The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Problems with Turkish pipeline

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Problems with Turkish pipeline

Postby Jerry » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:00 pm

Oh dear, from the carpetbaggers forum, it looks like they are running out of water.

Çatalköy Belediyesi
10 hrs ·
DUYURU:

Türkiye'den Geçitköy'e gelen su boru hattında oluşan arızadan dolayı bölgemize su verilememektedir. Vatandaşlarımızın sularını kontrollü kullanmaları önemle rica olunur.

Announcement:
We are unable to provide water to our area due to the malfunction in the water pipeline that comes from turkey to gecitkoy. It is important that our citizens use their waters in control.
Jerry
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4679
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 12:29 pm
Location: UK

Re: Problems with Turkish pipeline

Postby Kikapu » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:14 pm

Jerry wrote:Oh dear, from the carpetbaggers forum, it looks like they are running out of water.

Çatalköy Belediyesi
10 hrs ·
DUYURU:

Türkiye'den Geçitköy'e gelen su boru hattında oluşan arızadan dolayı bölgemize su verilememektedir. Vatandaşlarımızın sularını kontrollü kullanmaları önemle rica olunur.

Announcement:
We are unable to provide water to our area due to the malfunction in the water pipeline that comes from turkey to gecitkoy. It is important that our citizens use their waters in control.

Jerry, I have never believed that water was coming from Turkey via the pipe as I have never seen any credible evidence that it did. Turkey trumpeted such achievements before the water was piped, but once the date arrived, I never saw any credible evidence that it actually arrived, other than some water pouring out of some generic pipe into some field with couple of people around. Where was the Grand welcoming of the water from Turkey with huge celebrations?
User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 13699
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Re: Problems with Turkish pipeline

Postby Get Real! » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:17 pm

The money Turkey wasted on that stupid project they could’ve built a desalination plant that works.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 41639
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Problems with Turkish pipeline

Postby Kikapu » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:37 pm

Get Real! wrote:The money Turkey wasted on that stupid project they could’ve built a desalination plant that works.

I still think the whole water pipeline was a hoax to get the RoC to agree to share the Hydrocarbons with water from Turkey.
User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 13699
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Re: Problems with Turkish pipeline

Postby Jerry » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:45 pm

Kikapu wrote:
Jerry wrote:Oh dear, from the carpetbaggers forum, it looks like they are running out of water.

Çatalköy Belediyesi
10 hrs ·
DUYURU:

Türkiye'den Geçitköy'e gelen su boru hattında oluşan arızadan dolayı bölgemize su verilememektedir. Vatandaşlarımızın sularını kontrollü kullanmaları önemle rica olunur.

Announcement:
We are unable to provide water to our area due to the malfunction in the water pipeline that comes from turkey to gecitkoy. It is important that our citizens use their waters in control.

Jerry, I have never believed that water was coming from Turkey via the pipe as I have never seen any credible evidence that it did. Turkey trumpeted such achievements before the water was piped, but once the date arrived, I never saw any credible evidence that it actually arrived, other than some water pouring out of some generic pipe into some field with couple of people around. Where was the Grand welcoming of the water from Turkey with huge celebrations?


The pictures and evidence of reservoir filling from carpetbagger sites looked convincing to me but I always doubted the durability of the pipeline. A trailing anchor from a very large ship would snag the pipe and damage it, perhaps that's what happened.
Jerry
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4679
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 12:29 pm
Location: UK

Re: Problems with Turkish pipeline

Postby Get Real! » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:51 pm

Kikapu wrote:
Get Real! wrote:The money Turkey wasted on that stupid project they could’ve built a desalination plant that works.

I still think the whole water pipeline was a hoax to get the RoC to agree to share the Hydrocarbons with water from Turkey.

:? The RoC already had 6-7 desalination plants in operation when Turkey conceived the project so it’s not like there was any urgent need for water on this side of the roadblock…
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 41639
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Problems with Turkish pipeline

Postby MR-from-NG » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:04 pm

Kikapu wrote:
Jerry wrote:Oh dear, from the carpetbaggers forum, it looks like they are running out of water.

Çatalköy Belediyesi
10 hrs ·
DUYURU:

Türkiye'den Geçitköy'e gelen su boru hattında oluşan arızadan dolayı bölgemize su verilememektedir. Vatandaşlarımızın sularını kontrollü kullanmaları önemle rica olunur.

Announcement:
We are unable to provide water to our area due to the malfunction in the water pipeline that comes from turkey to gecitkoy. It is important that our citizens use their waters in control.

Jerry, I have never believed that water was coming from Turkey via the pipe as I have never seen any credible evidence that it did. Turkey trumpeted such achievements before the water was piped, but once the date arrived, I never saw any credible evidence that it actually arrived, other than some water pouring out of some generic pipe into some field with couple of people around. Where was the Grand welcoming of the water from Turkey with huge celebrations?


Kikapu you are full of shit. Stop it man. The Greeks love you anyway so no need to overplay your hand my friend. The water is really coming from across the water and you know that as well as I do. To keep coming out with such shit isn't going to make you anymore popular amongst the Greeks than you already are so stick to the facts.

Rest assured you are the Greeks favourite Turk on the forum and nobody can challenge you for that position so no need to keep buttering their bread :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MR-from-NG
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2809
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:58 pm

Re: Problems with Turkish pipeline

Postby MR-from-NG » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:10 pm

Furthermore Kikapu. I am probably more anti mainland than you are. I have, together with my brother have vowed never to step foot on Turkish soil for as long as RTE is running the show. All that said Iwouldnt come up with shit like you're doing just discredit them. I stick to the facts and if you have any self respect you should do the same.

Stop saying things that Greeks wanna hear so that you can get brownie points, just not nice for an intelligent fully grown man.
MR-from-NG
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2809
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:58 pm

Re: Problems with Turkish pipeline

Postby Get Real! » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:17 pm

MR-from-NG wrote:Furthermore Kikapu...

It's Kikapopoulos please... :)
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 41639
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Problems with Turkish pipeline

Postby MR-from-NG » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:23 pm

Get Real! wrote:
MR-from-NG wrote:Furthermore Kikapu...

It's Kikapopoulos please... :)


:lol: :lol: :lol: And that's why I love you M :lol: :lol:
MR-from-NG
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2809
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:58 pm

Next

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest