The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


2018–19 UEFA Tournaments

Football, Basketball, F1 etc.

Re: 2018–19 UEFA Tournaments

Postby Get Real! » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:58 pm

Paphitis wrote:Those rankings are pretty irrelevant when you are comparing to teams in the A League.

They are unable to earn the coefficient points, so even an Icelandic or Maltese team might have a higher ranking, but the reality is completely different and they will get smashed.

The A league is a pretty fierce competition. It's a lot better and a lot higher standard than the Cy League. No matter how you dice it, there is no way you can compare.

Sorry Paphidoui, but the Australian league is SHIT... :lol:

Captureaaa.PNG

Capturebbb.PNG


https://iffhs.de/the-strongest-national ... ion-again/

How many more official statistics from global football authorities do you need to see? :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 41639
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: 2018–19 UEFA Tournaments

Postby Paphitis » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:11 pm

It's not shit at all.

It is far better than Cy league. I told you that these rankings only apply to Europe because other leagues outside are unable to get the coefficient points.

In Australia you are dealing with a fanatically sports crazed community, and the A league is attracting big crowds in a saturated sports market. It isn't Cyprus. There are 3 codes of football, motor sports, Basket, Hockey, Cricket here and Australians are exposed to British teams so they do understand Football and the A League is fast paced like the EPL, while the Cy League is like watching grass grow.
Last edited by Paphitis on Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 22482
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: 2018–19 UEFA Tournaments

Postby Get Real! » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:13 pm

Paphitis wrote:It's not shit at all.

It is far better than Cy league. I told you that these rankings only apply to Europe because other leagues outside are unable to get the coefficient points.

Nah... these are world rankings dude... those who calculate these things know exactly what they're doing.

Look Paphitis, nobody doubts that if and when they commence a World Sheep Shagging competition you’ll be ranked #1 but you can forget football… you weren’t born for that. :?
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 41639
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: 2018–19 UEFA Tournaments

Postby Paphitis » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:32 pm

Get Real! wrote:
Paphitis wrote:It's not shit at all.

It is far better than Cy league. I told you that these rankings only apply to Europe because other leagues outside are unable to get the coefficient points.

Nah... these are world rankings dude... those who calculate these things know exactly what they're doing.

Look Paphitis, nobody doubts that if and when they commence a World Sheep Shagging competition you’ll be ranked #1 but you can forget football… you weren’t born for that. :?


Look at how the points are allocated. Cy teams can get coefficient points

there is no way in the world the Cy League is better than the A League Get Real. You are dreaming mate.

No way when they are attracting 30,000 and 45,000 to big games.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 22482
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: 2018–19 UEFA Tournaments

Postby Get Real! » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:29 pm

Paphitis wrote:Look at how the points are allocated. Cy teams can get coefficient points

there is no way in the world the Cy League is better than the A League Get Real. You are dreaming mate.

No way when they are attracting 30,000 and 45,000 to big games.

You don’t seem to understand the structure of global football and that’s why you post stupid things like this.

Everyone can EARN coefficient points for their respective league if they are good enough.

Australia comes under AFC-Asian

http://www.the-afc.com/about-afc_1/memberassociations/

…but Australian teams are just not good enough to get a higher world rank even though they are pitted against crappy teams from the countries in the link above!

Imagine if Australia had to play in UEFA which is 10 times harder than the Asian group like Cyprus does… Australia would be LAST with zero points, right next to San Marino!



Here are the top two leagues of the AFC…

CaptureCCC.PNG


As you can see the Cypriot league (ranked 13th worldwide) is still head and shoulders above them! :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 41639
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: 2018–19 UEFA Tournaments

Postby Paphitis » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:21 am

Get Real, you can put those rankings till the cows come home but the Cy League is not better than the A League and not anywhere near close to it. The same with the J League and the USA MLS. The Cy League is nowhere near that quality.

Plus, the sad thing is you will never find out because Cypriot teams do not have the foresight to come to Australia to play. Greek Super League teams do. EPL, German, Spanish and Italian Teams come to.

You can fanticise about how grandiose your league is, but you only have 2 descent teams. And you have no sponsorship and no supporters.

The A League is right up there with Portugal. It is far more entertaining, the stadiums are much better and he atmosphere at A League games is electric.

Apoel and Omonoia only averaged 5,000 fans last year. The average attendance was 2,236 per game. That is like the Australian Provincial Amateur Leagues.

I know that A League Teams will not go to Cyprus when they can go to the UK, Holland and Germany. So it is up to a Cypriot Team to come to Australia, for the Cypriot Community if nothing else, even though they would get smashed and smashed good they will. Whether it is AEK or Appollon, Cypriot Teams can't play against Aussie Teams. :D

I mean look at this shit:

http://www.european-football-statistics ... avecyp.htm

If the product in Cyprus was ok, people would actually go to the matches and it doesn't appear to be the case. When I went to see some games it was comparable to having your own teeth pulled out. It was that painful. And an utter waste of time because the standard was appalling because the teams just were not interested in playing good quality football.

The A league delivers a sound product and attracts crowds.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 22482
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: 2018–19 UEFA Tournaments

Postby Get Real! » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:57 am

Paphidoudi… spectator attendance is not something used to determine team performance… only score lines can be used for that.

You’re a hard headed fool in denial and I pity you because Australian teams are probably of similar strength to “TRNC” football.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

If a team like Apollon was to play against any of your top 3 for a serious non-friendly match that involved a trophy and/or money, they would stuff you with goals and you would be sobbing like a little baby!

Give it up dude.. you don't stand a chance... :lol:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 41639
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: 2018–19 UEFA Tournaments

Postby Get Real! » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:03 am

Zelayia, Trichovsky, Papoulis, and Maglica would rape your butt so bad I’d need to drive you straight to the emergency ward for immediate anal surgery!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 41639
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: 2018–19 UEFA Tournaments

Postby Paphitis » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:05 am

That is where you are wrong Get Real. The Australian sports market is known for being the toughest most competitive market on the planet.

Australia, has the biggest sports market on the planet and there are dozens of sports trying to get a slice.

Australians stop for a horse race. The entire country comes to a stand still. They gamble 2 up on the streets. Australians know their sport.

If you don’t deliver here, you go bankrupt.

The A League is a product. It’s a business. It’s a money spinner. It is broadcast live into Japan, China, Germany and Holland.

300 million people watch the final.

The Cy League isn’t a product. Sorry mate, but I wouldn’t even call your League a credible footie comp let alone be better than the A League. You are just a 2 teal island if you’re lucky.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 22482
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: 2018–19 UEFA Tournaments

Postby Get Real! » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:10 am

But this is not about “the Australian sports market” but about a specific sport where the domestic league is very poor in comparison to that of Europe.

It doesn’t matter how many people attend matches because the Australian football league doesn’t attract any decent foreign talent.

Nobody playing in UEFA would abandon a European team to go to the “A league”… that’s just unheard of!
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 41639
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

PreviousNext

Return to Sports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests