The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Has anyone received compensation from the IPC?

Ask any specific question related to Cyprus.

Has anyone received compensation from the IPC?

Postby marcosa89 » Fri May 18, 2018 12:05 am

Hi Guys,

I have been given a number of a lawyer in northern Cyprus who can apparently assist in a claim for compensation regarding my fathers land that was taken in '74.
I was wondering if anyone actually knows anyone that has been paid out on a claim? I don't know of anyone that has but they claim they have paid around £260m in compensation to Greek Cypriots since 2016.

Any info/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
marcosa89
Trial Member
Trial Member
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 11:59 pm

Re: Has anyone received compensation from the IPC?

Postby Lordo » Sun May 27, 2018 11:26 am

How many TCs have been given a chance to claim compensation from RoC Marcos? Can you tell me where the IPC office is in the south so I can apply?

I can tell you about a GC who had 600 donums of land near Ercan Airport and exchanged it with 27 donums of land in Larnaca at the value of 13 Million Euros and of course RoC did not hand him the property in Larnaca but forced him to sell it to the state for 6.5 million Euros.
The best way to get compensation is to exchange and get a TC property in the south. You can then do as you wish.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11620
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Has anyone received compensation from the IPC?

Postby B25 » Sun May 27, 2018 1:02 pm

Marcos,

don't bother, the lawyers in the occupied areas want 10%, the invader only offers 20% of its value and you'll never get paid.
The IPC is BS, it is the equivalent of the UN cock sucking Turkey when they passed this ruling, look now no one gets any compensation, many judgements have been made and people are still waiting 5 years on.

As for the TC properties, they are there to be reclaimed, they have not institutionally been sold to foreigners and don't listen to the Lordo fella, he is full of sh*t.
User avatar
B25
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6231
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:03 pm
Location: ** Classified **

Re: Has anyone received compensation from the IPC?

Postby Oceanside50 » Sun May 27, 2018 4:10 pm

Lordo wrote:How many TCs have been given a chance to claim compensation from RoC Marcos? Can you tell me where the IPC office is in the south so I can apply?

I can tell you about a GC who had 600 donums of land near Ercan Airport and exchanged it with 27 donums of land in Larnaca at the value of 13 Million Euros and of course RoC did not hand him the property in Larnaca but forced him to sell it to the state for 6.5 million Euros.
The best way to get compensation is to exchange and get a TC property in the south. You can then do as you wish.



Tc properties in the free areas has been dealt out to Akel supporters... I’ve told you many times before exchange isn’t really on the table.. the exchange has happened...things move according to the solution plan.. all else is smoke and mirrors in order to keep refugees quite... can a Tc come and reclaim his property, I used to think he could but apparently it’s not that easy
Oceanside50
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2097
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:45 pm

Re: Has anyone received compensation from the IPC?

Postby Jerry » Sun May 27, 2018 6:42 pm

marcosa89 wrote:Hi Guys,

I have been given a number of a lawyer in northern Cyprus who can apparently assist in a claim for compensation regarding my fathers land that was taken in '74.
I was wondering if anyone actually knows anyone that has been paid out on a claim? I don't know of anyone that has but they claim they have paid around £260m in compensation to Greek Cypriots since 2016.

Any info/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!


IPC site is here http://www.tamk.gov.ct.tr/english/index.html but it's run by idiots who can't even read a map properly. You really need an honest GC lawyer who has links to honest lawyers in the north. The British High Commission in Nicosia has a list of lawyers you can use. Both lawyers want 10% and you will only be offered a fraction of what the property is worth. Your first move should be to have the deeds transferred to yourself if you haven't already done so. Some people have been paid out but the IPC has hardly paid anyone in the last few years because Turkey is in dispute with "trnc" about funding IPC and has ceased payments.
Jerry
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4682
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 12:29 pm
Location: UK

Re: Has anyone received compensation from the IPC?

Postby Pyrpolizer » Sun May 27, 2018 6:46 pm

Oceanside50 wrote:
Lordo wrote:How many TCs have been given a chance to claim compensation from RoC Marcos? Can you tell me where the IPC office is in the south so I can apply?

I can tell you about a GC who had 600 donums of land near Ercan Airport and exchanged it with 27 donums of land in Larnaca at the value of 13 Million Euros and of course RoC did not hand him the property in Larnaca but forced him to sell it to the state for 6.5 million Euros.
The best way to get compensation is to exchange and get a TC property in the south. You can then do as you wish.



Tc properties in the free areas has been dealt out to Akel supporters... I’ve told you many times before exchange isn’t really on the table.. the exchange has happened...things move according to the solution plan.. all else is smoke and mirrors in order to keep refugees quite... can a Tc come and reclaim his property, I used to think he could but apparently it’s not that easy


Unfortunately that's true. ALL available TC properties are now on the Web site of the Government and refugees are now able to apply. Allotments will be on stages. Yeah right after 45 years and after everything that worth something has been given!! The names of everyone getting those properties (I don't know under what terms) either for agricultural purposes or light industry purposes will be published.However the names of those who will get them for housing purposes will remain secret-presumably to protect their privacy.
User avatar
Pyrpolizer
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 9658
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:33 pm

Re: Has anyone received compensation from the IPC?

Postby kurupetos » Tue May 29, 2018 11:23 pm

Lordo wrote:How many TCs have been given a chance to claim compensation from RoC Marcos? Can you tell me where the IPC office is in the south so I can apply?

I can tell you about a GC who had 600 donums of land near Ercan Airport and exchanged it with 27 donums of land in Larnaca at the value of 13 Million Euros and of course RoC did not hand him the property in Larnaca but forced him to sell it to the state for 6.5 million Euros.
The best way to get compensation is to exchange and get a TC property in the south. You can then do as you wish.

:lol:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 18424
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: Has anyone received compensation from the IPC?

Postby Lordo » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:57 pm

Marcos have a look at what this fellow did. He aplied for his property to be given back to him and not only did he get his property back he also got permission to build his house.

This is the way forward. Apply to get your property back and do as you wish afterwards. At worst you may choose to sell it at market value.

https://cyprus-mail.com/2018/06/01/greek-cypriot-forging-ahead-with-construction-of-house-in-the-north/
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11620
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Has anyone received compensation from the IPC?

Postby kurupetos » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:24 pm

Lordo wrote:Marcos have a look at what this fellow did. He aplied for his property to be given back to him and not only did he get his property back he also got permission to build his house.

This is the way forward. Apply to get your property back and do as you wish afterwards. At worst you may choose to sell it at market value.

https://cyprus-mail.com/2018/06/01/greek-cypriot-forging-ahead-with-construction-of-house-in-the-north/

Am I allowed to exterminate the carpetbagger living in it? :mrgreen:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 18424
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: Has anyone received compensation from the IPC?

Postby SKI-preo » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:25 am

This idea that you can exchange your properties with a random Turkish Cypriot is problematic on so many fronts.
1) There are not enough TC properties;
2) As if you are going to get like for like;
3) Is it all or nothing? if you have 8 title deeds in the occupied areas- are you able to exchange some for TC property on the south and get restitution for the balance of properties in the occupied areas?

Ethnic cleansing is dirty and not that easy to fix.
User avatar
SKI-preo
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1359
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:17 am
Location: New Zealand/Australia


Return to Cyprus Questions and Answers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests