The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Two good posts by Paphitis deleted within 5 minutes. Why?

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Re: Two good posts by Paphitis deleted within 5 minutes. Why

Postby Pyrpolizer » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:38 am

I think Alan the Turk still wonders who deleted them.
Not surprising ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nobody deleted them other than Paphitis himself, for reasons only he knows.
PM him to verify.
User avatar
Pyrpolizer
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 9156
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:33 pm

Re: Two good posts by Paphitis deleted within 5 minutes. Why

Postby Paphitis » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:50 am

Oh for crying out loud.

My response was to Pyro’s post that made mention that Turks are comprised of converts of the most weak and that they have some special “mental state”

That is NOT the case. So often we hear how Turks are somehow weak or lesser to some degree, either mentally or during war or in their work ethic.

Turks are extremely nationalistic and have no problem during for their country. We have seen them so many times and we lost thousands fighting them and the general consensus is that they are not weak at all. On the contrary, they are actually quite fierce. Everyone has their moments of course but I just don’t think it is a good idea to have a view that they are lesser than us as opponents. We seem to think we are braver than we actually are and that our opponents are weaker than they actually are.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21364
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Two good posts by Paphitis deleted within 5 minutes. Why

Postby Get Real! » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:52 am

Ok Paphitis... but how do you explain getting caught wearing *this* underwear? :?

images.duckduckgo.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40678
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Two good posts by Paphitis deleted within 5 minutes. Why

Postby Paphitis » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:53 am

Pyrpolizer wrote:I think Alan the Turk still wonders who deleted them.
Not surprising ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nobody deleted them other than Paphitis himself, for reasons only he knows.
PM him to verify.


I deleted them because I didn’t want to inundate anyone with difficult concepts to understand due to your well entrenched opinions.

We seem to be the only people that seem to think that the Turks are weak and have some kind of “mental state”, but that doesn’t seem to concur with the Brits, French, Australians, Irish, or Indians who fought the Turks tooth and nail and lost 10s of thousands of soldiers in the process.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21364
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Two good posts by Paphitis deleted within 5 minutes. Why

Postby Paphitis » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:59 am

AlanwithoneL wrote:
AlanwithoneL wrote:
IMG_0064.PNG


The second one is not complete. It says;
we just not quite as tough as we think and they are not quite as weak as we purport them to be.

Good post Paphitis, shame they got deleted within minutes.


I deleted them because I thought the posts were too advance for most of the posters here.

That’s the truth too.

They contained difficult concepts for the average CF former and I was afraid that some people would have a meltdown.

Fact is, Turks have pretty badass sense of Nationalism. They are not half baked by any means.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21364
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Two good posts by Paphitis deleted within 5 minutes. Why

Postby Get Real! » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:11 am

I was hoping it wouldn’t come to this but, gentlemen...

We have a forum crisis! :?

One of our flock seems to have completely lost his mind! :cry:

We must now have an emergency meeting to see how we can proceed... :?

If it cannot be proven without any reasonable doubt that Paphitis is/was acting under extreme duress then you all know that this could lead to... koala IMPEACHMENT! :cry:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40678
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Two good posts by Paphitis deleted within 5 minutes. Why

Postby Paphitis » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:17 am

kurupetos wrote:
Get Real! wrote:Right, so this Alan character is a Turk who got excited because Paphitis praised Turks? :? :lol:

Little does he know that Paphitis changes opinions faster than Alan changes underwear!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Alan's wearing thongs. :mrgreen:


There was no praising of Turks.

Just a very spot on post that just tells it the way it is. That does not mean I have any feelings of support for them, but it does acknowledge the fact that they are not a nation of cowards like some seem to think. On the contrary.

You look at how nationalistic and passionate they are. And there are so many countries that saw it.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21364
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Two good posts by Paphitis deleted within 5 minutes. Why

Postby Paphitis » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:18 am

Get Real! wrote:I was hoping it wouldn’t come to this but, gentlemen...

We have a forum crisis! :?

One of our flock seems to have completely lost his mind! :cry:

We must now have an emergency meeting to see how we can proceed... :?

If it cannot be proven without any reasonable doubt that Paphitis is/was acting under extreme duress then you all know that this could lead to... koala IMPEACHMENT! :cry:


See what I mean Alan?

My posts with their difficult themes have resulted in Get Real having a brain meltdown! :lol:
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21364
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Two good posts by Paphitis deleted within 5 minutes. Why

Postby Pyrpolizer » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:27 pm

Paphitis wrote:Oh for crying out loud.

My response was to Pyro’s post that made mention that Turks are comprised of converts of the most weak and that they have some special “mental state”

That is NOT the case. So often we hear how Turks are somehow weak or lesser to some degree, either mentally or during war or in their work ethic.

Turks are extremely nationalistic and have no problem during for their country. We have seen them so many times and we lost thousands fighting them and the general consensus is that they are not weak at all. On the contrary, they are actually quite fierce. Everyone has their moments of course but I just don’t think it is a good idea to have a view that they are lesser than us as opponents. We seem to think we are braver than we actually are and that our opponents are weaker than they actually are.


Genius,
First define their mental status.
Secondly tell us the date you account for today's Turks.
Thirdly list 10 of the thousands of times WE lost fighting them.
Etc etc...

Boring....
User avatar
Pyrpolizer
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 9156
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:33 pm

Re: Two good posts by Paphitis deleted within 5 minutes. Why

Postby Paphitis » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:12 pm

Pyrpolizer wrote:
Paphitis wrote:Oh for crying out loud.

My response was to Pyro’s post that made mention that Turks are comprised of converts of the most weak and that they have some special “mental state”

That is NOT the case. So often we hear how Turks are somehow weak or lesser to some degree, either mentally or during war or in their work ethic.

Turks are extremely nationalistic and have no problem during for their country. We have seen them so many times and we lost thousands fighting them and the general consensus is that they are not weak at all. On the contrary, they are actually quite fierce. Everyone has their moments of course but I just don’t think it is a good idea to have a view that they are lesser than us as opponents. We seem to think we are braver than we actually are and that our opponents are weaker than they actually are.


Genius,
First define their mental status.
Secondly tell us the date you account for today's Turks.
Thirdly list 10 of the thousands of times WE lost fighting them.
Etc etc...

Boring....


Your post doesn't even make any sense.

I do not understand what you mean by today's Turks.

They really gave a pretty good account of themselves in past wars, and were literally a real huge headache. We saw them on the battlefields in The Dardanelles and throughout the Middle East, and to be fair, I do not think you can differentiate between Turks or Ottomans as fighters with the best we could muster. They certainly killed a lot of allies and they were pretty relentless. No one ever made the claim that they were weak, or cowards or somehow substandard in any way. I find that very curious because the only people I have heard do that is us. So either we are so damn good and better than everyone, or we are full of shit. Can you please tell me which one it is.

Do not forget that it was Britain, France, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, India and Nepal that descended upon The Ottoman Empire. That's 7 countries there. And they held their own quite well. Britain and France you could even classify as superpowers. Even Greece descended upon them in Asia Minor as well, making it 8 countries and that helped us because it opened multiple fronts.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21364
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest