The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


July 20th 1974

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Re: July 20th 1974 - what about 15th july

Postby supporttheunderdog » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:31 pm

so let's discuss July 15th 1974, the day when, as claimed by the elected President of the Republic at the UN on 19th July 1974, another guarantor power, Greece under the Junta, fucked Cyprus over big time, invaded the Island to annex it under cover of a phoney coup they orchestrated, then fucked themselves up up by failing to kill said President, and we ended up with the tragedy of (Greek Speaking) Cypriots killing (Greek Speaking) Cypriots.

too many forget that bit.. its Hey guys the Turks suddenly decided to invade - forgetting about what had gone before -

So Britain did not intervene to stop the Turks? On 1st Jan 1964 Big Mag first sought to abrogate the treaties of Alliance and Guarantee----so it was no thanks guys we do not want you to help us ----- that against the background that he had thrown up the 1960 constitution with 13 pointsa as part of the first evil A plan, the Akritas plan, then when it came to July 1974 who were the Brits meant to take on? The Greek backed coupists? That on one analysis was what should have happened, following July 15th....
User avatar
supporttheunderdog
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8381
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:03 pm
Location: limassol

Re: July 20th 1974 - what about 15th july

Postby kurupetos » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:52 pm

supporttheunderdog wrote:so let's discuss July 15th 1974, the day when, as claimed by the elected President of the Republic at the UN on 19th July 1974, another guarantor power, Greece under the Junta, fucked Cyprus over big time, invaded the Island to annex it under cover of a phoney coup they orchestrated, then fucked themselves up up by failing to kill said President, and we ended up with the tragedy of (Greek Speaking) Cypriots killing (Greek Speaking) Cypriots.

too many forget that bit.. its Hey guys the Turks suddenly decided to invade - forgetting about what had gone before -

So Britain did not intervene to stop the Turks? On 1st Jan 1964 Big Mag first sought to abrogate the treaties of Alliance and Guarantee----so it was no thanks guys we do not want you to help us ----- that against the background that he had thrown up the 1960 constitution with 13 pointsa as part of the first evil A plan, the Akritas plan, then when it came to July 1974 who were the Brits meant to take on? The Greek backed coupists? That on one analysis was what should have happened, following July 15th....

No thanks? Very funny, dog. :roll:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 18855
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: July 20th 1974

Postby Lordo » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:56 pm

talking of 1974, so is tergggggy still a guarantor or not. that is the questions.

were there not some normal idiots and some very educted idiots too here that claimed that gurantorship of terggggy has been null voided since 1974.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 15519
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: July 20th 1974

Postby supporttheunderdog » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:16 am

Lordo wrote:talking of 1974, so is tergggggy still a guarantor or not. that is the questions.

were there not some normal idiots and some very educted idiots too here that claimed that gurantorship of terggggy has been null voided since 1974.


Turkey's violation of its obligations (and I am no way seeking to diminish them) which might affect their guarantor status followed the Greek Violation, which some here do try to diminish.
However as many here forget,Big Mak sought to repudiate the treaties of Guarantee and Alliance in a telegram of 1st January 1964 - later retracted - all a part of failings on the part of Cypriots (both Turkish speaking and Greek speaking) to fulfill their part of the treaties signed in 1959 -
User avatar
supporttheunderdog
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8381
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:03 pm
Location: limassol

Re: July 20th 1974

Postby kurupetos » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:49 pm

Lordo wrote:talking of 1974, so is tergggggy still a guarantor or not. that is the questions.

were there not some normal idiots and some very educted idiots too here that claimed that gurantorship of terggggy has been null voided since 1974.

The guarantor rights have nothing to do with the illegal Turkish invasion of 1974, cousin.
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 18855
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: July 20th 1974

Postby kurupetos » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:56 pm

supporttheunderdog wrote:
Lordo wrote:talking of 1974, so is tergggggy still a guarantor or not. that is the questions.

were there not some normal idiots and some very educted idiots too here that claimed that gurantorship of terggggy has been null voided since 1974.


Turkey's violation of its obligations (and I am no way seeking to diminish them) which might affect their guarantor status followed the Greek Violation, which some here do try to diminish.
However as many here forget,Big Mak sought to repudiate the treaties of Guarantee and Alliance in a telegram of 1st January 1964 - later retracted - all a part of failings on the part of Cypriots (both Turkish speaking and Greek speaking) to fulfill their part of the treaties signed in 1959 -

The coup was illegal but it ended in July 1974. However the Turkish occupation still exists.

The UK had to intervene and stop the illegalities, dog. That's the biggest failure here. The Brits could have requested to be removed from the guarantor rights, but they didn't. Why?
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 18855
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: July 20th 1974

Postby repulsewarrior » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:01 am

kurupetos wrote:
supporttheunderdog wrote:
Lordo wrote:talking of 1974, so is tergggggy still a guarantor or not. that is the questions.

were there not some normal idiots and some very educted idiots too here that claimed that gurantorship of terggggy has been null voided since 1974.


Turkey's violation of its obligations (and I am no way seeking to diminish them) which might affect their guarantor status followed the Greek Violation, which some here do try to diminish.
However as many here forget,Big Mak sought to repudiate the treaties of Guarantee and Alliance in a telegram of 1st January 1964 - later retracted - all a part of failings on the part of Cypriots (both Turkish speaking and Greek speaking) to fulfill their part of the treaties signed in 1959 -

The coup was illegal but it ended in July 1974. However the Turkish occupation still exists.

The UK had to intervene and stop the illegalities, dog. That's the biggest failure here. The Brits could have requested to be removed from the guarantor rights, but they didn't. Why?


...indeed, "nobody" wants Cypriots to be united as Cypriots, in Cyprus. Cyprus is like a fulcrum, not the stick in the analogy "Greek"/"Turkish", it represents a balance in power; without the existence of Cyprus, total power.

(...is this, the Cyprus Problem?)
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10785
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: July 20th 1974

Postby kurupetos » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:19 pm

repulsewarrior wrote:
kurupetos wrote:
supporttheunderdog wrote:
Lordo wrote:talking of 1974, so is tergggggy still a guarantor or not. that is the questions.

were there not some normal idiots and some very educted idiots too here that claimed that gurantorship of terggggy has been null voided since 1974.


Turkey's violation of its obligations (and I am no way seeking to diminish them) which might affect their guarantor status followed the Greek Violation, which some here do try to diminish.
However as many here forget,Big Mak sought to repudiate the treaties of Guarantee and Alliance in a telegram of 1st January 1964 - later retracted - all a part of failings on the part of Cypriots (both Turkish speaking and Greek speaking) to fulfill their part of the treaties signed in 1959 -

The coup was illegal but it ended in July 1974. However the Turkish occupation still exists.

The UK had to intervene and stop the illegalities, dog. That's the biggest failure here. The Brits could have requested to be removed from the guarantor rights, but they didn't. Why?


...indeed, "nobody" wants Cypriots to be united as Cypriots, in Cyprus. Cyprus is like a fulcrum, not the stick in the analogy "Greek"/"Turkish", it represents a balance in power; without the existence of Cyprus, total power.

(...is this, the Cyprus Problem?)

Not "nobody"... The TCs could be a peaceful minority like the Armenians and the Maronites.

However, Turkish plans to turkify the island have prevented a peaceful coexistence of both ethnic groups since the 1950s.
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 18855
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: July 20th 1974

Postby kurupetos » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:41 pm

Here and hear, cousin:

User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 18855
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: July 20th 1974

Postby Lordo » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:29 pm

kurupetos wrote:
Lordo wrote:talking of 1974, so is tergggggy still a guarantor or not. that is the questions.

were there not some normal idiots and some very educted idiots too here that claimed that gurantorship of terggggy has been null voided since 1974.

The guarantor rights have nothing to do with the illegal Turkish invasion of 1974, cousin.

that is not up for discussion here. fact is some peeebol here claimed that after 1974 terggy was nolonger a guarantor.

which gattogory are you in, educated or not.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 15519
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest