The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


SADDAM HANGED AT DAWN

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Postby pantheman » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:44 am

miltiades wrote:Good riddance as he joins the rest of his followers , the daily suicide bombers who are not giving Iraq a chance of stability and justice to return. He was a murderous dictator and received what the Iraqi justice system offered.
Let us hope that the killings in markets , job centres , high streets , weddings and funerals comes to an end and the Iraqi people give peace a chance. The religious leaders are the ones that must make every effort to unite the people and stop encouraging the creation of more dead martyrs.


Miltiades, as much as i respect your posts, i feel i need to reply to this one in paticular.

It was the americans who created this man in the first place, they got him into power, they supported him during the Iran-Iraq war with allsorts of weapons ( including chemical) this is the reason they insisted there were WMD in iraq, because they themselves gave him the bloody stuff.

Ontop of all that, remind me again under which mandate the USA and UK went into iraq , oh yes thats right, UN resolution 1441, well bloody hell they actuall enfroced a resolution, why not in cyprus ?? Numerous resolutions !!! Because it didnt suit them in cyprus to do so. Bastards.

I agree he did bad, very bad, but when you create such a monster you have to carry some responsibilty. The USA and UK governments carry none, their answer was to hang him and that they did. The iraqis didn't hang him the americans did hiding behind the iraqi people just like they always do. I'm not condoning killings, but you need to analyse why these things happen in the first place. He may have killed people publically, but the USA and UK governments kill them by stealth and manipulating others.

Sorry if this does't tie in nicely with your opinion, but these are the facts.
I challenge you to prove me wrong on any point made above.

Pantheman

Xrovia polla kai eutixismenos o neos etos.
User avatar
pantheman
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1553
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:21 pm

Postby Kikapu » Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:04 am

pantheman wrote: Miltiades, as much as i respect your posts, i feel i need to reply to this one in paticular.

It was the americans who created this man in the first place, they got him into power, they supported him during the Iran-Iraq war with allsorts of weapons ( including chemical) this is the reason they insisted there were WMD in iraq, because they themselves gave him the bloody stuff.

Ontop of all that, remind me again under which mandate the USA and UK went into iraq , oh yes thats right, UN resolution 1441, well bloody hell they actuall enfroced a resolution, why not in cyprus ?? Numerous resolutions !!! Because it didnt suit them in cyprus to do so. Bastards.

I agree he did bad, very bad, but when you create such a monster you have to carry some responsibilty. The USA and UK governments carry none, their answer was to hang him and that they did. The iraqis didn't hang him the americans did hiding behind the iraqi people just like they always do. I'm not condoning killings, but you need to analyse why these things happen in the first place. He may have killed people publically, but the USA and UK governments kill them by stealth and manipulating others.

Sorry if this does't tie in nicely with your opinion, but these are the facts.
I challenge you to prove me wrong on any point made above.

Pantheman

Xrovia polla kai eutixismenos o neos etos.


You are correct on all points Pantheman. You just forgot one other event, that the USA set up Saddam for a fall, Kuwait. Saddam asked American Madam Ambassador to Iraq, what would be US's position, if he invaded Kuwait, because Saddam believed, Kuwait was a province of Iraq, and the reply was, " we would consider it as a internal matter and that USA would not take a position". Next thing you know, Saddam was faced with 500,000 troops against his nation. That was the begining of the end, for the love affaire between Saddam and the US foreign policy.
User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 13541
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Postby dinos » Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:07 am

BOF wrote:
dinos wrote:BOF, I stand by my comments - killing is wrong - that applies both to the people Ceausescu had killed as well as his own demise. Do you disagree?

Er no i dont Dinos. But im a little bemused, i have not questioned your comments...i agree with your statement above. ????
I added the name of ollie north as another name to forget "like that romanian guy"was mentioned in another post......... :?


I got thrown off by another part of your comment, incorrectly as your clarification above indicates.

I'm not familiar with your writing style; these things can happen with written communication. No offense was intended. I'm definitely looking forward to forgetting Ollie.

Hope you're well,
-dinos
User avatar
dinos
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 848
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:28 pm
Location: New York

Postby miltiades » Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:56 am

Pantheman wrote:
""""It was the americans who created this man in the first place, they got him into power, they supported him during the Iran-Iraq war with allsorts of weapons ( including chemical) this is the reason they insisted there were WMD in iraq, because they themselves gave him the bloody stuff.

Ontop of all that, remind me again under which mandate the USA and UK went into iraq , oh yes thats right, UN resolution 1441, well bloody hell they actuall enfroced a resolution, why not in cyprus ?? Numerous resolutions !!! Because it didnt suit them in cyprus to do so. Bastards.

I agree he did bad, very bad, but when you create such a monster you have to carry some responsibilty. The USA and UK governments carry none, their answer was to hang him and that they did. The iraqis didn't hang him the Americans did hiding behind the Iraqi people just like they always do. I'm not condoning killings, but you need to analyse why these things happen in the first place. He may have killed people publically, but the USA and UK governments kill them by stealth and manipulating others.

Sorry if this does't tie in nicely with your opinion, but these are the facts.
I challenge you to prove me wrong on any point made above.

Pantheman

Xrovia polla kai eutixismenos o neos etos."""

Pantheman I do not for one second dispute the undeniable fact that the Americans supported Sadam and actively , through devious means , supplied him with weapons , contrary to the agreement that existed during the Iran war with Russia not to do so .
I also agree entirely that the USA along with Britain will dismiss most of the UN resolutions if such resolutions are against their interests. Nothing new in that , it has been the norm through out centuries that the powerful will protect their own interests at all costs .This philosophy is accepted through out the world by progressive and powerful nations , in fact Turkey is one such nation (Out of 28 Muslim countries Turkey is the only one that supports Israel )

In one of our earlier discus ions I posted that in order to serve the interests of Cyprus I would go to bed with the devil. It is our duty as Cypriots to put the interests of our nation ahead of all else even if it means being devious and unfriendly to some nations from whom we have nothing to gain and lots to loose by being friendly towards them. That is what I and most acute political observers also do.

May I wish a happy and a prosperous new year ke efxome o Ais Vasilis na sou feri oti pothis.
Filikotata Miltiades.
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16349
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Postby BOF » Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:11 pm

dinos wrote:
BOF wrote:
dinos wrote:BOF, I stand by my comments - killing is wrong - that applies both to the people Ceausescu had killed as well as his own demise. Do you disagree?

Er no i dont Dinos. But im a little bemused, i have not questioned your comments...i agree with your statement above. ????
I added the name of ollie north as another name to forget "like that romanian guy"was mentioned in another post......... :?


I got thrown off by another part of your comment, incorrectly as your clarification above indicates.

I'm not familiar with your writing style; these things can happen with written communication. No offense was intended. I'm definitely looking forward to forgetting Ollie.

Hope you're well,
-dinos


No Offence was taken Dinos, i was just baffled.
A Happy new year to you and your Family.
User avatar
BOF
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 783
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:21 pm

Postby BOF » Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:49 pm

8) HOORAY!! on one of the holiest days of islam, on the day they hanged Saddam, Britain made its final payment to the U.S for lend lease in the second world war ! (including interest) 60 YEARS.....i wonder how long we will be paying for Iraq?
User avatar
BOF
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 783
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:21 pm

Postby Kikapu » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:28 pm

GorillaGal wrote:
bush on the other hand, has to report to a cabnet, a house, a senate, the american people.

yes, bush is responsable for thousands of deaths, but this is war. you can't have a war without people dying. yes, innocent people died.


Are you really sure Bush reported the "Truth" to the people and the Congress.?? If he had, we would not be in a war right now.

You say this is war, but how do you know what war is. Is America at war, or is it just American Soldiers at war.??

I mean, do you feel like you're at war each day you're living in New York, or are you able to go to any shops you want, have all your basic needs at home, including food and water and electricity.

Are any of the Major Sport events cancelled due to the "war".??

Do you have to wait in long lines to get fuel, due to "war shortages".??

Do you need to turn out the lights at night, have a "black out".??

Do you have jets and gun fire going around you at all times..(street gangs do not count) ???

I can go on and on, but I think you get the point. The point is, it annoys me, when you say people get killed in wars and we should just accept it, when in fact, Americans are not living with a war, and have not since the "Civil War", 150 years ago. So please, do not make statements about war, that you or other Americans are not being touched by it, other than the soldiers, who have been sent to fight, for reasons I'm sure that they do not understand.

Perhaps few weeks in Iraq will do all those who support this war, rather than talking shit from a distance, in the comforts of their home, watching their favourite, "dumb down" mindless TV shows. No wonder "Born again Idiot" Bush was able to sell this war to the Americans.

I don't know who is dumber, Bush or the American public.???????????????
User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 13541
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Postby G.Man » Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:03 pm

Kikapu wrote:
GorillaGal wrote:
bush on the other hand, has to report to a cabnet, a house, a senate, the american people.

yes, bush is responsable for thousands of deaths, but this is war. you can't have a war without people dying. yes, innocent people died.


Are you really sure Bush reported the "Truth" to the people and the Congress.?? If he had, we would not be in a war right now.

You say this is war, but how do you know what war is. Is America at war, or is it just American Soldiers at war.??

I mean, do you feel like you're at war each day you're living in New York, or are you able to go to any shops you want, have all your basic needs at home, including food and water and electricity.

Are any of the Major Sport events cancelled due to the "war".??

Do you have to wait in long lines to get fuel, due to "war shortages".??

Do you need to turn out the lights at night, have a "black out".??

Do you have jets and gun fire going around you at all times..(street gangs do not count) ???

I can go on and on, but I think you get the point. The point is, it annoys me, when you say people get killed in wars and we should just accept it, when in fact, Americans are not living with a war, and have not since the "Civil War", 150 years ago. So please, do not make statements about war, that you or other Americans are not being touched by it, other than the soldiers, who have been sent to fight, for reasons I'm sure that they do not understand.

Perhaps few weeks in Iraq will do all those who support this war, rather than talking shit from a distance, in the comforts of their home, watching their favourite, "dumb down" mindless TV shows. No wonder "Born again Idiot" Bush was able to sell this war to the Americans.

I don't know who is dumber, Bush or the American public.???????????????


I have nothing to add... a succinct and wholely accurate post....

Now, whats going to happen if Iran sells its oil in Euro's, I mean gets weapons of mas destruction...

:roll: :wink:
G.Man
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 853
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:22 am
Location: Strovolos

Previous

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests