The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Cypriot success in Australia

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Cypriot success in Australia

Postby Londonrake » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:40 am

Londonrake
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 926
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: Cypriot success in Australia

Postby Zenon33 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:16 pm

Great!.
Congratulations to all.
User avatar
Zenon33
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:49 pm
Location: Limassol, Cyprus

Re: Cypriot success in Australia

Postby Cap » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:03 pm

It's getting out of hand

HALLOUMI CRISIS: SHORTAGE LOOMS AS CHINA FALLS IN LOVE WITH RUBBERY CHEESE
https://www.newsweek.com/halloumi-crisi ... 8K9TC_I_1E
User avatar
Cap
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6956
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Cypriot Empire

Re: Cypriot success in Australia

Postby Paphitis » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:48 pm

Halloumi is now a very well known cheese in Australia among Australians who have become global foodies. Aussies do love their food, drink, alcohol (wine and beer) and the halloumi is now a regular staple in Australian Backyards for barbecue.

They also into Greek Saganaki. They do go and buy the Greek and French cheeses.

Even if Greece and Cyprus are unable to export, Australian cheese makers are now making their own Halloumi and in my opinion it tastes real good. I get my Halloumi from an Italian Australian business. It's locally made, very fresh and very yummy. Less salty too.

The level of Australia's gastronomy is second to none right now. There is no place like Australia when it comes to food and restaurants. If you guys don't know what I mean, then visit Melbourne and Adelaide to get the best feast of your senses.

It just goes to show that Australia has developed its own unique personality. Whilst the poms are bland and tasteless, Aussies have gone to the other extreme beyond what I can describe with words.

Basically, Australia is the new France.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 23057
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Cypriot success in Australia

Postby DT. » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:10 am

Paphitis wrote:Halloumi is now a very well known cheese in Australia among Australians who have become global foodies. Aussies do love their food, drink, alcohol (wine and beer) and the halloumi is now a regular staple in Australian Backyards for barbecue.

They also into Greek Saganaki. They do go and buy the Greek and French cheeses.

Even if Greece and Cyprus are unable to export, Australian cheese makers are now making their own Halloumi and in my opinion it tastes real good. I get my Halloumi from an Italian Australian business. It's locally made, very fresh and very yummy. Less salty too.

The level of Australia's gastronomy is second to none right now. There is no place like Australia when it comes to food and restaurants. If you guys don't know what I mean, then visit Melbourne and Adelaide to get the best feast of your senses.

It just goes to show that Australia has developed its own unique personality. Whilst the poms are bland and tasteless, Aussies have gone to the other extreme beyond what I can describe with words.

Basically, Australia is the new France.


There’s 4 gastronomic capitals of the world, London, NY, Tokyo and Paris. My vote split between London and NY. You can’t seriously compare the unbelievable choice and quality these capitals offer with....erm....Melbourne and Adelaide :lol:
User avatar
DT.
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 12339
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:34 pm
Location: Lefkosia

Re: Cypriot success in Australia

Postby Paphitis » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:18 am

DT. wrote:
Paphitis wrote:Halloumi is now a very well known cheese in Australia among Australians who have become global foodies. Aussies do love their food, drink, alcohol (wine and beer) and the halloumi is now a regular staple in Australian Backyards for barbecue.

They also into Greek Saganaki. They do go and buy the Greek and French cheeses.

Even if Greece and Cyprus are unable to export, Australian cheese makers are now making their own Halloumi and in my opinion it tastes real good. I get my Halloumi from an Italian Australian business. It's locally made, very fresh and very yummy. Less salty too.

The level of Australia's gastronomy is second to none right now. There is no place like Australia when it comes to food and restaurants. If you guys don't know what I mean, then visit Melbourne and Adelaide to get the best feast of your senses.

It just goes to show that Australia has developed its own unique personality. Whilst the poms are bland and tasteless, Aussies have gone to the other extreme beyond what I can describe with words.

Basically, Australia is the new France.


There’s 4 gastronomic capitals of the world, London, NY, Tokyo and Paris. My vote split between London and NY. You can’t seriously compare the unbelievable choice and quality these capitals offer with....erm....Melbourne and Adelaide :lol:


Sorry mate, but Melbourne and Adelaide absolutely destroy Paris, London, and New York. Check it out for yourself next time.

First of all, the produce is far superior, before we get into the wines, beers and food.

I'm not saying this out of some bias. So if you insist London is better then no worries.

But you need to get down to Australia because the food here is second to none, as well as the wines, and beers. :wink:

Australia has really taken over the world in gastronomy. The food in new York and London isn't comparable. You are taking the piss.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 23057
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Cypriot success in Australia

Postby DT. » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:23 am

Paphitis wrote:
DT. wrote:
Paphitis wrote:Halloumi is now a very well known cheese in Australia among Australians who have become global foodies. Aussies do love their food, drink, alcohol (wine and beer) and the halloumi is now a regular staple in Australian Backyards for barbecue.

They also into Greek Saganaki. They do go and buy the Greek and French cheeses.

Even if Greece and Cyprus are unable to export, Australian cheese makers are now making their own Halloumi and in my opinion it tastes real good. I get my Halloumi from an Italian Australian business. It's locally made, very fresh and very yummy. Less salty too.

The level of Australia's gastronomy is second to none right now. There is no place like Australia when it comes to food and restaurants. If you guys don't know what I mean, then visit Melbourne and Adelaide to get the best feast of your senses.

It just goes to show that Australia has developed its own unique personality. Whilst the poms are bland and tasteless, Aussies have gone to the other extreme beyond what I can describe with words.

Basically, Australia is the new France.


There’s 4 gastronomic capitals of the world, London, NY, Tokyo and Paris. My vote split between London and NY. You can’t seriously compare the unbelievable choice and quality these capitals offer with....erm....Melbourne and Adelaide :lol:


Sorry mate, but Melbourne and Adelaide absolutely destroy Paris, London, and New York. Check it out for yourself next time.

First of all, the produce is far superior, before we get into the wines, beers and food.

I'm not saying this out of some bias. So if you insist London is better then no worries.

But you need to get down to Australia because the food here is second to none, as well as the wines, and beers. :wink:

Australia has really taken over the world in gastronomy. The food in new York and London isn't comparable. You are taking the piss.


Read the red part again....only slower this time.
User avatar
DT.
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 12339
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:34 pm
Location: Lefkosia

Re: Cypriot success in Australia

Postby Paphitis » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:25 am

DT. wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
DT. wrote:
Paphitis wrote:Halloumi is now a very well known cheese in Australia among Australians who have become global foodies. Aussies do love their food, drink, alcohol (wine and beer) and the halloumi is now a regular staple in Australian Backyards for barbecue.

They also into Greek Saganaki. They do go and buy the Greek and French cheeses.

Even if Greece and Cyprus are unable to export, Australian cheese makers are now making their own Halloumi and in my opinion it tastes real good. I get my Halloumi from an Italian Australian business. It's locally made, very fresh and very yummy. Less salty too.

The level of Australia's gastronomy is second to none right now. There is no place like Australia when it comes to food and restaurants. If you guys don't know what I mean, then visit Melbourne and Adelaide to get the best feast of your senses.

It just goes to show that Australia has developed its own unique personality. Whilst the poms are bland and tasteless, Aussies have gone to the other extreme beyond what I can describe with words.

Basically, Australia is the new France.


There’s 4 gastronomic capitals of the world, London, NY, Tokyo and Paris. My vote split between London and NY. You can’t seriously compare the unbelievable choice and quality these capitals offer with....erm....Melbourne and Adelaide :lol:


Sorry mate, but Melbourne and Adelaide absolutely destroy Paris, London, and New York. Check it out for yourself next time.

First of all, the produce is far superior, before we get into the wines, beers and food.

I'm not saying this out of some bias. So if you insist London is better then no worries.

But you need to get down to Australia because the food here is second to none, as well as the wines, and beers. :wink:

Australia has really taken over the world in gastronomy. The food in new York and London isn't comparable. You are taking the piss.


Read the red part again....only slower this time.


It's true.

You need to come and have a look. It is far better than New York, Paris and London. Everyone will tell you this.

Things have really taken off and we are pretty damn spoilt here. And the best wines in the world too.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 23057
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Cypriot success in Australia

Postby kurupetos » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:15 pm

Do you have nuclear power plants in Oz?
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 18458
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: Cypriot success in Australia

Postby Paphitis » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:12 am

kurupetos wrote:Do you have nuclear power plants in Oz?


There was a Nuclear plant at Lucas Heights, but that is largely for experimentation rather than making power.

They were mostly experimenting there and the reactor was more for the purpose of building Nuclear Weapons rather than make energy. Australia has a long history of experimenting with Nuclear Energy, Ballistic Rocketry, and Nuclear testing from the early 1960s.

Australia never pursued Nuclear Energy because of the abundance of other Energy Sources. But that could change as they are debating Nuclear power now as a viable transition to Green Energy sources like solar, hydro, and wind power.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 23057
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Next

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest