The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


What am I fighting for?

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

What am I fighting for?

Postby lonewolfcypriot » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:47 pm

Sometimes I feel like I don't know what I'm fighting for. I feel like nobody else shares my vision and views for the future and this is frustrating sometimes. Every time I think about the current situation in Cyprus I get depressed. The Akinci is a pro guarantor puppet and has no vision what so ever, he is not the solution but is a part of the problem. Cyprus has never been more divided than it is now.

Another thing that annoys me is the ethnic classification used in the country. Why don't we just scrap this Turkish/Greek division and create our own Cypriot Ethnic group. It will make things a lot easier. TCs are basically GCs who speak Turkish.

Finally, there is not one single political party in Cyprus that I actually like, I'm socially right wing so I naturally despise AKEL and DISY. I would say that ELAM is quite decent but the problem is that they don't like Turkish Cypriots and want Enosis with Greece. Could it possible if we could have a party like ELAM but a Cypriotist version?
User avatar
lonewolfcypriot
Member
Member
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:37 pm

Re: What am I fighting for?

Postby Get Real! » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:41 pm

That’s a pretty good thread/post LWC. Well done!

I may come back to this to add a piece tomorrow because I’m busy right now… I have to release a new version of the browser.

...but there’s no reason why the rest of the (bloody lazy) regulars shouldn’t contribute here.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 41960
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: What am I fighting for?

Postby Cap » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:01 pm

I agree with you dude.
Count me in.
User avatar
Cap
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6956
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Cypriot Empire

Re: What am I fighting for?

Postby lonewolfcypriot » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:05 pm

what do you agree with in particular? You seem to agree with me almost always. It doesn't seem genuine. Apologies if that was harsh.
User avatar
lonewolfcypriot
Member
Member
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:37 pm

Re: What am I fighting for?

Postby Cap » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:10 pm

It doesn't seem genuine


How?
Have you even read my posts?

I think you're confusing me with Kuru.
User avatar
Cap
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6956
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Cypriot Empire

Re: What am I fighting for?

Postby lonewolfcypriot » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:15 pm

kuru never commented on any of my posts. But could you please elaborate on what you agreed with in the post? Thank you.
User avatar
lonewolfcypriot
Member
Member
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:37 pm

Re: What am I fighting for?

Postby kurupetos » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:57 pm

lonewolfcypriot wrote:kuru never commented on any of my posts. But could you please elaborate on what you agreed with in the post? Thank you.

My apologies, wolf. Cap must be my twin brother... :shock: :?
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 18468
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: What am I fighting for?

Postby lonewolfcypriot » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:56 am

oh, thought he was talking about somebody called kuru. my bad
User avatar
lonewolfcypriot
Member
Member
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:37 pm

Re: What am I fighting for?

Postby kurupetos » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:03 am

lonewolfcypriot wrote:oh, thought he was talking about somebody called kuru. my bad

It's a Turkish nickname.
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 18468
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: What am I fighting for?

Postby Paphitis » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:27 am

lonewolfcypriot wrote:Sometimes I feel like I don't know what I'm fighting for. I feel like nobody else shares my vision and views for the future and this is frustrating sometimes. Every time I think about the current situation in Cyprus I get depressed. The Akinci is a pro guarantor puppet and has no vision what so ever, he is not the solution but is a part of the problem. Cyprus has never been more divided than it is now.

Another thing that annoys me is the ethnic classification used in the country. Why don't we just scrap this Turkish/Greek division and create our own Cypriot Ethnic group. It will make things a lot easier. TCs are basically GCs who speak Turkish.

Finally, there is not one single political party in Cyprus that I actually like, I'm socially right wing so I naturally despise AKEL and DISY. I would say that ELAM is quite decent but the problem is that they don't like Turkish Cypriots and want Enosis with Greece. Could it possible if we could have a party like ELAM but a Cypriotist version?


You don’t want ELAM mate.

Probably DIKO or DYSI are more suitable for you as a right leaning person.

ELAM are a bit hardcore mate.

Right and Left are a bit old fashion now as well. The best way to differentiate between the parties is as follows:

AKEL and DYSI - pro Cyprus Surrender Parties and Turkish apologists

DIKO/EDEK/New Horizons - pro Cyprus Nationalists.
Last edited by Paphitis on Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 23110
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Next

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest