The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Processing time on citizenship acquired via parent

Ask any specific question related to Cyprus.

Processing time on citizenship acquired via parent

Postby aa-mac » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:44 pm

Hello everyone!

I recently found out I'm a eligible for citizenship in Cyprus due to my father. So I'll be a dual citizen of Australia and Cyprus! Pretty exciting for me.

Anyway, I've handed in my application to the Cypriot embassy a few weeks ago and I've paid my fee.

I'm wondering if anyone knew the processing time and the next steps. Hoping someone has gone through the same thing as me. Just want to know what to expect and how long it all took.

I've already asked the Embassy and they said "It takes a while" which is a fairy vague answer.

I'm currently living in Europe so I didn't do it through the Australian Embassy but rather the Swedish Embassy. They said I'm the first to go through their embassy in years. :D
aa-mac
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:02 pm

Re: Processing time on citizenship acquired via parent

Postby aa-mac » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:33 am

Just to update it’s been a month. I’m still waiting to hear something. I’ve email and have yet to hear a reply or anything about the waiting times. I’m thinking everyone is probably away to due to Christmas.

Hopefully, by the early new year I hear something
aa-mac
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:02 pm

Re: Processing time on citizenship acquired via parent

Postby CBBB » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:58 am

aa-mac wrote:Just to update it’s been a month. I’m still waiting to hear something. I’ve email and have yet to hear a reply or anything about the waiting times. I’m thinking everyone is probably away to due to Christmas.

Hopefully, by the early new year I hear something


They are not exactly the speediest of services, you should probably think in years rather than months.
User avatar
CBBB
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11483
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 1:15 pm
Location: Centre of the Universe

Re: Processing time on citizenship acquired via parent

Postby miltiades » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:01 pm

As I recall, when my daughter , UK born, English mother, and I a ...true Cypriot being the father, the whole process took around 2 months.
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16771
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Re: Processing time on citizenship acquired via parent

Postby CBBB » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:13 pm

miltiades wrote:As I recall, when my daughter , UK born, English mother, and I a ...true Cypriot being the father, the whole process took around 2 months.


When they are born it is very quick.
User avatar
CBBB
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11483
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 1:15 pm
Location: Centre of the Universe

Re: Processing time on citizenship acquired via parent

Postby aa-mac » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:56 pm

CBBB wrote:
aa-mac wrote:Just to update it’s been a month. I’m still waiting to hear something. I’ve email and have yet to hear a reply or anything about the waiting times. I’m thinking everyone is probably away to due to Christmas.

Hopefully, by the early new year I hear something


They are not exactly the speediest of services, you should probably think in years rather than months.


Years? Why is that? Is there are reason you are saying years?

The embassy said the last girl who did this 3 years ago it took a few months from what they can remember but that was 3 years ago.
aa-mac
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:02 pm

Re: Processing time on citizenship acquired via parent

Postby aa-mac » Mon May 21, 2018 1:02 pm

I received a call today from the embassy today saying I was given the wrong form and I need to pay more money. They are at least looking at my application now. But I wonder if because of the wrong form I was given if this means I'll have to wait an even longer time.
aa-mac
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:02 pm

Re: Processing time on citizenship acquired via parent

Postby aa-mac » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:37 pm

I have finally received my citizenship today. So roughly the processing time took about 11 months. I think it took a bit longer than average because I had filled in the wrong form originally or something. Also, I did it through an embassy.
aa-mac
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:02 pm

Re: Processing time on citizenship acquired via parent

Postby B25 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:39 am

aa-mac wrote:I have finally received my citizenship today. So roughly the processing time took about 11 months. I think it took a bit longer than average because I had filled in the wrong form originally or something. Also, I did it through an embassy.


Congratulations, you do realise that now you are a citizen, and if you are under the age of 50, that you could be conscripted into the army, right??

Good Luck.
User avatar
B25
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6202
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:03 pm
Location: ** Classified **

Re: Processing time on citizenship acquired via parent

Postby aa-mac » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:19 pm

B25 wrote:
aa-mac wrote:I have finally received my citizenship today. So roughly the processing time took about 11 months. I think it took a bit longer than average because I had filled in the wrong form originally or something. Also, I did it through an embassy.


Congratulations, you do realise that now you are a citizen, and if you are under the age of 50, that you could be conscripted into the army, right??

Good Luck.


Conscription doesn’t apply to women.
aa-mac
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:02 pm

Next

Return to Cyprus Questions and Answers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests