The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


INVESTMENTS

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Re: INVESTMENTS

Postby miltiades » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:46 pm

Pyrpolizer wrote:
miltiades wrote:Re malaka.
When you gamble on cards ot casino you LOSE all your your stake

Trading you DO NOT.
Get it in your thick scull.


Idiot you are confused.

If you gamble in the stock markets having bought at a price of 100 units setting your out points to 90 and 110 your stake is actually 10 and you will either win or lose ALL that stake 50% of the times.
Similarly if you take 10 units out of the 100 you have in your pocket and you bet those in a Poker game Vs an equal player your stake is again 10 and you will either win or lose ALL of it 50% of the times.

This is the form of gambling on a 50-50 basis. Professional gamblers though don't gamble on a 50-50% because they are simply professionals.
The odds of a professional Vs an Intermediate are about 70-30%. That's how they become millionaires. They have no problem been called gamblers, because that's what they are, however they are winners most of the times because of SKILL.
No doubt there are professionals dealing with the stock markets as well.

You are NOT A PROFESSIONAL. You are an AMATEUR. You never got any lesson from professionals you never read a book. You never used any program to study any stock including variables such as it's volume. You know absolutely nothing in how to estimate volatility and do buy-sells at specific values that have higher odds of winning. Basically you know nothing and your skill is near zero as much as anyone's. Amateur players in the stock markets fail 92-94% of the times. You will fail too. End of December is not far away. Patience :P :P :P

What an absolute idiot. How on earth did you figure that I never read a ...book!!!.
Ypu are talking bullshit. This here is the arena. O recommended Tomtom at 7.22 € on October 31st. I bought and sold twice and made a profit. Last evening I bought again at 8.12€. Shall I tell you why ?
I better not, you wouldn't understand, but just to give you a hint.
A sudden surge in the price to 8.41€ , 30 minutes before the close, triggered my belief that something is happening or about to happen. Now I have reached my maximum as I never go for more than 3 stocks, namely XRP, Galapagos and Tomtom. Just watch and learn , it ain't Poker mate, this what separates the men from the boys, boy.
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16993
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Re: INVESTMENTS

Postby Pyrpolizer » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:00 pm

You ain't a man nor a boy anymore.
You are NEUTRAL. A pappoush. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tell us more about the book you read.
User avatar
Pyrpolizer
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 9797
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:33 pm

Re: INVESTMENTS

Postby miltiades » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:03 pm

Just to summarise my ....loses.!!
Ripple bought at 0.44$
Galapagos at 89.70€
Tomtom at 8.12€.
All 3 currently below my purchase price, well temporarily !!
Watch these 3, and the 3 Plonketeers can rejoice counting my ...loses!
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16993
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Re: INVESTMENTS

Postby miltiades » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:09 pm

Pyrpolizer wrote:You ain't a man nor a boy anymore.
You are NEUTRAL. A pappoush. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tell us more about the book you read.

The proof is in the pudding. Do remember, I qualified as an ACCA before you were born.
I have been trading since about 1984/85
You were then still sucking and you are still a sucker. Now, take the piss on my 3 investements, watch Ripple go .....down to .028 ? Did you say that ? Boy watch the old master and learn.
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16993
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Re: INVESTMENTS

Postby Pyrpolizer » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:32 pm

For all I care about your stocks

Here's a tip what to do with them.
1)Stand in front of a large mirror
2)Stretch your legs apart.
3)Take a glass of zivania.
4)Looking through the mirror splash the glass of zivania right on your stocks
5)Light a match and burn them
User avatar
Pyrpolizer
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 9797
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:33 pm

Re: INVESTMENTS

Postby Pyrpolizer » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:00 am

miltiades wrote:A sudden surge in the price to 8.41€ , 30 minutes before the close, triggered my belief that something is happening or about to happen.


Nonsense. It was a deliberate market manipulation. Huge volume buy at high price equally huge volume sell out 5 minutes later.
It costs nothing since next time B will be selling to A
They do that all the time to push prices up.
Didn't you learn that in your book? :mrgreen: :P
User avatar
Pyrpolizer
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 9797
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:33 pm

Re: INVESTMENTS

Postby miltiades » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:17 am

Pyrpolizer wrote:
miltiades wrote:A sudden surge in the price to 8.41€ , 30 minutes before the close, triggered my belief that something is happening or about to happen.


Nonsense. It was a deliberate market manipulation. Huge volume buy at high price equally huge volume sell out 5 minutes later.
It costs nothing since next time B will be selling to A
They do that all the time to push prices up.
Didn't you learn that in your book? :mrgreen: :P

Oh boy, I didn't ....know that . Now I will be ready when B sells to A !!!!!!!!
For your info, there was indeed a 300,000 € buy. There will be more one hopes tomorrow .
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16993
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Re: INVESTMENTS

Postby Pyrpolizer » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:45 am

miltiades wrote:
Pyrpolizer wrote:
miltiades wrote:A sudden surge in the price to 8.41€ , 30 minutes before the close, triggered my belief that something is happening or about to happen.


Nonsense. It was a deliberate market manipulation. Huge volume buy at high price equally huge volume sell out 5 minutes later.
It costs nothing since next time B will be selling to A
They do that all the time to push prices up.
Didn't you learn that in your book? :mrgreen: :P

Oh boy, I didn't ....know that . Now I will be ready when B sells to A !!!!!!!!
For your info, there was indeed a 300,000 € buy. There will be more one hopes tomorrow .


That will be at high price again. That's why it costs nothing. :mrgreen:
User avatar
Pyrpolizer
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 9797
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:33 pm

Re: INVESTMENTS

Postby miltiades » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:33 am

Can we please try and keep this thread informative rather than argumentative.
We are entitled to do as we prefer with our money, I love trading and consider it as a rewarding activity. As I said many times, if one could get it right every time one would be a multi billionaire. My.goal is to make a few euros more than banks pay interest which is negligible right now. As a young man I experienced casinos until I realized that it is a mugs game. Trading has nothing to do with luck, but focuses on likely performance of a stock, as well as the possibility of a takeover bid.
I still believe that sooner rather than later Tomtom will be made an offer which the main 40+% shareholders will find hard to resist. The share could then reach well over 12 euros. In the meantime I shall just be patient. Have all the time in the world.
Galapagos is the one for longer investement, perhaps a year or two during which time one would see volatility, keep an eye out.
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16993
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Re: INVESTMENTS

Postby Pyrpolizer » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:28 pm

I think I have exhausted everything I knew about the subject.
I got physically exhausted as well typing and typing. :cry: :cry:

Anyway a few last words from me hopefully someone else will take over.
What do you think causes all that volatility in certain stocks?
The supply and demand under normal circumastances should be about constant or slightly rising in favor of price if the stock is good. Volatility should be near zero. Isn't it the games of the big sharks that cause all this?

For me what happened yesterday is an indication someone wants to unload a big package and before doing so he pulls the price up.
The reason he pulls it up is because there no way to unload such a huge package without causing a big drop in the price.
This is a complicated thing, you need to have access to real time data to do it, and you can't just pull up at any price or it will cost more than what will deliver. A and B who initiated it act like a team. Or it's the same person/company hiding behind 2 sister names/ companies. Watch that stock going down and down in the next few days until the guy unloads fully. He may not manage to unload from the first time and hence do it again and again. But it becomes more costly in subsequent runs as he has to suck everyone who sells at that particular moment. In this case if his initial package was say 300 he will end up to a bigger package of say 320 before unloading.

The same procedure applies when they attack a Stock. However the purpose in this case is to lower the price to very low and then buy the stock for peanuts. The process is more complicated and costly though because A who initiates it has to sell part of his package for peanuts ending up from an initial package of 300 units to 280.

NB.Numbers above are arbitrary, just to reflect what you said about a sudden volume of 300.
User avatar
Pyrpolizer
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 9797
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:33 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest