The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


My correspondence with the leader of “Satan’s church”

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Re: My correspondence with the leader of “Satan’s church”

Postby Get Real! » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:38 pm

Pyrpolizer wrote:the simple answer to those questions is :WE DON'T KNOW or we are unable to know.

And what do we do in Maths when we have unknowns Einstein?

We separate the knowns from the unknowns...

So what is known to us?

FACT 1: That the universe exists.

FACT 2: That the universe has a source.

Well, let that source be represented by the symbol “GOD” so putting it all together under one sentence…

“The universe exists and its source is GOD”

Voila! Indisputable perfection!
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40525
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: My correspondence with the leader of “Satan’s church”

Postby Pyrpolizer » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:26 pm

Get Real! wrote:
Atheist wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
Pyrpolizer wrote:God is a human invention to explain everything we don't understand.

And where did the universe come from if God is not responsible for it?


Your response confirms what Pyrpolizer said. You use "God" in order to explain what you don't understand. Stupid people have been doing that for millennia.

If they didn't understand how a solar eclipse would come about they would use "God" to explain it. Same with earthquakes and other natural phenomena for which they didn't yet have a scientific explanation.

Smart people do not use "Gods" to explain things. We can either explain something scientifically or we can't (yet). The correct answer for something we don't know is "We don't know", and not "God". I bet that if we analyzed peoples beliefs during history "God" would be the number 1 wrong answer for things that we now know the right answer.

Listen carefully you spoiled and uneducated little cry-baby because I’ve probably done more Maths in my lifetime than you and your entire stupid clan put together.

It is perfectly acceptable to use a variable with which to represent a unknown.

For example, I’ve explained in the recent past how we use variables to represent incalculable things like the square root of -1.

Now by the same token, given that we cannot identify (in any human way) the source of the universe then it is perfectly acceptable to use the variable “GOD”.

Therefore, NOBODY can claim that there is no GOD because it is a well established variable that represents the source of the universe.

And you can kick and scream like a little bitch till the cows come home, but you’ll NEVER be able to change this fact.

Comprende little fella? Atta girl! :wink:


Sure, he can never change the fact that you just created an IMAGINARY variable that you called "God" just like mathematicians created an endless series of IMAGINARY numbers on the assumption that negative numbers should have square roots just like the positive ones. Mathematicians are honest enough though to call those numbers 'i" standing for "imaginary". Now be equally honest and call your God variable "i" GR, will you? :mrgreen:
User avatar
Pyrpolizer
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 9096
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:33 pm

Re: My correspondence with the leader of “Satan’s church”

Postby Get Real! » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:37 pm

Pyrpolizer wrote:Sure, he can never change the fact that you just created an IMAGINARY variable that you called "God" just like mathematicians created an endless series of IMAGINARY numbers on the assumption that negative numbers should have square roots just like the positive ones. Mathematicians are honest enough though to call those numbers 'i" standing for "imaginary". Now be equally honest and call your God variable "i" GR, will you? :mrgreen:

You can use whichever symbol or word you like but the masses have already decided on “GOD”.

If you want to change the label go start your global campaign.

So which part of using a variable to represent a unknown, don’t you understand?

Arnold in the “Conan” movies called him CROM or maybe spelt KROM.

Feel free to use you imagination if the global standard "GOD" makes you uncomfortable.
Last edited by Get Real! on Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40525
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: My correspondence with the leader of “Satan’s church”

Postby Pyrpolizer » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:43 pm

Get Real! wrote:
Pyrpolizer wrote:Sure, he can never change the fact that you just created an IMAGINARY variable that you called "God" just like mathematicians created an endless series of IMAGINARY numbers on the assumption that negative numbers should have square roots just like the positive ones. Mathematicians are honest enough though to call those numbers 'i" standing for "imaginary". Now be equally honest and call your God variable "i" GR, will you? :mrgreen:

You can use whichever symbol or word you like but the masses have already decided on “GOD”.

If you want to change the label go start your global campaign.

So which part of using a variable to represent a unknown, don’t you understand?


It seems to me that's you who refuses to understand that your variable is just an IMAGINARY thing!
You are free to be with the masses, just like I am free to distant myself from those fools :wink:
User avatar
Pyrpolizer
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 9096
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:33 pm

Re: My correspondence with the leader of “Satan’s church”

Postby Get Real! » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:45 pm

Pyrpolizer wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
Pyrpolizer wrote:Sure, he can never change the fact that you just created an IMAGINARY variable that you called "God" just like mathematicians created an endless series of IMAGINARY numbers on the assumption that negative numbers should have square roots just like the positive ones. Mathematicians are honest enough though to call those numbers 'i" standing for "imaginary". Now be equally honest and call your God variable "i" GR, will you? :mrgreen:

You can use whichever symbol or word you like but the masses have already decided on “GOD”.

If you want to change the label go start your global campaign.

So which part of using a variable to represent a unknown, don’t you understand?


It seems to me that's you who refuses to understand that your variable is just an IMAGINARY thing!
You are free to be with the masses, just like I am free to distant myself from those fools :wink:

No, you are NOT free to deny that the universe has a source which you can label as "nameless" for all I care.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40525
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: My correspondence with the leader of “Satan’s church”

Postby Atheist » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:49 pm

The term "God" does not represent the unknown. That term entails at the very least an intelligent entity with super natural powers and in monotheistic religions it is considered to be the ultimate being and has a lot more attributes and a whole mythology attached to it. Just look up "God" in any dictionary.

Funny how when Get Real got cornered he reduced his "God" to be equivalent to the "unknown", but in other occasions he would talk about the Bible, which includes the whole mythology.

FACT 2: That the universe has a source.


That is not a fact. Even if you reduce your "God" to nothing more than an "unknown" which existed at some point in the past and has nothing to do with morality and our lives in general, you still can not make the existence of such thing logically necessary.
Atheist
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 201
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:24 am

Re: My correspondence with the leader of “Satan’s church”

Postby Paphitis » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:51 pm

Get Real! wrote:
Pyrpolizer wrote:Sure, he can never change the fact that you just created an IMAGINARY variable that you called "God" just like mathematicians created an endless series of IMAGINARY numbers on the assumption that negative numbers should have square roots just like the positive ones. Mathematicians are honest enough though to call those numbers 'i" standing for "imaginary". Now be equally honest and call your God variable "i" GR, will you? :mrgreen:

You can use whichever symbol or word you like but the masses have already decided on “GOD”.

If you want to change the label go start your global campaign.

So which part of using a variable to represent a unknown, don’t you understand?

Arnold in the “Conan” movies called him CROM or maybe spelt KROM.

Feel free to use you imagination if the global standard "GOD" makes you uncomfortable.


What masses?

Atheism is growing worldwide. They even exist in the most mom secular states, even under threat of death.

Atheists exist even among the baptized and even within the Islamic World and growing fast at an unprecedented level.

These days, knowledge and philosophy is at everyone's fingertips. People are able to explore within seconds and make their own minds up.

The old days of faith without question are long gone!
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21003
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: My correspondence with the leader of “Satan’s church”

Postby Get Real! » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:55 pm

Atheist wrote:The term "God" does not represent the unknown.

That's something you just invented... seems a recurring theme with you!

Atheist wrote:Funny how when Get Real got cornered he reduced his "God" to be equivalent to the "unknown", but in other occasions he would talk about the Bible, which includes the whole mythology.

Cornered by whom, you? :roll: :lol:

The universe is very real and its source is very real. Nothing imaginary other than a LABEL we are using because we can't understand it. That's all.

FACT 2: That the universe has a source.


Atheist wrote:That is not a fact. Even if you reduce your "God" to nothing more than an "unknown" which existed at some point in the past and has nothing to do with morality and our lives in general, you still can not make the existence of such thing logically necessary.

Primary school baloney...
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40525
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: My correspondence with the leader of “Satan’s church”

Postby Get Real! » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:59 pm

Paphitis wrote:What masses?

Atheism is growing worldwide. They even exist in the most mom secular states, even under threat of death.

Atheists exist even among the baptized and even within the Islamic World and growing fast at an unprecedented level.

These days, knowledge and philosophy is at everyone's fingertips. People are able to explore within seconds and make their own minds up.

The old days of faith without question are long gone!

Irrelevant baloney.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40525
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: My correspondence with the leader of “Satan’s church”

Postby Paphitis » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:01 pm

Atheist wrote:The term "God" does not represent the unknown. That term entails at the very least an intelligent entity with super natural powers and in monotheistic religions it is considered to be the ultimate being and has a lot more attributes and a whole mythology attached to it. Just look up "God" in any dictionary.

Funny how when Get Real got cornered he reduced his "God" to be equivalent to the "unknown", but in other occasions he would talk about the Bible, which includes the whole mythology.

FACT 2: That the universe has a source.


That is not a fact. Even if you reduce your "God" to nothing more than an "unknown" which existed at some point in the past and has nothing to do with morality and our lives in general, you still can not make the existence of such thing logically necessary.


It's all too convenient to attribute any unknowns to God. There will always be unknowns but as we develop as humans, we make huge discoveries and uncover many unknowns. For instance, some centuries ago, it was common to believe the earth was flat. We know it isn't.

Education and literacy is on the rise worldwide, and with it a new enlightenment. Some countries are now mostly Atheistic and most of these countries are among the most affluent and developed. Religion is on the retreat, even in Cyprus.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21003
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests