The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


DO YOU CONSIDER PAPHITIS VIEWS VALID

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

ARE PAPHITIS'S VIEWS ON SYRIA VALID ?

Poll ended at Tue May 31, 2016 8:49 am

YES, PAPHITIS VIEWS ON SYRIA ARE VALID
1
13%
NO, PAPHITIS VIEWS ON SYRIA ARE NOT VALID
7
88%
 
Total votes : 8

Re: DO YOU CONSIDER PAPHITIS VIEWS VALID

Postby Paphitis » Wed May 25, 2016 7:42 am

miltiades wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
miltiades wrote:Not a great deal of ...enthusiastic endorsement of Paphitis' unequivocal, according to him, views on the Syrian issue and those associated with Syria.


It doesn't look like there is any non enthusiastic support for my views.

So you have lost in other words.

Image


I see YOUR vote has been cast :lol: :lol: Well I think I will shortly be casting mine :lol:


I don't vote in these things, but I seriously doubt you have not voted yourself.

You seem very unconfident about your views and seek approval, whereas I have no such issue.

You need to debunk my views, but they can't because most countries seem to share similar views to mine.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20993
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: DO YOU CONSIDER PAPHITIS VIEWS VALID

Postby Paphitis » Wed May 25, 2016 7:46 am

Tim Drayton wrote:It's curious that Sputnik is reporting positively on the campaign to liberate Raqqa, given that this is a Western backed move. I get more and more convinced that there has been some kind of backroom deal between the West and Putin over Syria.

http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20160 ... ation.html


So does this mean they will stop bombing the SDF? Or will they wait until they liberate Raqqa and then start bombing them again in Raqqa just like they are doing in Aleppo.

I hope you're right, and if you are, it means the SDF are on the cusp of a political solution acceptable to them.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20993
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: DO YOU CONSIDER PAPHITIS VIEWS VALID

Postby miltiades » Wed May 25, 2016 8:00 am

Paphitis wrote:
miltiades wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
miltiades wrote:Not a great deal of ...enthusiastic endorsement of Paphitis' unequivocal, according to him, views on the Syrian issue and those associated with Syria.


It doesn't look like there is any non enthusiastic support for my views.

So you have lost in other words.

Image


I see YOUR vote has been cast :lol: :lol: Well I think I will shortly be casting mine :lol:


I don't vote in these things, but I seriously doubt you have not voted yourself.

You seem very unconfident about your views and seek approval, whereas I have no such issue.

You need to debunk my views, but they can't because most countries seem to share similar views to mine.

This is what I posted way back in 2012, at the start of the Syrian conflict. My views, unlike yours, have not wavered.

" » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:56 am

Turkeys reaction to the Syrian shelling and the killing of 5 civilians was not excessive and understandable given the fact that every sovereign nation has an absolute right to defend its citizens and its territory. I hope that Turkey does not carry out the wishes of the West in this instance. Syria must be left alone to solve its own problems, Russia, in my opinion as well as China are absolutely right in not supporting the revolutionaries infested with Islamic extremists and Jihadis. The West is making a dreadful error in contributing financially to the revolutionaries aided and abated by extremist Islamists who come to Syria from all corners of the world.Stay out of Syria is the best option and the only option that the West should consider.
Back to Turkey and her undeniable right to defend its borders, lets hope that she may also realize the folly of her actions in invading and occupying a large part of a sovereign nation, our Cyprus.. Many nations are critical of Turkey and her hypocrisy in presenting herself as a defender of sovereignty whilst 40 thousand of her troops are occupying the northern parts of Cyprus.
The pseudo state she created and controls is a corrupt unrecognized entity, yet Turkey refuses to recognize the RoC which the entire world does. Its time for Turkey to realize that the 38 year occupation can not go on for ever, it damages her greatly in the eyes of the world, its bad for her economy and its detrimental to her ambitions to become a serious power in the ME.its also time for all Cypriots to embrace their true and only motherland, the island of Cyprus, the other two so called motherlands have brought us nothing but pain and suffering, propaganda and indoctrination. Cypriots stand up and swear alliance to our island, our beautiful sweet sunny Cyprus.
Milti
New Member
New Member

Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:34 pm

This is what you posted in August 2013. Was it ...valid then ? Why is it not Valid now?

"Another thing that confuses me is the fact that the Rebels are backed by fundamentalist Islamists. Sometimes, it is better in helping regimes like Assad, Qaddafi, and Mubarak maintain their power to keep everything under tight control and peaceful.

Simple fact is, some countries are just not ready for democracy and it is over rated anyway. Let's face it! Is the US, EU, or any other 'democracy' truly a democracy? Just because you get to cast your ballot does not mean you have a say. "
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16345
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Re: DO YOU CONSIDER PAPHITIS VIEWS VALID

Postby Paphitis » Wed May 25, 2016 8:08 am

The Rebels are not backed by fundamentalists. You are completely wrong.

The SDF has always been fighting ISIL, Al Nusra and a couple of other Islamist Groups.

Keep reading Sputnik!

NOT ONLY THAT. But the SDF also comprises Christian, Assyrian, and Armenian and Kurdish elements!
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20993
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: DO YOU CONSIDER PAPHITIS VIEWS VALID

Postby Paphitis » Wed May 25, 2016 8:15 am

Well it looks like Oracle has added her vote which is an even bigger validation for my views, plus another Miltiades clone or double!

Anyway, enjoy your little popularity contest old man. I'm out of this thread.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20993
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: DO YOU CONSIDER PAPHITIS VIEWS VALID

Postby miltiades » Wed May 25, 2016 8:23 am

Paphitis wrote:The Rebels are not backed by fundamentalists. You are completely wrong.

The SDF has always been fighting ISIL, Al Nusra and a couple of other Islamist Groups.

Keep reading Sputnik!

NOT ONLY THAT. But the SDF also comprises Christian, Assyrian, and Armenian and Kurdish elements!

Thats NOT what you said !!! Look :The Rebels are backed by fundamentalist Islamists. "
Your words, NOT MINE !!
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16345
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Re: DO YOU CONSIDER PAPHITIS VIEWS VALID

Postby Paphitis » Wed May 25, 2016 8:37 am

miltiades wrote:
Paphitis wrote:The Rebels are not backed by fundamentalists. You are completely wrong.

The SDF has always been fighting ISIL, Al Nusra and a couple of other Islamist Groups.

Keep reading Sputnik!

NOT ONLY THAT. But the SDF also comprises Christian, Assyrian, and Armenian and Kurdish elements!

Thats NOT what you said !!! Look :The Rebels are backed by fundamentalist Islamists. "
Your words, NOT MINE !!


No I didn't say that!

The SDF is a very broad group which represents Sunnis, Kurds, Assyrians, and Armenians. It is not a Jihadist group which engages in terrorist activity. It's not fighting for a caliphate or Islamist State.

I suggest you all reflect on how low you have all stooped when you see the misery of Syrian refugees. I can't respect these views of associate myself with individuals who are so cruel!

As I said, I am too busy to be involved in this petty nonsense!

So you win. My views are rubbish!

All the best to all of you.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20993
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: DO YOU CONSIDER PAPHITIS VIEWS VALID

Postby Londonrake » Wed May 25, 2016 8:54 am

To deliberately target an individual in a poll is an act of gratuitous spite.

You should all be ashamed of yourselves.
Londonrake
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 638
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: DO YOU CONSIDER PAPHITIS VIEWS VALID

Postby miltiades » Wed May 25, 2016 8:58 am

Now you are making a fool of your self. Go to WAR ON SYRIA PAGE 21. This is your entire post:

Re: The war against Syria
Postby Paphitis » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:35 am

Get Real! wrote:
It's available here...

US 'backed plan to launch chemical weapon attack on Syria, blame it on Assad govt': Report

http://in.news.yahoo.com/us-backed-plan ... 48224.html


Wife is telling me that an attack on Syria is imminent.

Australian PM called off his election campaign because he was needed for high level discussions with the US. Australia is chair of the Security Council.

What they do admit is that they are unsure whether the chemical attacks on civilians are from Assad or the Islamist Rebels. It is possible that the Rebels have Chemical Weapons as well.

They believe it is likely to be Assad but they apparently need to gather more intelligence.

It is also unlikely they will have a mandate from the UN. Therefore, action will be unilateral or NATO.

Whoever is responsible for these Sarin Gas attacks needs to be pulverized. I can't bear seeing civilians, women and innocent children being exposed to such a terrible nerve agent. Absolutely sick.

Another thing that confuses me is the fact that the Rebels are backed by fundamentalist Islamists. Sometimes, it is better in helping regimes like Assad, Qaddafi, and Mubarak maintain their power to keep everything under tight control and peaceful.

Simple fact is, some countries are just not ready for democracy and it is over rated anyway. Let's face it! Is the US, EU, or any other 'democracy' truly a democracy? Just because you get to cast your ballot does not mean you have a say.

Anyway, that was my one post per few days in this mental assylum because I'm off to Merkal land. The land of the Krauts that control Europe and screwed you buggers! They are democratic I will have you know because they have more money than you do and matter more than you do!
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Posts: 18970
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 3:06 pm
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16345
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Re: DO YOU CONSIDER PAPHITIS VIEWS VALID

Postby Tim Drayton » Wed May 25, 2016 10:15 am

Paphitis wrote:
Tim Drayton wrote:It's curious that Sputnik is reporting positively on the campaign to liberate Raqqa, given that this is a Western backed move. I get more and more convinced that there has been some kind of backroom deal between the West and Putin over Syria.

http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20160 ... ation.html


So does this mean they will stop bombing the SDF? Or will they wait until they liberate Raqqa and then start bombing them again in Raqqa just like they are doing in Aleppo.

I hope you're right, and if you are, it means the SDF are on the cusp of a political solution acceptable to them.


Going by the following, which appeared yesterday in another Putin propaganda vehicle, the Russians appear willing to cooperate on Raqqa. Aleppo may be a different story.

A large-scale offensive to liberate an Islamic State stronghold in the Syrian city of Raqqa would go more smoothly and effectively if Washington and Moscow coordinated air support and anti-terror forces on the ground, believes Russian FM Sergey Lavrov.

“[The Liberation of] Raqqa is undoubtedly one of the goals of the anti-terror coalition, as well as the Iraqi city of Mosul,” Lavrov said on Tuesday, noting that the two cities could have been recaptured sooner and more effectively if Russian and American military forces started coordinating their moves.

“Right now there is a chance that such coordination will take place,” Lavrov said, adding that he can “responsibly confirm” that Moscow is ready for such coordination.

“We believe that the Russian air-space forces and those of the US-led coalition should work in a synchronized and coordinated manner and help those on the ground actually confronting terrorist squads,” Lavrov stressed, referring to both the Kurdish militias and the armed forces of the Syrian Arab Republic.
...


https://www.rt.com/news/344260-isis-raq ... d-efforts/
User avatar
Tim Drayton
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8226
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Limassol/Lemesos

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest