The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Weather in May

Visiting Cyprus? Ask any questions you have here.

Moderator: Piratis

Postby Niki » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:53 pm

cyprusgrump wrote:Head for the hills!

We have horizontal hailstones!


School run was fun!! :roll:

Running in hailstones, dodging the lightening, getting soaked (am a little nervous about umbrellas in lightening since daughter's friends ended up in intensive care after their umbrella was hit last year) and wading through the rivers that had once been roads.

There seems to be no way to harness this water though, it just drains into the ground!
User avatar
Niki
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2441
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:02 pm
Location: UK

Postby cyprusgrump » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Niki wrote:
cyprusgrump wrote:Head for the hills!

We have horizontal hailstones!


School run was fun!! :roll:

Running in hailstones, dodging the lightening, getting soaked (am a little nervous about umbrellas in lightening since daughter's friends ended up in intensive care after their umbrella was hit last year) and wading through the rivers that had once been roads.

There seems to be no way to harness this water though, it just drains into the ground!

And they'll still be hozing down their patios later... :roll:
User avatar
cyprusgrump
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6626
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:35 pm
Location: Pissouri, Cyprus

Postby tessintrnc » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:28 pm

Bill wrote:Looks like the snows arrived :shock:


Image


Bill ~ wet & windy :(


Bill (wet and windy) is that the result of your low fat, high fibre diet? :lol:

tess
User avatar
tessintrnc
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2743
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:17 am
Location: Ozanköy

Postby webbo » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:28 pm

cyprusgrump wrote:Head for the hills!

We have horizontal hailstones!


You can keep them!!!!!!!!!!!
Bubbles x 8)
User avatar
webbo
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4698
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:08 pm

Postby cyprusgrump » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:34 pm

webbo wrote:
cyprusgrump wrote:Head for the hills!

We have horizontal hailstones!


You can keep them!!!!!!!!!!!
Bubbles x 8)

The hills or the hailstones? :?
User avatar
cyprusgrump
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6626
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:35 pm
Location: Pissouri, Cyprus

Postby webbo » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:45 pm

cyprusgrump wrote:
webbo wrote:
cyprusgrump wrote:Head for the hills!

We have horizontal hailstones!


You can keep them!!!!!!!!!!!
Bubbles x 8)

The hills or the hailstones? :?


Guess!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

B x 8)
User avatar
webbo
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4698
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:08 pm

Postby Biddy » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:46 pm

Beginning of May last year was lovely - a heatwave but this changed around the 7th - very heavy thunderstorms and rain for 3 days. I believe there have been prayers said in the churches for rain in Cyprus it having been a particularly dry winter. Never worry - be out in Cyprus on the 13th May and I will guarantee rain. Always does wherever I go!!
Seriously mid May onwards is OK for serious sun worshippers.
Biddy
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:54 pm
Location: Lancashire

Postby Bill » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:41 am

I see the web cam is still blocked up with snow :(

Bill
Bill
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1903
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 10:58 am
Location: ~ Sunny South East Coast of Cyprus

Previous

Return to Cyprus Tourism

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests