rule is that they should have been shipped out of Cyprus and back to Turkey. You think such forced removal of entire ethnic communities is compatible with European ideals of democracy and the rule of law do you? You talk of such ideal 'solutions' as forcing TC out of Cyprus whilst accusing me of supporting ethnic cleansing ?



TC's are Turks (or Ottomans) or converted Greek Cypriots with Cypriot passports and they should have been repatriated to Turkey like the Ottomans were from everywhere else in the disintegrated Ottoman empire. Why should those Ottoman subjects or converts in Cyprus be the exception? They oppressed Cypriots for centuries like the did everywhere else.

There certainly would not be a Cyprus problem today had that happened and the problem would also end, if this happens.


Maximus, you are really stupid. Why not discuss this matter based on facts instead of wishful thinking? Does the international community agree with you that we are not Cypriots? Do they even for a second consider the possibility of repatriating TC's to Turkey?. Are the current negotiations based on minority status for TC's?

Keep to the facts and stop fantasising all these unrealistic scenarios. whether you like it or not we are here and have every right to be here. You will never make Cyprus Greek and if you carry on with these fantasies the next time you get a hiding you will really hurt and you may even end up in the sea.
MR-from-NG
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2697
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:58 pm

Re: Victory!!!

Postby erolz66 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:24 pm

Maximus wrote:There is nothing inconsistent about my point of view ....


Keep insisting that your ideal solution is TC should have been or should be compelled to leave Cyprus on mass and that you are also on the side of 'European ideals' and 'civility' and against 'ethnic cleansing' if you must but I will just keep on pointing out the inconsistency in such if you do. Sorry.

Maximus wrote:Are you denying that TC's are not Ottomans or converts with Greek Cypriot passports ?


What I think TC are, are people for whom Cyprus is their homeland. The place they and generations before them were born and lived in and that they are attached to emotionally. They have elements of culture derived from places other than Cyprus, just as GC do, in terms of language and religion but they also are different from people in these other places as well, having been shaped by a different and uniquely Cypriot environment.
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Victory!!!

Postby supporttheunderdog » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:51 pm

Maximus wrote:
erolz66 wrote:
Maximus wrote:You consider yourselves to be a cut above the Cypriots though dont you?


Not at all. It does seem to me however that you consider yourself and all GC a Cypriot above me as a Cypriot ? Or have I got that wrong ? Are you more Cypriot than me, a truer Cypriot compared to me, just because you are GC and I am not, or not ?

Maximus wrote:You see the difference between me and you is that I am talking about democracy, the rule of law and justice for everyone and you are talking BS. Your ideology belongs nowhere in Europe, it is a figment of the Turkish imagination..


Yet you are the one who claims that TC are not Cypriots and what should have happened to them at the end of British colonial rule is that they should have been shipped out of Cyprus and back to Turkey. You think such forced removal of entire ethnic communities is compatible with European ideals of democracy and the rule of law do you? You talk of such ideal 'solutions' as forcing TC out of Cyprus whilst accusing me of supporting ethnic cleansing ?



TC's are Turks (or Ottomans) or converted Greek Cypriots with Cypriot passports and they should have been repatriated to Turkey like the Ottomans were from everywhere else in the disintegrated Ottoman empire. Why should those Ottoman subjects or converts in Cyprus be the exception? They oppressed Cypriots for centuries like the did everywhere else.

There certainly would not be a Cyprus problem today had that happened and the problem would also end, if this happens.


The problem would possibly have been The Turkish army rolling through all of Cyprus and possibly some Greek Islands. Not what I desire.
User avatar
supporttheunderdog
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8155
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:03 pm
Location: limassol

Re: Victory!!!

Postby Lordo » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:47 pm

Maximus wrote:
erolz66 wrote:
Maximus wrote:TC's are Turks (or Ottomans) or converted Greek Cypriots with Cypriot passports and they should have been repatriated to Turkey like the Ottomans were from everywhere else in the disintegrated Ottoman empire. Why should those Ottoman subjects or converts in Cyprus be the exception? They oppressed Cypriots for centuries like the did everywhere else.


Like I have said you are entirely entitled to such opinions. However if you insist on voicing them here whilst also claiming that you are on the side of 'democracy' and 'the rule of law' and 'civility' and 'European ideals', well then I will be compelled to point out the inconsistencies in your argument.

What options to do you think you leave TC when you claim what should have happened and what should happen is they all just leave Cyprus ? I would suggest the only options you leave TC in the face of such assertions is to either leave Cyprus, as you want them to do, or resist you by any means they can ?


There is nothing inconsistent about my point of view and it stands independent of democracy and the rule of law because "you" for centuries denied Cypriots of them and continue to this day to do just that in one form or another with the gun. So it is actually "you" that is inconsistent with democracy and the rule of law.

Are you denying that TC's are not Ottomans or converts with Greek Cypriot passports ?

bgos eshesen dje evgiges esuni reh vromismene hade ellathan bu nabais exo stanatheman dje bodji
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Victory!!!

Postby Maximus » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:31 pm

MR-from-NG wrote:
Maximus, you are really stupid. Why not discuss this matter based on facts instead of wishful thinking? Does the international community agree with you that we are not Cypriots? Do they even for a second consider the possibility of repatriating TC's to Turkey?. Are the current negotiations based on minority status for TC's?

Keep to the facts and stop fantasising all these unrealistic scenarios. whether you like it or not we are here and have every right to be here. You will never make Cyprus Greek and if you carry on with these fantasies the next time you get a hiding you will really hurt and you may even end up in the sea.


You would not know the difference between a fact and an opinion and even if you claim that you do you will still ignore the facts and try to pass your opinion as one.

Its a fact that the TC's want to keep the property they stole from the GC's
Its a fact that they want disproportionate rights compared to their GC counterparts.
Its a fact that they do not want democracy in Cyprus.
Its a fact that they are Ottoman remnants or converted GC's.
Its a fact that they have been oppressing GCs for centuries.
It is a fact that their numbers are declining drastically.
Its a fact that they, along with Turkey ignore UN resolutions to end the occupation of Cyprus.
Its a fact, that the TC's are an ethnic minority in Cyprus.
Its a fact that Cyprus is entrenched and dominated by Greek culture and an orthodox religion.
its a fact that the TC's changed the demographic character of the island

These are facts - so why dont you stick with the facts you ignorant fool?
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4274
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: Victory!!!

Postby kurupetos » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:33 pm

Get Real! wrote:
kurupetos wrote:That's exactly why Hellenism is superior... after all we all know the prophecy...

Hellenism is just a gay underground movement with ELAM at the helm.

Now tell us why DEKO supports homos... :roll:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17887
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests