The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Gaza, Israel's designs in Cyprus

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Gaza, Israel's designs in Cyprus

Postby repulsewarrior » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:01 am

...only the Gazans can make this idea a reality, if they want it.

Cyprus has been placed in a very difficult position; either seen to be an Israeli lapdog, or unwittingly ceding its sovereignty to "Israeli monitors".

...Cyprus must remain a friend to all, IMO, without picking sides in this case.

http://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-rep ... t%20Minute

https://cyprus-mail.com/2018/06/26/isra ... s-reports/
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8015
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: Gaza, Israel's designs in Cyprus

Postby Pyrpolizer » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:59 pm

repulsewarrior wrote:...only the Gazans can make this idea a reality, if they want it.

Cyprus has been placed in a very difficult position; either seen to be an Israeli lapdog, or unwittingly ceding its sovereignty to "Israeli monitors".

...Cyprus must remain a friend to all, IMO, without picking sides in this case.

http://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-rep ... t%20Minute

https://cyprus-mail.com/2018/06/26/isra ... s-reports/


why should we grant sovereignty to the Israelis and let them build a port that Mossad would control on the first place??
Just because the Americans said so?
If the Israelis want to check shiploads destined for Gaza they should do it at their own port.
It looks this sorry President Anastasiades that we currently have has decided to sell the last drop of dignity we are left with.
First the haircut of our deposits, then the total destruction of our economy and our total sale to the Wall Street funds, then the indirect drive towards partition of Cyprus, and now giving up our Sovereignty to the Israelis.
IS THIS GUY FOR REAL?
May Lord save us...
User avatar
Pyrpolizer
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 9673
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:33 pm

Re: Gaza, Israel's designs in Cyprus

Postby B25 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:27 am

Says the AKELite.
User avatar
B25
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6236
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:03 pm
Location: ** Classified **

Re: Gaza, Israel's designs in Cyprus

Postby repulsewarrior » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:56 pm

...i don't believe that Cyprus will accept what Leiberman implies is a done deal. It is fluff for the masses from a right wing mind desperately seeking a scape goat. It won't be his fault but Cyprus', he is hoping; if the Gazans agree, which is not likely.

Let Israel build more walls and fences, on what they declare a border, let them build a second fence where beyond the first they shoot to kill, seems simple enough. If they want to change the atmosphere for the Palestinians, let them end the blockade, or at least respect it to the letter. A "floating dock", what the hell is that? Twelve miles out at sea, rather than in Cyprus makes more sense to me.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8015
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: Gaza, Israel's designs in Cyprus

Postby Paphitis » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:08 pm

B25 wrote:Says the AKELite.


That makes a lot of sense!

It’s not possible for someone to have these kinds of views unless their minds are actually bent out of shape by the Communist Ideals and delusions.

For instance, Anastasiades had virtually nothing to do with the Cyprus Banking collapse, or the collapse of the economy as a result of it, or the Banking Levy. It was inaction and procrastination by Christofias and his merry band of Communist supporters which had no clue or will to lead.

In addition, Anastiasiades hasn’t sold Cyprus out. He is trying to negotiate with an uncompromising other party, but has agreed to nothing and is likely to agree to nothing because it too is beyond his control.

Also, I don’t believe the Israelis are serious in having a Gaza Port in Cyprus. And even if they were, Cyprus would not hand over sovereignty because they would probably just be leasing wharf space to Israel to clear goods and imports into Gaza. The Port will still be a RoC Port.

And as for dignity. The relationship between Greece, Cyprus and Israel is developing in leaps and bounds. Politically, this is very important to the RoC. At the same time, the RoC can have good relations with various Middle Eastern Countries at the same time. Several countries have managed and continue to manage their relations with Middle Eastern States and Israel. The sraelis arfe progressive enough to understand diplomacy and understand this.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 22769
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Gaza, Israel's designs in Cyprus

Postby Pyrpolizer » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:51 pm

B25 wrote:Says the AKELite.


You like to label people don't you?
I am actually open minded enough to have my own opinion about things.
Question is are you equally open minded? Or do you just stick to cliches without using your brain?

Same goes for Paphitis. Who on one shot disagrees with the proposed idea, and on another bows to the Israelis.
User avatar
Pyrpolizer
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 9673
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:33 pm

Re: Gaza, Israel's designs in Cyprus

Postby Paphitis » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:20 pm

Pyrpolizer wrote:
B25 wrote:Says the AKELite.


You like to label people don't you?
I am actually open minded enough to have my own opinion about things.
Question is are you equally open minded? Or do you just stick to cliches without using your brain?

Same goes for Paphitis. Who on one shot disagrees with the proposed idea, and on another bows to the Israelis.


No actually I never said I agreed with the so called Israeli proposal which is lacking in detail and completely non serious and probably even just made up. There does not appear to be an official Israeli proposal, and there never will be. But even if there was, it would probably be an agreement over the use of RoC Port facilities, not a surrender of any sovereignty from the RoC to Israel. Such an insinuation is completely irrational and absurd.

The Israelis have actual agreements over the use of Cypriot Airports (Pafos), by their Air Force. So Israel using RoC Maritime port facilities would not be so unique or the end of the world either or an Israeli takeover. In fact, Israel has been offering the RoC IAF coverage of their EEZ with drones, something they have been doing for months now and that is something which actually helps the RoC. What do the Israeli's get for it? Potential safe passage of their proposed pipeline through the RoC and then Greece to European Gas Markets.

What I do agree is with this level of cooperation between the RoC and Israel. Cyprus needs Israel, especially if there is ever going to be any chance of Cypriot gas going to market. It's a symbiotic relationship and they both have Turkey in their way.

And no, you are not open minded. Most AKEL supporters have this warped sense of reality (it is actually quite funny to observe them).

You never have been when it comes to NATO, US, Israel, and you always do seem to take the Russian line hook line and sinker. Then you blame Anastasiades for the Banking Collapse. Are you serious?
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 22769
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Gaza, Israel's designs in Cyprus

Postby Pyrpolizer » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:01 pm

Paphitis wrote:
Pyrpolizer wrote:
B25 wrote:Says the AKELite.


You like to label people don't you?
I am actually open minded enough to have my own opinion about things.
Question is are you equally open minded? Or do you just stick to cliches without using your brain?

Same goes for Paphitis. Who on one shot disagrees with the proposed idea, and on another bows to the Israelis.


No actually I never said I agreed with the so called Israeli proposal which is lacking in detail and completely non serious and probably even just made up. There does not appear to be an official Israeli proposal, and there never will be. But even if there was, it would probably be an agreement over the use of RoC Port facilities, not a surrender of any sovereignty from the RoC to Israel. Such an insinuation is completely irrational and absurd.

The Israelis have actual agreements over the use of Cypriot Airports (Pafos), by their Air Force. So Israel using RoC Maritime port facilities would not be so unique or the end of the world either or an Israeli takeover. In fact, Israel has been offering the RoC IAF coverage of their EEZ with drones, something they have been doing for months now and that is something which actually helps the RoC. What do the Israeli's get for it? Potential safe passage of their proposed pipeline through the RoC and then Greece to European Gas Markets.

What I do agree is with this level of cooperation between the RoC and Israel. Cyprus needs Israel, especially if there is ever going to be any chance of Cypriot gas going to market. It's a symbiotic relationship and they both have Turkey in their way.

And no, you are not open minded. Most AKEL supporters have this warped sense of reality (it is actually quite funny to observe them).

You never have been when it comes to NATO, US, Israel, and you always do seem to take the Russian line hook line and sinker. Then you blame Anastasiades for the Banking Collapse. Are you serious?


No it has been published both in Cyprus and in Israel and is a serious proposal/request/demand call it whatever you like with the Americans acting as intermediates.(actually initiators)

And as usual you are actually dreaming by thinking that the Israelis have a going agreement with Cyprus over the use of any of our airbases.
It's one thing to give them a temporary permit for military exercises and another to give them a free go, as you actually planted it in your brain.
The Israelis care only for their own interests and their discussions with Turkey on the possibility of passing their gas through Turkey have never been declared dead.

It's even funny hearing you calling me an AKEL supporter following B25's standard monolithic pov. I am not a supporter of any political party nor do a embrace their socioeconomic ideals. Having an open mind however you can't avoid sometimes agreeing with the views of a political party and sometimes disagreeing. If AKEL or DESY or whatever were always wrong they would never have 30-40% of the vote...

As such I can call a spade a spade without following the standard dogma of who is to blame for the destruction of the economy.
Everybody had their share for this destruction starting from the 80's when we were not even part of the EU, but the major part of the blame was to the Banks themselves. Christofias himself -been the last in charge before the final collapse of our bubble economy- is to blame for his part that it plunged the state itself into bankruptcy and that's what got Troika here.The greatest problem though were always the Banks. Anastasiades then plunged the economy to the bottom with the haircut on Bank deposits something that he was elected for promising not to do.

Cyprus once again became the guinea pig because Anastasiades yielded to the easy solution.
He always yields to the easy solution, mark my words next thing to follow is official partition of Cyprus. I am sure you can't understand what that would mean, but since in Cyprus we are full of below zero IQ people why should I care? I am just wasting my time talking with people who can't see further than their noses in this forum...
User avatar
Pyrpolizer
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 9673
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:33 pm

Re: Gaza, Israel's designs in Cyprus

Postby Paphitis » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:37 pm

Of course it was published in both Cyprus and israel. That's because different news agencies monitor each other and share news stories. If there is a news article in Cyprus about Israel, it is likely an Israeli News Agency will pick it up and vice versa.

What isn't forthcoming is an official approach by the Israeli Government or any other evidence that this news story is legit beyond just innuendo and hearsay, or a fabrication by Israel for political purposes.

As for Pafos Airport. Are you going to tell me that if 20 IAF F-15s request to land at Pafos, the RoC is going to say no? Let's be very serious now. If you did that, the Israelis will not patrol the Cyprus EEZ with their Heron UAVs, which opens the Cyprus EEZ completely to Turkey. In other words, you can forget about exporting natural gas ever.

The IAF can come and go from Pafos and Larnaca whenever they like. In fact, the Israelis demand it so they can potentially land their drones when they need to such as when they are low on fuel etc.

As for the destruction of the economy. AKEL was in power and they are responsible. by the time Anastasiades got in, it was far too late and Cyprus was already in the grip of the IMF.

Christofias had many years where he could have reigned in the Banks with their Lending policies to non credit worthy people to buy fancy cars and property resulting in a blow out 60% NPL on the island which is unheard of anywhere in the world apart from Zimbabwe.

Anastasiades however, despite inheriting a shipwreck, has steered the island in the right direction with marked improvement in the island's economic performance. A long way to go still, but the economy is tracking in the right direction. probably in 10 years time, things well get back to normal. It will never happen overnight especially with such a disastrous economic calamity.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 22769
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Gaza, Israel's designs in Cyprus

Postby repulsewarrior » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:02 pm

...everyone needs Cyprus. Without Cyprus, everything about the Eastern Med, is Turkey.

Indeed Russian and American Naval ships dock in Cyprus regularly. Agreement with many countries, Britain, and Israel to name two, have with Cyprus a right to land, by plane or by boat in cases of emergency. Cyprus is and should remain the good neighbour, and so far, it has played its role in maintaining a balance in this region, between what is right, and what is power.

...if Anastasiades is a man with no backbone, someone who takes the easy path, things would have been different in Crans-Montana. Indeed the Turks got everything they wanted, but Sovereignty. That say a lot.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8015
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Next

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests